I don't find the initial Seafoam Application location the issue. It's the 'smoking gun' driving route that is tough.

Government Center turned out to be a great location for both application and expulsion when I lived in FFX.

"Excuse me, I think your car is on fire." :rofl:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

"Excuse me, I think your car is on fire." :rofl:

Oh no! Call the fire department. Preferably Firehouse #'s 3, 33 or 29. I miss my Firehouse 29 guys! :love:

:Eye Candy:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

http://www.defendersofspeed.com/defenders-of-speed-n14-seafoam-fogger-kit/

http://www.defendersofspeed.com/defenders-of-speed-n18-seafoam-fogger-kit/

Where have I been that I didn't know Clint had a one person KIT!?!?! The parties are more fun but this is nice!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

http://www.defendersofspeed.com/defenders-of-speed-n14-seafoam-fogger-kit/

http://www.defendersofspeed.com/defenders-of-speed-n18-seafoam-fogger-kit/

Where have I been that I didn't know Clint had a one person KIT!?!?! The parties are more fun but this is nice!

As much as I love the DOS stuff, I can but lots of latex gloves for that price and still do the treatment by myself. Cool idea though!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

As much as I love the DOS stuff, I can but lots of latex gloves for that price and still do the treatment by myself. Cool idea though!

I'm curious is what they say is true that with the vaporizing system it is able to clean the carbon more thoroughly then just pouring it in. Of course I'm too cheap to go buy this thing right now, but if that was true that would be a better reason to buy it then the self serve aspect.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

A better way than pouring it in but not spending the money on that system is to get Seafoam in the spray version. Slide the tube in the inlet air tubing between the inner cooler and the engine. Run the car up to around 1000 RPM and hold it there while spraying it for half the can. Then shut down, wait 10-20 min, fire it up, and run the piss out of it. However in a non-S, you can tuck it in where the intake tubing connects to the Mass air flow sensor. Also on a first gen, the engines are not direct injected, so pouring it in tank is still more effective than in 2nd gen.

Hello again all,

I know this is an old thread, and there's a lot of helpful info...but would anyone who has treated an R53 with seafoam be available to help me out this weekend? (6/7/13 - 6/9/13) I have the pourable seafoam, I got a little while ago, but I haven't gotten brave enough to wing-it myself. I'd be willing to help out others in the future after I see how it's done. I'm in the Burke/Fairfax area if that helps. My baby (2005 MCS) would be very appreciative as well!

Thanks,

Devin

Hello again all,

I know this is an old thread, and there's a lot of helpful info...but would anyone who has treated an R53 with seafoam be available to help me out this weekend? (6/7/13 - 6/9/13) I have the pourable seafoam, I got a little while ago, but I haven't gotten brave enough to wing-it myself. I'd be willing to help out others in the future after I see how it's done. I'm in the Burke/Fairfax area if that helps. My baby (2005 MCS) would be very appreciative as well!

Thanks,

Devin

I have a fairly light weekend and could help but the hard part is finding a place where can you spew a bunch of smoke. I've done it at my neighborhood if you want to come here. It works since we're pretty close to Little River Turnpike so I get the car out of the neighborhood quickly so that it's smoking on the turnpike. You wouldn't want to run through a residential neighborhood billowing smoke.

It takes about a half an hour and most of the time is just sitting and waiting

Tggrrr010.jpg

I need to sea-foam an R56 as well. I have the foam but I'm a nervous nellie about taking off the vacuum hose and getting it back on again. I don't care about smoking out my own neighborhood but I'll drive to the experienced folks to make it easier.

I need to sea-foam an R56 as well. I have the foam but I'm a nervous nellie about taking off the vacuum hose and getting it back on again. I don't care about smoking out my own neighborhood but I'll drive to the experienced folks to make it easier.

You guys can come to my house Sunday afternoon, just PM me for the address and we an figure out a time. The First gens are a little easier because the hose just pulls off, I don't have the hand strength to get the second gen hose off because it's like a twist and lock, but I can talk you through it.

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's so easy!!! It's just a small clip.

It's so easy!!! It's just a small clip.

Famous last words? Whenever I tackle something that's "just a clip" or "just a screw", I end up creating hours of work for myself :embarassed:

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

While Ebony was in the shop, I was told there were some noticeable carbon deposits. I think I am going to have Corey do it this weekend.

I have to put him to works while he is between projects on Watson.

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

Famous last words? Whenever I tackle something that's "just a clip" or "just a screw", I end up creating hours of work for myself :embarassed:

I promise, it's super duper easy. I freak out about stuff like that too sometimes. You just press the clip in. You said you're an R56, right? It's on the left cornerish area of our engine.

I do my My 04 R50 with 130k+ miles gets sea-foamed about every 6 months. I do half a can into the vacuum line and the rest into the gas tank. Let it sit for 30 mins plus then go and dog it for about 5 miles and blow everything out. My R50 will go from 33mpg to 35 mpg hwy after a good sea-foaming. I think it has a more predominate affect on the older cars than the newer.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I do my My 04 R50 with 130k+ miles gets sea-foamed about every 6 months. I do half a can into the vacuum line and the rest into the gas tank. Let it sit for 30 mins plus then go and dog it for about 5 miles and blow everything out. My R50 will go from 33mpg to 35 mpg hwy after a good sea-foaming. I think it has a more predominate affect on the older cars than the newer.

In terms of MPG, I think you are right Nick - the 2nd Gen - in general - gets better mileage so the average increase is less noticable. The 2nd gen "S" models need this more than any other version due to the amount of oil film/mist that's blown through the system at/around the turbo. The non-S cars should have almost zero problem with build up on the valves and intake tract because they dont' have that engine oil cooled/lubricated snail between the air intake and combustion chamber that likes to "piddle" oil into the system. Pouring it into the tank actually does very little for any of them except for helping clear the combustion chamber since the fuel injection point isn't a part of the air intake system.

The spray seafoam would certainly be easier to atomize and get into the system but if you pour slowly and create a small entry point over the vaccum line with a gloved finger, you get enough air velocity that it's a fine mist going into the system.

I may be ultra paranoid (Hello NSA, FBI and whoever else is watching) but I always did the seafoam treatment just before an oil change. I was always worried about organic solvents trickling past the piston rings and into the crankcase to contaminate the oil.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

My 2012 just rolled over 41K and I'm not seeing any issues related to carbon buildup on my N18 motor, but think this is on my to-do list.

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+