GreenCactus

Was it you???

I saw Alex and Shadow again today, but Cricket was disguised as a red Chevy pickup. :wink:

That's hilarious. I was thinking to myself, "why did that person just flash their lights at me. I may or may not have been speeding...but really?!?!" hahaha

I like the disguise. :rofl:

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

I have to say, it seems like no one on the roads in NoVA respond to waves....

I would if people initiated. I'm tired of looking like the moron in the small car waving frantically for apparently no reason.

I would if people initiated. I'm tired of looking like the moron in the small car waving frantically for apparently no reason.

I do, just so that maybe some non responders will put 2 and 2 together, and start to wave back.

I have noticed, if they have customized their MINI or have personalized plates, the response rate is a lot higher.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Weird how DC proper seems to have the highest density of MINIs, but the lowest of MINIacs. I wave at the multitudes here whenever I can, but no responders :(

When I lived in DC there were at least a dozen MINIs within a one block radius of me. I only knew ONE of the owners. The rest just didn't care. I guess they were just commuter cars to them. :(

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I do, just so that maybe some non responders will put 2 and 2 together, and start to wave back.

I have noticed, if they have customized their MINI or have personalized plates, the response rate is a lot higher.

True, true....I apparently have not run into you out in the wild yet....

But you do not have to put a big effort for that :biggrin:

You've just missed me Senor Reinaldo Rodriguez. :biggrin:

Btw, I'll see you at the meeting...keep your head up after that comment.

Yesterday in College Park I saw a light-colored MINI Convertible topless with a couple ladies in my rear view mirror. As I was turning left, they passed, honked and waved above the roofline. I waved as best I could as my top was up, but a good chance they saw if they were looking. In any case, made my day! :itsme:

Edited by chrimson

-Chris

I only got a split second look. It had black hood stripes and sounded nice but, I was more concerned with not hitting the police that were getting out of their cars as I left my mothers neighborhood.

BTW, has anyone in Fairfax City noticed a whole lot more police out and about since the end of last week?

S Roadsters seem to be coming full force. First autocross, then this morning headed south on Rt. 1 almost to work, a blue one with standard VA tags. The female waves as I deliberately look and wave back as she passes :itsme:

-Chris

Saw Haemish at MoA this morning and then again at enterprise, apparently we're both getting rear breaks. Got a Grand Charokee that had only 34 miles on it that I doubled on my way to work.
Yep - hi again, Craig! :wavey:

My morning was less than productive. I actually got up early today, threw on clothes and got Mr. OEM to PMoA before they opened (3rd in line) for my service appointment. I have been trying to set up a pre-MOTD service appointment for almost 2 weeks now, making clear each time that I needed a loaner car.

We had it all set up for this morning - my SA, emailed me yesterday (even though it was his day off), to say that he was having one of his coworkers set aside a loaner for me. Well - when I get there this morning, and I'm in line outside, he calls me and tells me that someone took the loaner. Basically, another of his coworkers raided the "reserved" loaner and left me hanging. So - off to Enterprise it was. I didn't get a car for an hour after I checked in Mr. OEM. Painful!

Then, ironically... as I was sitting in the rental from Enterprise, before I even drove off the lot, my SA called me back and said he had managed to obtain a loaner, and asked if I could come back. So... I took the Enterprise paperwork back in, and they gave me a ride back to PMoA again so I could get the loaner.

I have said for years that PMoA doesn't have enough loaners. I have said this multiple times to the General Manager, David Hellmuth... and each time he defends himself by rattling off some large number about how many loaners they have.

Regardless of how many they have now, it's still not enough! They should be able to keep up with the demands of their customers, and they just don't. I counted at least 10 service customers (including me and Craig) this morning who needed to be picked up by Enterprise for a rental.

Anyway - rant over. My hopes for an early start today (including getting to work early) were completely shot by this nonsense! :hmpf:

P.S. Oh, and get off my lawn! :argh:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

My kids really enjoyed waving at you Craig. Your car looks and sounds great. They also demanded I roll the windows down so they could hear the sounds of the cars.

I love that they're burgeoning petrol heads.

My kids really enjoyed waving at you Craig. Your car looks and sounds great. They also demanded I roll the windows down so they could hear the sounds of the cars.

I love that they're burgeoning petrol heads.

That's some good parenting right there :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg