Scavenger

That was fun!

I just got cleaned up after the long drive back and thought I'd start this thread. I had a blast at MOTD and I bet a lot of others did too. Let's hear it! :party:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

+1

Had lots of fun but I'm so damn tired this afternoon. Thanks to the group of 15 on the run back home. It was great to have so many of us together!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

We had a wonderful group going and coming back as well during the meet. I expect to see pictures ASAP. As for my video shots it may take some time. The camera is not friendly with MAC and I haven't played with in quite some time.

thnaks Craig and Bill for sweeping and Craig and Marty for leading. :top::congrats:

It was a pleasure meeting those I hadn't before and a pleasure seeing the ones I new and hadn't seen in almost over a year.

Ohhhh 69........the sound of that pulley :motor:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

I had a blast the whole time. Tigger got his first mod and the flames. After that long drive home I washed and did a quick wax with slick just to see him all pretty and free of the road grime.

I learned a ton about my car and love it even more now. I still smile every time I hear the new sound of the engine from my new pulley or when I see those flames!!! What to do next?

I drove the Dragon twice once before the pulley and once after, there was a difference for sure. I really noticed it going home on the big up hills, Tigger was keeping up much easier.

I uploaded a slew of pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/AliDrew/20100430#

http://picasaweb.google.com/AliDrew/20100501#

http://picasaweb.google.com/AliDrew/20100502#

Thanks to Craig, Marty and Rick for leading us home. I've never done a caravan like that before. It was way better then driving alone. Can't wait for next year.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Had an awesome time guys. Only downer is that my voice finally died this morning. Made for a pretty quiet drive home lol. Ended up with a final tally of 2230 miles for the whole trip. Prolly about the equivalent to the number of bugs that are plastered on the front of the mini lol.

I took a ton of pics and I know Deanna has already gotten some up on facebook, I'll get people tagged prolly by the end of the week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ohhhhhh 68! (I owe ya one :wink:)

I had a blast. I felt kinda like an outsider before because I only showed up for Dinner Meet-ups...he he he. I think the DCMMers are the best group out there! Duh!

It was nice to get together outside of the Beltway Madness. I especially thank everyone for making my brother feel so at home. He is still telling my family about you all.

So, now it's time to get the plans together for our cabin for next year!

~Q~

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

That was awesome... my 6th one, but I think it may well be my most memorable.

It was especially wonderful to see so many "Dragon virgins" from DCMM there this year. I hope you all can now see why it has become a permanent fixture on many of our calendars.

Let's make next year even better! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

...And the weather was so much better this year, and Sat and Sun so much better than I thought might be based on the predictions! My 6th year too.

In a few days I'll have some pics and video uploaded, including of two black bears about 50 feet off the edge of 441 going into Gatlinburg.

I had a great time as always, but sure was good to get back to my sweetie last night!

I agree with all of the above sentiments. Thanks again to the leaders and sweepers. I did 2 relatively minor mods, but oh the difference! Jennifer enjoyed her first drive on the Dragon, as did I, and we're looking forward to next year. :top:

Photos are posted on FaceBook, and I'll be working on some video.

-Jim

Glad all the Dragon "virgins" had a good time. Now you guys know why we veterans gab about it so much!

Sorry I missed the caravan, but I had to get home ASAP as I have to leave for Pittsburgh tomorrow....blech....I have to drive our Subaru wagon. I'll be there 10 days or so, but will keep in touch on the computer...

I had a blast the whole time. Tigger got his first mod and the flames. After that long drive home I washed and did a quick wax with slick just to see him all pretty and free of the road grime.

I learned a ton about my car and love it even more now. I still smile every time I hear the new sound of the engine from my new pulley or when I see those flames!!! What to do next?

I drove the Dragon twice once before the pulley and once after, there was a difference for sure. I really noticed it going home on the big up hills, Tigger was keeping up much easier.

I uploaded a slew of pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/AliDrew/20100430#

http://picasaweb.google.com/AliDrew/20100501#

http://picasaweb.google.com/AliDrew/20100502#

Thanks to Craig, Marty and Rick for leading us home. I've never done a caravan like that before. It was way better then driving alone. Can't wait for next year.

Ali

OMG! Tigger's flames are AWESOME, Ali!!! Beaaaauuuuutiful! :congrats:Love all your pics ... esp. the 1s w/the 1st Gen bonnets up, lighting the night sky! Faaaabulous! :top::top::top:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

More accurately, it's the first weekend in May (and the days proceeding it, starting Wednesday).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129