GreenCactus

Was it you???

So I'm driving up 395 topless this morning and I see a pepper white MCS merging, I wave furiously but her head is forward and she doesn't see Tigger and I. Just as my snit is getting all worked up I look ahead and in front of me is a brand new with dealer tags Spice Orange cabrio driving topless, so shiny and looked to be a happy MINI. I stayed behind him for a while and when the split for the Pentagon City exit he went right and I stayed left. As I got up next to him I tooted the horn in a friendly bip bip bip bip way and looked over and waved :itsme:

For a second he looked confused, then he got this huge smile and waved back, I looked over again and he waved again :wavey::wavey::wavey:

Oh it was a happy time with us waving to each other and smiling :top:

My day was made

No one ever waves to me! I'm kinda jealous.

Spotted a BRG w/checkerboard roof, scuttles, and mirror caps, Rota wheels, festooned with several stickers and clings to include a MTTS2012 and M/A decal. Spoke to the guy briefly at a traffic light in Leesburg. He's looking to join up, the dealer gave him a DCMM card. Based on our exchange, he probably picked this up pre-owned.

Took a drive around today... got a wave on 340 just outside of Boyce (could've been Nick, I think it was a Black hatchback)... saw 3 other MINIs on the drive, including an all Chili Red (body + roof) with Union Jack mirror caps on the Bypass in Leesburg, but no waves from any of them.

I was on the Baltimore Washington Parkway yesterday and I'm 95% certain that I spotted Carl with the Checkmate, around 9:30 am? If it wasn't Carl, it was another Checkmate. I waved, I wasn't sure if they saw me since they were going opposite way of me. I also saw a Clubman with a basket on top, I waved, they did not :(

I chased a Pepper White Clubman S through Clifton this morning. We both took it quite spirited. I waved, I didn't really get much acknowledgement other than him speeding up. I guess he thought I was saying "Go faster!" :banghead:

This is my first post.

I live in Clifton near Twin Lakes Golf Club. I just ordered a Pepper White Roadster S with the JCW exterior package from MINI of Sterling. My ETA is September 26th. I'll be happy to wave when the Roadster arrives.

2014 Roadster S: Pepper White; Black Seats; 6 Speed Manual; JCW Ext. Package; Chrome Driving Lamps; City Pack; 17" Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels, etc. Ordered: Aug 17th. Name: "John Bull" (the British Uncle Sam)

This is my first post.

I live in Clifton near Twin Lakes Golf Club. I just ordered a Pepper White Roadster S with the JCW exterior package from MINI of Sterling. My ETA is September 26th. I'll be happy to wave when the Roadster arrives.

Sounds like a sweet little MINI you have coming. :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

This is my first post.

Sweet. Sounds like he/she will be pretty. I live in the Clifton area so keep a look out for my waves!

for the 4rd time now, I pass TIGGER and Ali on 14th st NW, honk, wave, the whole 9 as I have now gotten in the mindset that I will see Ali. . . . but alas, nothing. Not a wave, not a mere acknowledgement. TIGGER doesn't like Li Ili'i Ka'a, or, dare I say, for such an enthusiastic MINI lover, Ali is not a wave'r.

:tongue::questionmark:

Ali, I will keep on the look out still, but honestly, I think the folks that see me honking at you and giving a quick WOOT know me as "that MINI Guy", whereas you just keep passing me by.

I'm sure we will connect at some point, I will hug my outside lane, you stay in your outside lane, and we will eventually high five at the whopping 3mph we pass on another at.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

for the 4rd time now, I pass TIGGER and Ali on 14th st NW, honk, wave, the whole 9 as I have now gotten in the mindset that I will see Ali. . . . but alas, nothing. Not a wave, not a mere acknowledgement. TIGGER doesn't like Li Ili'i Ka'a, or, dare I say, for such an enthusiastic MINI lover, Ali is not a wave'r.

:tongue::questionmark:

Ali, I will keep on the look out still, but honestly, I think the folks that see me honking at you and giving a quick WOOT know me as "that MINI Guy", whereas you just keep passing me by.

I'm sure we will connect at some point, I will hug my outside lane, you stay in your outside lane, and we will eventually high five at the whopping 3mph we pass on another at.

Really? I even had the top down yesterday. Are we going in opposite directions? I know when I drive down 14th I'm so focused on the traffic and the intersections that I don't look around me. I feel awful that I've missed you. I do wave, really I do!!!! :itsme:

It was my first day with Tigger back yesterday, we were bonding. Maybe I was rocking to the music and telling him how much I love him so I didn't notice any other MINIs.... :love:

I wave I tell you, I'm a waver :wavey:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm in Centreville just up New Braddock between Union Mill and 28. Phineus and I will keep an eye out for you in the area. He hasn't had any other Roadster pals nearby to play with yet! :motor:

This is my first post.

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

Nearly every day at 6:55 a.m. on my walk from L'Enfant across the National Mall toward Pennsylvania Avenue, I see a black Roadster driven by a woman in a floppy straw hat coming the opposite direction on 7th. Anyone? Anyone? I also occasionally see a copper Roadster going the same direction as me on 7th. Anyone?

Nearly every day at 6:55 a.m. on my walk from L'Enfant across the National Mall toward Pennsylvania Avenue, I see a black Roadster driven by a woman in a floppy straw hat coming the opposite direction on 7th. Anyone? Anyone? I also occasionally see a copper Roadster going the same direction as me on 7th. Anyone?

geez.... you've seen many more roadsters in the wild than I have, and I've had mine for over a year!

Anyway, welcome to the club! Roadsters are a blast!!!

Sweet. Sounds like he/she will be pretty. I live in the Clifton area so keep a look out for my waves!

Thank you for the welcome. I generally drive to the Vienna Metro on weekdays. You may see me headed to St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church on Union Mill every Sunday.

2014 Roadster S: Pepper White; Black Seats; 6 Speed Manual; JCW Ext. Package; Chrome Driving Lamps; City Pack; 17" Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels, etc. Ordered: Aug 17th. Name: "John Bull" (the British Uncle Sam)

I'm in Centreville just up New Braddock between Union Mill and 28. Phineus and I will keep an eye out for you in the area. He hasn't had any other Roadster pals nearby to play with yet! :motor:

Our neighborhood borders New Braddock near the intersection at Clifton Road. Don't be surprised if you see my Roadster at Guapo's in Fair Lakes on many a Friday night. I'll keep a lookout for your MINI. We head your way along New Braddock en route to Bonefish Grill or Sweetwater Tavern.

I've regularly seen a MINI parked in Hayden Village and another in Hampton Chase nearby.

I have yet to spot a Roadster outside the area surrounding MINI of Sterling. When I drove MGs back in the day, not many of those were around either. But they were certainly not as scarce as MINI Roadsters are today.

I also occasionally see a white one driven by a guy, probably in his 50s, on Route 28 coming from Chantilly toward Centreville around 6:00 p.m. when I'm on my way to Golds Gym in Chantilly. I think I saw him once on the Fairfax County Pkwy too.

It's about time Phineus will have a nearby playmate!

Oh and about two months ago, I met a lady at the Yorkshire Restaurant in Yorkshire (Manassas) who had a chili red Roadster parked near Phineus. She said she's had it for a year and had never seen another one until mine.

Update!

My Roadster S began production today: September 4th at 7:55 BST! I have a VIN! Hopefully, it will board ship in England early next week for the voyage to Baltimore.

Update!

My Roadster S began production today: September 4th at 7:55 BST! I have a VIN! Hopefully, it will board ship in England early next week for the voyage to Baltimore.

and now the excruciating portion of the wait begins...

We might need to have a roadster rally one of these days!!!

So, I was visiting the local Buffalo Wing Factory in Chantilly and I get a message from a friend with the attached photo that says "You should go outside"

2013-09-04.jpg

:top::rock::top::rock::top::rock:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

That's him! Top always up non waver

I saw him today and he had the top down!! No wave, but I was in my office, so I wouldn't expect one. :)

I got a wave yesterday as I was getting onto Rock Creek from a dark silver MINI with a really nice black and yellow graphic on the side. I think he had Florida plates...

I passed a red Roadster on Rock Creek (under the Kennedy Center) tonight, but no wave. Though, I didn't either because the car in front of me was being difficult.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186