GreenCactus

Was it you???

This is my first post.

I live in Clifton near Twin Lakes Golf Club. I just ordered a Pepper White Roadster S with the JCW exterior package from MINI of Sterling. My ETA is September 26th. I'll be happy to wave when the Roadster arrives.

Yay!!!!! I will look for you. I commute through Clifton every day :)

I'm a wave initiator. I'm the obnoxious one honking and arms out waving at people. So they wave back. Yesterday, I want to say it was on Henderson Rd in Clifton, black Cooper S with white stripes down the middle, she waved. Then a little later, saw a silver cabrio with black bonnet stripes and top up, no wave. And mind you, yesterday was gorgeous. I was very fussy that they had their top up.

Monday, I drove up Hoadly Rd in Manassas, got waves from both MINIs I saw - one was a blue Countryman, the other sad a Clubman.

I cannot believe how many MINI people in the Clifton area. My Pepper White Roadster S is in the middle of production in Oxford, so I'm looking at multiple weeks until delivery. Probably not too many MINIs like mine in Clifton (near Twin Lakes Golf Club). I can't hide with the top down, so I'll do my best with the wave. Sounds like there's enough DCMM drivers locally to meet at Starbucks, Paradise Springs Winery, or another landmark. I'm new to MINI and hope to learn a lot about the brand.

2014 Roadster S: Pepper White; Black Seats; 6 Speed Manual; JCW Ext. Package; Chrome Driving Lamps; City Pack; 17" Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels, etc. Ordered: Aug 17th. Name: "John Bull" (the British Uncle Sam)

We've done at least one run to that winery in the last 6-8 months - lots of fun! Keep us posted for the arrival and we look forward to motoring with you!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks for the response! My Roadster S is currently in the production in Oxford (due date 9/13), so it will be the end of September at the earliest for delivery. I will let everyone know, then I would love to meet all willing souls for introductions at a local eatery/coffee shop/winery.

Just look for the Pepper White Roadster S with the JCW exterior package!

Dave

2014 Roadster S: Pepper White; Black Seats; 6 Speed Manual; JCW Ext. Package; Chrome Driving Lamps; City Pack; 17" Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels, etc. Ordered: Aug 17th. Name: "John Bull" (the British Uncle Sam)

See you at Starbucks. I live off Braddock Rd.

Me too. I'm across from Twin Lakes.

I saw a very nice pepper white HT with 17" Challenge Spoke wheels outside Caribou at Fairfax Corner this evening (Saturday 9/7). Anyone here?

I got two awesome waves on the way home today. On 14th street a girl in a red velvet Cooper rolled up next to us, waved and rolled her window down. Said she was jealous that I had been to the Dragon. I told her to join us every May, and gave her the club name. She said she'll bring her parents who have a MINI and live in Atlanta, then the light changed.

Then I was on 395 S and saw a bright red Countryman catching up on the left. I had a funny feeling about him. It was like he was stalking me, so I looked and he got all happy and waved FIRST!!!! I waved back, as he passed I saw the plate

R60S4

I hope they both find us, they need us

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I got two awesome waves on the way home today. On 14th street a girl in a red velvet Cooper rolled up next to us, waved and rolled her window down. Said she was jealous that I had been to the Dragon. I told her to join us every May, and gave her the club name. She said she'll bring her parents who have a MINI and live in Atlanta, then the light changed.

Then I was on 395 S and saw a bright red Countryman catching up on the left. I had a funny feeling about him. It was like he was stalking me, so I looked and he got all happy and waved FIRST!!!! I waved back, as he passed I saw the plate

R60S4

I hope they both find us, they need us

LOL... That was me and my Pure Red Countryman. I been visiting the forums here off and on since I moved here in February. (Found you all from being on NAM) I had a feeling that was going be TIGGER; with the tag, the color and the flames.

Not too mention I must have thrown a dozen or more waves in the last couple weeks at other Minis and haven't had anyone even look my way! So yeah, I dropped the tinted window and had my WAVE ready!

MINI MAUL 2012 Countryman S ALL 4 Pure Red

2" Countryman Connection/Cooper Crap Lift | Breyton GTS-R 18"x8.5" | Pirelli Scorpion Verde 235/50-18 A/S Non RFTs | NM Torque Arm insert | LED Parking Light upgrade | H8 Yellow Fog Lamp upgrade | Rhino Rack XTray Cargo Rack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL... That was me and my Pure Red Countryman. I been visiting the forums here off and on since I moved here in February. (Found you all from being on NAM) I had a feeling that was going be TIGGER; with the tag, the color and the flames.

Not too mention I must have thrown a dozen or more waves in the last couple weeks at other Minis and haven't had anyone even look my way! So yeah, I dropped the tinted window and had my WAVE ready!

You totally made my ride home more fun!!!! Glad to have met you on the road :itsme:

I don't know my Countryman colors well, so now I know it's Pure Red. I like your plates. They show you love your MINI. I hope he or she has a name :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Man, no one EVER waves back at me......I passed 3 mini's on Arlington Ridge Road just this morning and no luck....

I am an over waver. I wave at every MINI I see, no BS. I am lucky if I get 3 in a week back.

I will not let it discourage me, and I certainly won't be part of the "let the wave die" people (there isn't anyone here with that mindset) I just think the wave separates the MINI Lover from the MINI owner/commuter, and MINI is "just another car".

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Around 5 PM this afternoon, on the Inner Loop of the Beltway in VA, just before the American Legion Bridge, I got a smile and head nod from a guy in a black hardtop with a white roof and a VA plate "WTF OMG". It was the best response that I have had this week. I'll take it.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Around 5 PM this afternoon, on the Inner Loop of the Beltway in VA, just before the American Legion Bridge, I got a smile and head nod from a guy in a black hardtop with a white roof and a VA plate "WTF OMG". It was the best response that I have had this week. I'll take it.

Really? We had a member with VA tags "AHH WTF" (there's a picture on the wall at MINI of Sterling) and the DMV recalled the tag 2 or 3 years ago... Granted it took them a good 5 years after the tag was issued before they recalled it...

And the story of that tag - he was drunk and playing on the VA DMV's website and decided AHH WTF let's see what happens...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]