GreenCactus

3rd Annual DC Metro MINIs Scavenger Hunt to Benefit the Wildlife Rescue League

3rd Annual DCMM Scavenger Hunt to Benefit the Wildlife Rescue League

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Start time: 11:00am at Passport MINI of Alexandria

End time: 4:00pm (deadline) It will take a couple of hours to compile the results, so don't plan on leaving until about 6pm. (Please note: The more participants we have the longer the scoring process will be.)

End point: Public House No. 7

6315 Leesburg Pike

Falls Church, VA 22044

(This is Seven Corners - it's across the street from Red Robin and next to the Sunoco Station)

www.publichouseno7.com

WHERE TO MEET: Passport MINI of Alexandria (It's the Meet and Greet location this month)

WHEN: Saturday, May 19 at 11am. It is in your best interest to be there on time, as that will allow you more time to find the items!

WHAT TO BRING: Full tank of gas, a navigator, a digital camera with a blank memory card (this is REQUIRED - we will not accept pictures on phones, two-way radios could be helpful but are not required.

This year is a little different - we have decided to make this a charity event. It will cost $15 per team to participate and the proceeds will go to the Wildlife Rescue League. You can pay via cash, credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or Paypal (payments@dcmetrominis.org). I have decided not to accept checks for this event.

How this will work: When you check in, you will receive a packet with the rules and the list of items/places you need to find. You will not be allowed to open this until 11am!

Though not required, a navigator would be very helpful. You can have up to 4 people on your team. It's limited to 4 for safety reasons, you don't have 5 seatbelts in your MINI. If you are not driving a MINI, you can have up to the number of seatbelts in your car.

Most of the things/places you need to find are in Northern Virginia and DC. There is no way you can find everything on the list, but it will likely be a long day of driving .

You will need to turn in your items/pictures by 4pm. We will be meeting at Public House No 7 in Falls Church - 6315 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church VA 22044. It's across the street from Red Robin and next to a Sunoco Station. We will be in the bar area, the entrance is in the back. I will be at Public House by 3:30pm should you want to return early. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Anyone is welcome to join us for the end, whether you participated in the hunt or not.

Your packet will contain a full list of the rules and detailed instructions.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Oh I can't wait... I just need to find a partner in crime. :evil:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

we're doing Elie's birthday a weekend early that day. Someone plan something for memorial day since we refuse to leave the area that weekend.

You are more than welcomed to plan something. :top: Go for it! We could use a new run for Memorial Day. Great idea!:rock:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Since everyone is getting excited, I opened up the RSVPs!

I need a few volunteers to help with the scoring at the end of the day. You can still participate in the hunt, you just can't score your own sheet. The more people we have to help (and computers) the faster it will go!

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I was speaking with some of the organizers from the Wlidlife Rescue league. They said that with baby season upon us, they can always use blankets and cloth diapers. So I thought I'd throw it out there that if you want to bring along some old blankets as an additional donation, feel free to bring them. One of the organizers has offered to transport them in her SUV.

Any kind of blanket is helpful if you want to bring them.

Also, since I used to be one of their hotline volunteers, if anyone does have a wildlife question, fire away. I'll try to address them.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm starting to work on raffle prizes. We have a $25 gift card from Firefox restaurant in Alexandria. I also hear that we have a gift certificate from a wine shop.

If anyone can help with this, I have a sponsor letter that I can send you. Approach the business that you know and ask if they would mind making a donation for the raffle or prizes. The letter has all of the tax information on it so that they can properly write it off. The more prizes we have, the better chance of success and fun for everyone.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

As I was skimming forum titles, I read something about a "Hunt to benefit Wildlife".... seemed like quite an oxymoron, then clicked it and realized what it actually was... :laugh:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I read something about a "Hunt to benefit Wildlife".... seemed like quite an oxymoron

hahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.