GreenCactus

Was it you???

So I'm walking down L St NW going to lunch with my co-worker who loves cars. We both hear this totally badass exhaust; as we look up we see a JCW Clubbie zipping by. He parks across the street, we're hungry and I know Sean won't stop so I just oggle and we go to lunch. On the way back I made him walk on the side of the street where the JCW was parked and it was still there. Really well loved with carbon fiber side scuttles and beltline tape, nice rims and a great sounding exhaust. I'm sure there was more that I couldn't see.

I left a card, I hope he comes out to play

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

This morning, as I was driving to work, I caught a red light (shocker). The car in front of me was a Subaru Legacy with an awkward body kit that I was contemplating. While I was in la-la land, I noticed that the car in front of that was an Electric Blue MINI and I was trying to figure out if I know that one or not. I couldn't see any distinguishable characteristics. Well, we go when the light changes then I basically stalked the driver (it wasn't on purpose, I wanted Starbucks) and we chatted while waiting in line. She was really nice and excited to see another person excited about her car and I told her about this group of whackos called DCMM :rock:

On my way home I was following a BRG with silver trim Clubbie. We crossed the Francis Key Bridge together and I caught up with him on Route 50. I was right behind him and waved, he waved back through the mirror and I was happy.

then I exited at Carling Springs and there was my new friend, traffic was backed up at the light perfectly for me to sit right next to him. We rolled down windows and chatted. He is a past DCMM member so I told him about the Spring Fling. His car was named Vick or Vickie and I think his name was Bill. We had a nice little chat and then I stalked I mean followed him for the next few miles before turning off. :wavey:

Tggrrr010.jpg

On my way home I was following a BRG with silver trim Clubbie. We crossed the Francis Key Bridge together and I caught up with him on Route 50. I was right behind him and waved, he waved back through the mirror and I was happy.

then I exited at Carling Springs and there was my new friend, traffic was backed up at the light perfectly for me to sit right next to him. We rolled down windows and chatted. He is a past DCMM member so I told him about the Spring Fling. His car was named Vick or Vickie and I think his name was Bill. We had a nice little chat and then I stalked I mean followed him for the next few miles before turning off. :wavey:

I remember him!! He planned a run in VA that was really fun. I think I might still have the route sheet...

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Yesterday, I saw a Mellow Yellow R56 MCS, no stripes, black hood scoop, blacked out logos, I believe black roof, no vanity tag. Who is he?? I thought I saw a DCMM sticker, he waved and let me through traffic last night in Old Town Fairfax and I was staring awkwardly trying to figure out who he was.

Rocking out on Fairfax Blvd and a "subi" pulls up along side. Driver yells out nice car! It startled me but put a huge smile on my face on my way to club dinner.

What a DERPina! I just checked my PMs and it was John, JAB 67, in his non-MINI form! Bwahahahaha!

I now know that MINI-goggles do exist! We all look a little different when not in our MINIs(that's my defense)!

:itsme::itsme:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Rocking out on Fairfax Blvd and a "subi" pulls up along side. Driver yells out nice car! It startled me but put a huge smile on my face on my way to club dinner.

What a DERPina! I just checked my PMs and it was John, JAB 67, in his non-MINI form! Bwahahahaha!

I now know that MINI-goggles do exist! We all look a little different when not in our MINIs(that's my defense)!

:itsme::itsme:

I agree, I will not recognize someone if they are not in their MINI :captain:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yesterday, I saw a Mellow Yellow R56 MCS, no stripes, black hood scoop, blacked out logos, I believe black roof, no vanity tag. Who is he?? I thought I saw a DCMM sticker, he waved and let me through traffic last night in Old Town Fairfax and I was staring awkwardly trying to figure out who he was.

That was me!

I saw SUV2BIG in on Braddock rd the next day..

I saw SUV2BIG in on Braddock rd the next day..
That's Haemish!

It's fun to see each other in the wild

Yep, that's me! I was probably headed to/from the Garage Mahal. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

In the wild - baahahahaha! Seems most of us have personalized plates - makes it easier to spot a DCMM-iac among the MINI horde in the area. :itsme:

I think you're right!!! I have people always ask me if it's a prerequisite in order to own a MINI :)