GreenCactus

Was it you???

While on my way back from picking up a set of wheels for brandy's mini (thanks, Jim). I ran into a grey with back roof r56 with 30 day tags on Ox rd. Helped them break it in from Manassas to Woodbridge.:motor:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Saw a CR R53 on the toll road this am w/the tag ZIPNRED. It passed me b4 I could wave, but I've seen it b4 and got a wave. Also saw a HB Clubbie on the same road & got a wave (regular VA tag). :wavey:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Someone in a red Countryman turning off of Loudoun County Pkwy into University Center waved at me while I was sitting at the stop sign. I was distracted and only barely saw them out of the corner of my eye else I'd have waved back. Sorry!!

I hate when that happens!!! :itsme:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Saw an orange R52 in Rosslyn last night when walking to the metro and was waving like a fool. . .turns out it wasn't Tigger and Ali. :) Driver looked at me like I was insane.

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saw an orange R52 in Rosslyn last night when walking to the metro and was waving like a fool. . .turns out it wasn't Tigger and Ali. :) Driver looked at me like I was insane.

I've seen a Hot Orange R52 base model in that area, it's usually the same guy that never waves. OK, once I forced him to wave cause I caught his eye. But I think since then he's on to me and he ignores me. Last time I saw him I honked and waved like a crazy woman, nothing.....

Here's your wave from Tigger :itsme:

Tggrrr010.jpg

I've seen a Hot Orange R52 base model in that area, it's usually the same guy that never waves. OK, once I forced him to wave cause I caught his eye. But I think since then he's on to me and he ignores me. Last time I saw him I honked and waved like a crazy woman, nothing.....

Here's your wave from Tigger :itsme:

I see this guy too. I've never seen the top down, even when it's a nice day and he never waves. :(

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

It seems that at least twice a week in have been passing a BRG convertible with white bonnet stripes on River Rd. either entering Potomac in the morning or leaving in the afternoon/evening. I have been getting a consistent friendly wave but I have to get his license plate now (don't know if it is MD, DC, or VA).

He is the only MINI that I see that I can count on waving.

Save the wave! :itsme:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Headed home from work last night, A MINI was coming towards me on Chain Bridge Road, just south of Lee Highway. It was the spitting image of Lola but alas, as they passed, it was a non-waving MINI owner.

There's also a nice looking Clubman in the parking lot here at work - the license plates are OMG something. I never see the owner/driver though.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Hello, all! Just joined DCMM. It's nice to see folks excited to spot other MINIacs on the road.... If you happen to see an '09 Mellow Yellow hardtop with a white roof, ralleye stripes, and plates "CARY CPR", give a great big goofy wave because I'll certainly wave back if I didn't already wave at you first! TGGRRR, I'm pretty sure I've seen you motoring on the Beltway every now and again!

'09 hardtop - 'Cary Cooper'; H-Sport RSB; Koni FSDs; Poly engine mount, LCA & FSB bushings; DDMWorks CAI, ASA AR1 wheels; Union Jack side skuttles; hula girl bobble--Forget the road less traveled, I took the one most marveled!

Hello, all! Just joined DCMM. It's nice to see folks excited to spot other MINIacs on the road.... If you happen to see an '09 Mellow Yellow hardtop with a white roof, ralleye stripes, and plates "CARY CPR", give a great big goofy wave because I'll certainly wave back if I didn't already wave at you first! TGGRRR, I'm pretty sure I've seen you motoring on the Beltway every now and again!

Hi Cary CPR :itsme:

Tggrrr010.jpg

YAY a waver!!

So I'm driving up 395 topless this morning and I see a pepper white MCS merging, I wave furiously but her head is forward and she doesn't see Tigger and I. Just as my snit is getting all worked up I look ahead and in front of me is a brand new with dealer tags Spice Orange cabrio driving topless, so shiny and looked to be a happy MINI. I stayed behind him for a while and when the split for the Pentagon City exit he went right and I stayed left. As I got up next to him I tooted the horn in a friendly bip bip bip bip way and looked over and waved :itsme:

For a second he looked confused, then he got this huge smile and waved back, I looked over again and he waved again :wavey::wavey::wavey:

Oh it was a happy time with us waving to each other and smiling :top:

My day was made

Tggrrr010.jpg