GreenCactus

3rd Annual DC Metro MINIs Scavenger Hunt to Benefit the Wildlife Rescue League

I do know, however, that clues like "Your MINI at Mach V" or "Frying Pan Road sign" seem like nothing but a giant trap if it is worth the same as all other clues. Some form of distance should be taken into account if you want people to try to get more of the obscure clues :p

I did a scavenger hunt in Cleveland last year. While there were different points given for certain items, a few of those high-point items (500 pts, if you showed up on a new MINI test drive with a salesperson) would have taken so much time and effort (45-minute drive one way just to get to the MINI dealer, and the salesmen were alerted ahead of time what was up) that the law of diminishing returns would quickly go into effect.

-Jim

Part of the game is to paw through the abundance of clues and determine which are the most feasible. It adds a challenge to the game.

We did different points for different clues in the past, but honestly the scoring made it so difficult that we did one point per clue this time and it really did relieve a lot of the stress and time of scoring.

That thing is hard to score because we're going backwards now and looking at your images, comparing them to the clue and validating, add multiple points and you get a massive migraine :banghead:

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I did a scavenger hunt in Cleveland last year. While there were different points given for certain items, a few of those high-point items (500 pts, if you showed up on a new MINI test drive with a salesperson) would have taken so much time and effort (45-minute drive one way just to get to the MINI dealer, and the salesmen were alerted ahead of time what was up) that the law of diminishing returns would quickly go into effect.

-Jim

I really like that idea!!

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

@Laura - if you want to see the list of items they used in Cleveland, LMK. Some were items that I as a 'tourist' would have had no clue about. Example: Take a picture of a fraction. Five/Thirds Bank is a Cleveland (or Ohio) line of banks. There's your fraction. :)