Maxicooper

Show us your MINI/MINIs

Now that I have my new Clubby, I decided to have a little fun with it.

I give you the new Bat Podd. If you see me out and about, be sure to wave!

nGHIaJU.jpg

YIa2Bek.jpg

j64PgNJ.jpg

wtZp7YZ.jpg

nVHwxqV.jpg

Qb9GlPO.jpg

HOml3jm.jpg

4ooMVNr.jpg

Still planning to plastidip the rims black and get some Bat logos on them.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

The BatPodd is coming along nicely. Having a 3D Printer has helped with some of the more specific parts:

fQBQKiS.jpg

kSRD3mc.jpg

epolMh6.jpg

Next additions are the Bat "Ear" Antenne and lights for the roof, and the BatBeam hood.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

89zLDXb.jpg
  • Like 1

image.php?u=1714&type=sigpic&dateline=14

"Big Pig" - KW V3 Coilovers - Hotchkis rear control arms - Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips - Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights - ECS Black Line Tail Lights - Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers - Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals - Joey Mod Head lights - Outmotoring LED Driving Lights - Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels - Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

Here's some shots from last weekend when I installed the Cravenspeed Short Shifter and Air Horns on Lilli.

picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=888

picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=892

picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=894

picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=895

picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=896

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.

Ali - Tggrrr looks great. I look forward to seeing it in person. That guy in Norfolk does a great job. However my primary questions are about that really cool Classic. I want to know if the latter Classics had 5 speeds so highway driving is easier? I would also like to know where the picture was taken? I have a Caterham and I was not aware there was anyone around here who worked on them.

15 hours ago, CarlB said:

. However my primary questions are about that really cool Classic. I want to know if the latter Classics had 5 speeds so highway driving is easier?

They did not come with overdrive, always a 4 speed. the gear ratios post 1984 are: 3.647|2.185|1.425|1.000 with the diff ratio changing from 3.105 to 2.76 in 1996. That lower the rpm at highway speeds and reduced noise, but sacrificed torque on twisty roads in lower gears.

I can run 65mph down the highway with no issues, the biggest issue you can have is overheating on extended highway driving in the hotter humid summer. That can be corrected fairly cheap with improved water pump, radiator, and if needed a larger pulley to decease the speed the pump spins.

James had his re-geared as he drives it on the highway for long distances, and he said being able to cruise at 80 was not worth what he lost where you do your fun driving.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

7 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

They did not come with overdrive, always a 4 speed. the gear ratios post 1984 are: 3.647|2.185|1.425|1.000 with the diff ratio changing from 3.105 to 2.76 in 1996. That lower the rpm at highway speeds and reduced noise, but sacrificed torque on twisty roads in lower gears.

I can run 65mph down the highway with no issues, the biggest issue you can have is overheating on extended highway driving in the hotter humid summer. That can be corrected fairly cheap with improved water pump, radiator, and if needed a larger pulley to decease the speed the pump spins.

James had his re-geared as he drives it on the highway for long distances, and he said being able to cruise at 80 was not worth what he lost where you do your fun driving.

Thank you for all the good Classic info. The overdrive gear box might be very expensive but it is still a nice thing to have. I really look forward to seeing your car. It is one of the nicest ones I have seen. I wouldn't give up on my first gen for one yet. I love my 06 JCW. 

I am still curious about where the picture was taken. The big Caterham sign got my attention. I have a Caterham and did not know any shops around here had a connection. 

Hey guys, new member & MINI owner here... I've enjoyed the creative mods you guys have come up with.  Just thought I'd share a before & after pic of some of the upgrades I made to my Maggie (an F60 hybrid), since picking her up this December past.

Maggie-Before-After.thumb.JPG.f7a5d85cf48885e45eb895107df51b61.JPG 

Edited by Ghostwriter28
  • Like 3

Maggie - '19 Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 (F60)
Becky - '15 Cooper (F56)