Maxicooper

Show us your MINI/MINIs

Ok, so I drove her for about 4-5 hours today (remind me to buy Elie a large beer at Mad Fox) incredible car--spent a few miles trying to figure out why she was being so loud between 30-40mph, realized it was just the supercharger rumbling (hmm, 3rd and 4th gear are about the same loud--ooh its just the car being AWESOME sexy, sweet!). The clutch is so much easier than the subaru I've been driving's. Anti-rollback is awesome, and as I proved more than once, you don't have to start her in 1st, second and third will also work, although they *will* rattle your confidence a bit if you're new to a manual (excuse me while i go put some rouge on my white knuckles). Punch leather seats with heating are phenomenal--so comfortable, i may go nap in her now, and the trunk has now been big enough for a costco run and a grocery run. Plus she's well laid out enough to have room for a non-ski jacket and purse behind either seat, and the arm rest has a storage compartment for little stuff, and under it another cupholder which is perfect for my phone, keys etc. I'm even happier than i was previously. He tried to back the car up in 6th once, i'm sure i'll try to back his up in first once (that's more scary!!) but totally in love love love!!

There's no supercharger to rumble... Since 2007, they've been Turbocharged and without some aftermarket parts, you aren't going to hear much noise out of it. I'd have to guess that it's some resonance in the exhaust that occurs at around the same rpm range. Enjoy it though!

Be careful starting out in 2nd and 3rd gear, I'm sure you know you can smoke your clutch that way. It'll just heat up and glaze over and a replacement isn't cheap.

Lona and I have the same problem going back and forth between our cars as her Reverse is to the right and down and of course mine is to the left and up.

Enjoy!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie around here -- wanted to put up some pictures of my baby. Started messing around with some of my favorite Hipstamatic filters taking some pictures of Green Hono the other day and liked how these ones turned out.

picture.php?albumid=96&pictureid=414

picture.php?albumid=96&pictureid=415

picture.php?albumid=96&pictureid=416

A

Green Hono = 2012 MCS, BRGII, Black Roof, 17'' Black Conical Spoke Wheels, Checkered: Mirrors, Dash, Floormats, Door Handles.

A friend of mine just took some pics of Tigger and I, they came out really nice. He used to be a professional photographer so it was a real treat to work with him.

Ali

Do you know the name of those rims? I have the same ones, and my wife adores them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

Tigger's rims are Rota Torques in Hyper Black, I really love them

Ali

I'm pretty sure that we have the same rims, but I'm having trouble finding a link to ones that look exactly like ours. Google fail!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

I'm pretty sure that we have the same rims, but I'm having trouble finding a link to ones that look exactly like ours. Google fail!

Oh wait, the ones in my cartoon picture are not the ones he has now. Those are Web Spokes and they're from MINI. I looked at your pic and you have Tigger's last rims.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Picked up my 03 MCS about a month ago, and haven't taken new pics yet.

From the day I picked it up.

2012-02-21_19-49-05_984.jpg

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

I saw that MINI on 395 today :wavey:

Lol, I was waiting to see how long it would take you to see that. :wavey:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Great looking Mini's, the black on black and Soulfire are my personal favorites!

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!