Come on over
Shall I obtain some Seafoam beforehand? If so, where from?

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

That's what I was thinking, mine's not quite as old, but still old enough.

I probably should join the Seafoam "after-party" too. I've never done it on my 6 1/2 year old MINI... I'm guessing it would make a difference by now. :embarassed:

Ali, I was also wondering the same thing.

Shall I obtain some Seafoam beforehand? If so, where from?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Ali, I was also wondering the same thing.
You obviously skimmed... she already answered. Honorary SOTD - Skimmer Of The Day! :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

No, I didn't skim, Ali only mentioned where it was on sale, she didn't make a specific statement that you should go buy it yourself :biggrin:

You obviously skimmed... she already answered. Honorary SOTD - Skimmer Of The Day! :tongue:

Here she did.... but this was after

Bring Seafoam, 1 can is enough

Hey, when are you planning to pick it up?

Edited by Scavenger
pose question to Edge

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

What's with the weird typing above the quotes? :stupid:

If I can get my server patching done early enough tonight, I may try to get some tonight. Otherwise, tomorrow night.

No, I didn't skim, Ali only mentioned where it was on sale, she didn't make a specific statement that you should go buy it yourself :biggrin:

Here she did.... but this was after

OY!!!! :hmmmm2:

I was replying from my phone so typing quick. I agree with Haemish, if I tell you where to get it, that means go get it

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Haemish - if you can't get any before the M&G on Saturday, text me or something and I'll bring you a can. It's the least I can do for all of your answers about tires and for giving you a hard time lately.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Actually, I made it to Advance Auto Parts tonight before they closed... so I'm all set, thanks Craig!

Folks - the sale price at AAP is $6.99 (plus tax), and the sale ends on 9/28. I ended up buying 5 of the 16oz cans, plus another can of a different Seafoam product that comes with a spray nozzle. I don't know if the other product is any good, but I figured I'd buy it to check/test it out.

I'll be bringing them all with me on Saturday. If people don't make it to the store in time, I'll gladly sell any of my extra cans for $8. I figured I'd just round up the post-tax price - consider it a small convenience charge for not having to go to the store yourself. :tongue:

Incidentally, they also sell Seafoam in gallon cans, but currently (with the sale) it's cheaper to buy 8 of the 16oz cans than 1 of the gallon (128oz) cans!

Just a thought for those interested in the post M&G at PMOA, wouldn't the parking lot across the street (Landmark Mall) be a good location for lots of space to put in the seafoam quickly and hop on the road to get the smoke out? That way Ali's neighbors wouldn't complain.

Sounds good 2 me!

Also, how often should this be done? Scoopie is 5 now and has never had it b4--is this a case of 'once u start, u have 2 continue doing it 4ever'?

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Just a thought for those interested in the post M&G at PMOA, wouldn't the parking lot across the street (Landmark Mall) be a good location for lots of space to put in the seafoam quickly and hop on the road to get the smoke out? That way Ali's neighbors wouldn't complain.

I don't think we should do this. We use the lot (as does Passport) for event parking. If we upset security, it's possible they will no longer allow us or Passport to use the lot. I don't think that's a risk we should take.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

the mall cops would freak out there, I hate dealing with mall cops.

I am thinking if we get more then a few cars we can head to a section of the parking lot that is not near houses. It's only a half a block from my house. So we can back all the MINIs in there, add the Seafoam and let it sit 20 - 30 mins then all fly out to the Little River Tpk and have a little smoking motorcade

Tggrrr010.jpg

That was fun today. One of my neighbors was amused at all the MINIs and didn't even notice us revving our engines or the smoke (mostly from one car). I swear if we had a bunch of muscle cars someone might have complained, but MINIs, who could be causing trouble in little innocent MINIs.

No complaints!

We didn't get a massive amount of smoke, not sure why they smoke sometimes and not others.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think everyone was smiling much more after the Seafoam party and then when we made the stop at Tropical smoothie afterward, there was improvement EVERYWHERE!

I think B.A. got a little of his pep back!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

I just had fun hangin' out w/every1, 4 the most part. Scoopie didn't really seem any different, considering she just had her Insp II done about 2 wks ago, and she's been purrin' ever since! :biggrin:

Audrey if you monitor your gas mileage, see if it jumped at all. Tigger's always gets a bit better right after Seafoam

Tggrrr010.jpg

Shoot--I didn't see this thread until now... :banghead: :banghead: Would have been interested in trying it out. But don't you need to change the oil before (or after?) the Seafoam treatment?

Also is this something that would be useful with a new MINI (no, I haven't placed the order.....yet ;) )? Or best for older MINIs?

Shoot--I didn't see this thread until now... :banghead: :banghead: Would have been interested in trying it out. But don't you need to change the oil before (or after?) the Seafoam treatment?

Also is this something that would be useful with a new MINI (no, I haven't placed the order.....yet ;) )? Or best for older MINIs?

We did not do the Seafoam into the crankcase, we did it in the PVC valve so we didn't need to change the oil.

I'm leaving the other question for Craig

Tggrrr010.jpg

I know that not everyone agrees with me on this aspect of seafoam treatments but as you mentioned, I actually plan my seafoam treatments to coincide with oil changes. I don't like the idea of putting solvents into the engine where they are bound to mix with the oil and then leaving the oil contaminated.

As far as a new car? The newest MINI can start having carbon build up within it's first year. I think a lot of Quitta's problems with the Blur can be attributed to the carbon build up and MINI USA's refusal to admit that there is an issue. I don't think it would be a bad idea to establish a routine of doing a seafoam treatment with every oil change. By the way, I don't follow the dealer's recommended oil change interval. I do one change between the dealer's changes so I end up doing changes at about 5,000 miles or so. More often if there's been more hard driving.

Edited by cmcveay