GreenCactus

Was it you???

Saw Haemish at MoA this morning and then again at enterprise, apparently we're both getting rear breaks. Got a Grand Charokee that had only 34 miles on it that I doubled on my way to work.
Yep - hi again, Craig! :wavey:

My morning was less than productive. I actually got up early today, threw on clothes and got Mr. OEM to PMoA before they opened (3rd in line) for my service appointment. I have been trying to set up a pre-MOTD service appointment for almost 2 weeks now, making clear each time that I needed a loaner car.

We had it all set up for this morning - my SA, emailed me yesterday (even though it was his day off), to say that he was having one of his coworkers set aside a loaner for me. Well - when I get there this morning, and I'm in line outside, he calls me and tells me that someone took the loaner. Basically, another of his coworkers raided the "reserved" loaner and left me hanging. So - off to Enterprise it was. I didn't get a car for an hour after I checked in Mr. OEM. Painful!

Then, ironically... as I was sitting in the rental from Enterprise, before I even drove off the lot, my SA called me back and said he had managed to obtain a loaner, and asked if I could come back. So... I took the Enterprise paperwork back in, and they gave me a ride back to PMoA again so I could get the loaner.

I have said for years that PMoA doesn't have enough loaners. I have said this multiple times to the General Manager, David Hellmuth... and each time he defends himself by rattling off some large number about how many loaners they have.

Regardless of how many they have now, it's still not enough! They should be able to keep up with the demands of their customers, and they just don't. I counted at least 10 service customers (including me and Craig) this morning who needed to be picked up by Enterprise for a rental.

Anyway - rant over. My hopes for an early start today (including getting to work early) were completely shot by this nonsense! :hmpf:

P.S. Oh, and get off my lawn! :argh:

My kids really enjoyed waving at you Craig. Your car looks and sounds great. They also demanded I roll the windows down so they could hear the sounds of the cars.

I love that they're burgeoning petrol heads.

My kids really enjoyed waving at you Craig. Your car looks and sounds great. They also demanded I roll the windows down so they could hear the sounds of the cars.

I love that they're burgeoning petrol heads.

That's some good parenting right there :top:

On the way home yesterday, I spotted a PH MCS on Rt. 7 before Leesburg!!! Honked & waved (excitedly) & got a spirited wave back! It's not often we run in2 PH MINIs! :biggrin:

Saw a really nice 2D JCW that was dark gray with black stripes and a black top on 395 South Monday on the way home.

Why couldn't they make the 4D a JCW model too?!

Saw a really nice 2D JCW that was dark gray with black stripes and a black top on 395 South Monday on the way home.

Why couldn't they make the 4D a JCW model too?!

Well, they kinda do - it's called a JCW Countryman. :smile:

The 2D JCW has an updated engine and interior. Nothing wrong with the JCW Countryman, but the updates are the reason I went with the 4D instead of the Countryman.

The 2D JCW has an updated engine and interior. Nothing wrong with the JCW Countryman, but the updates are the reason I went with the 4D instead of the Countryman.
Yep - 3rd Gen (F56 (2D) & F55 (4D)) vs. 2nd Gen (R60 (Countryman)).

The 3rd Gen Countryman will be released early next year, along with all of the same technology updates.

Left a "tag" note on a green MINI cabrio with white stripes that has been coming to the Saturday 8am class at Orange Theory Fitness in Fairfax for the last few weeks. Tried asking who's it was as I was leaving the 7am class but no one claimed it. If it was you, hope to see you at MINI's take the beltway!!

Passed Mr. OEM on I-95 N today at 3:30 between Exits 158 and 160. Honked and waved to Susan driving, but she didn't notice. One last honk as I waved in the rear window, not sure if I was finally seen. Hi again anyway :itsme:

Passed Mr. OEM on I-95 N today at 3:30 between Exits 158 and 160. Honked and waved to Susan driving, but she didn't notice. One last honk as I waved in the rear window, not sure if I was finally seen. Hi again anyway :itsme:
Haha Chris - I just saw this and showed it to Susan... she was very surprised and sorry she didn't notice you... she was so paranoid driving my car, not wanting to wreck it... that she just wasn't on the lookout for other MINIs. Oops! We switched cars today, so I could come back home early from work and take my parents to the airport in her car (3 checked suitcases and 2 carry-on suitcases, plus both of them... just not enough room in either of my cars without a roof rack installed).

Haha Chris - I just saw this and showed it to Susan... she was very surprised and sorry she didn't notice you... she was so paranoid driving my car, not wanting to wreck it... that she just wasn't on the lookout for other MINIs. Oops! We switched cars today, so I could come back home early from work and take my parents to the airport in her car (3 checked suitcases and 2 carry-on suitcases, plus both of them... just not enough room in either of my cars without a roof rack installed).

Props to Susan for driving a stick shift!!! :top:

I had a brief 'spirited' run with a white MCS, black stripes, MD tags (Sherm?) on 66W this morning. I took the exit and they beeped as they passed. A nice start to the day!