Maxicooper

Show us your MINI/MINIs

It's not the speedbumps that Ricky is worried about - ask him about the manhole cover (or water valve cover or something)... Just be sitting down when you hear about it, it'll break your heart...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Ooooh man. I'm betting that's why he wanted my old front bumper. :(

It's not the speedbumps that Ricky is worried about - ask him about the manhole cover (or water valve cover or something)... Just be sitting down when you hear about it, it'll break your heart...

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^Not quite. That bumper was for me to practice plastic welding and and bondo/paint work :rock:

@ elpollodiablo: I have actually gone an inch lower since those pictures were taken.

Long story short, I cracked my block :banghead:

I was in a hurry and hit what I believe is a gas line cover thing on the road. They are not as big as manholes but they have a domed top. I didnt think about after I hit it. When I came back to my car where I parked it I saw that it was sitting in a puddle of oil (see pic #1). I was like ehh its just the oil pan. So after getting it towed home and up on stands I realized that I had actually cracked my block :frown: The lower engine mount had snagged on the cover. **** had just hit the fan (see pic #2). All the money I had been saving up for new wheels and a couple other goodies has been put into a new engine :frown: Hopefully some forged pistons are in the works. Current status: The engine I bought is disassembled and cleaned (see pic #3). Im just waiting for a buddy to help me drop my engine. Kinda hard to do with a jack and just me :tongue:

536272_4734133230346_651847307_n.jpg

546673_4748318224962_2019880518_n.jpg

149421_4865147785628_1159323368_n.jpg

Long story short, I cracked my block :banghead:

I was in a hurry and hit what I believe is a gas line cover thing on the road. They are not as big as manholes but they have a domed top. I didnt think about after I hit it. When I came back to my car where I parked it I saw that it was sitting in a puddle of oil (see pic #1). I was like ehh its just the oil pan. So after getting it towed home and up on stands I realized that I had actually cracked my block :frown: The lower engine mount had snagged on the cover. **** had just hit the fan (see pic #2). All the money I had been saving up for new wheels and a couple other goodies has been put into a new engine :frown: Hopefully some forged pistons are in the works. Current status: The engine I bought is disassembled and cleaned (see pic #3). Im just waiting for a buddy to help me drop my engine. Kinda hard to do with a jack and just me :tongue:

I have actually gone an inch lower since those pictures were taken.
Very sorry to hear this news, Ricky - that really sucks, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone... but I have to ask... don't you think you might have taken the lowering process a bit too far? Perhaps it's time to raise the car back up a bit? :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Wow, that is riding low in OC. Looks great.

Did you scrape on the driveway aprons in OC? They can be a problem.

Thanks guys. I actually busted my second oil pan right before the bay bridge. I had it about an inch lower in the front prior to that.

Took advantage of the "snow" day, and snapped a few quick pictures.

IMG_5597_zpsb681c371.jpg

Who says a MINI can't plow snow?

IMG_5603_zps6a09abe0.jpg

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!