GreenCactus

Was it you???

There's a new HO parking in my garage. It's on a different level so I walked my butt up there and tagged it this morning. Like Tigger's little sibling. I hope they can be friends :biggrin:

Grrrrrr- The parking garage guys removed my card after I left. It wasn't on the car as I left and it hadn't moved.

However!!! As I drove home I heard some truck beep at me. I of course get annoyed thinking he's just another DC *********, when I hear "Tigger!!!!"

I look over and there's Garth driving the truck. We chatted at some lights and waved. It's always fun to see a club member in the wild!!! :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

i was on FB and i saw a video from mach v and i saw the club sticker in the back window

is this your orazor?

Yeah - that was me! Everyone head to the Mach V Facebook page to watch my dyno run!

(Incidentally, you can find TGGRRR's run, which was considerably higher than mine, as a link off of the video.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

Motored on 66W and 495S for a little bit tonight with a 2002-2004 EB/W JCW MCS... once it eventually moved over and I passed it, I tried to give a :top: but it was dark and I'm not sure the other driver saw me.

Pre-05 JCWs are not very common, so it was cool to see one in the wild! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I was looking out my office window Tuesday morning :smile: and I heard this INCREDIBLE ROOOAAAARRRRRRR on the street. I looked out and there was TGGRRR hunched back waiting for the light to turn green so he could spring into action :motor:...........:rock::rock::rock::rock:

:party::party:

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

I was looking out my office window Tuesday morning :smile: and I heard this INCREDIBLE ROOOAAAARRRRRRR on the street. I looked out and there was TGGRRR hunched back waiting for the light to turn green so he could spring into action :motor:...........:rock::rock::rock::rock:

:party::party:

Oh yeah baby!!!!

That was my Tigger and his mighty roarrrrrrrr

:thrasher:

Tggrrr010.jpg

I was on 123 last night, near Mclean and I noticed a Sparkling Silver MINI going the opposite direction. It also had numbers (I still have my autocross numbers on) and they were they same as me!!

So, does anyone know who drives a Sparkling Silver with a "56" on the door?

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Ran into a club member named Dan who worked at Petco. He saw my keys at the cash register and proceeded to show me his keys while stating "go MINIs!". I asked if his was the chili red parked out front because Lola was parked next to his... naturally.

Signature.JPG

Ran into a club member named Dan who worked at Petco. He saw my keys at the cash register and proceeded to show me his keys while stating "go MINIs!". I asked if his was the chili red parked out front because Lola was parked next to his... naturally.

What fun!!! :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

POOP, I can't remember the plate, I think it was RAB 67 or something, we had a honk, and a wave going down towards FFX Blvd. Always nice to see members out in the wild!

Rab is awesome!!!!

I drove home today and saw like 4 MINIs, not a single wave and I tried too

yoo hoooo :wavey: Yo MINI driver :wavey: Right here, just a little friendly wave :itsme:

I got nothing :banghead:

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think im addicted to the........ Miniiiii Waveeee!!!!!!!!!! lol

AWESOME!!

Rab is awesome!!!!

yoo hoooo :wavey: Yo MINI driver :wavey: Right here, just a little friendly wave :itsme:

some days, that drives me frickin' crazy, lol!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Man back in Kansas EEEEveryone in a mini would wave (then again, most anyone in any car would wave back) but not a thing here. :(

Rab is awesome!!!!

Edited by elpollodiablo

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man back in Kansas EEEEveryone in a mini would wave (then again, most anyone in any care would wave back) but not a thing here. :(

Oh, it is a thing here... or at least, it USED to be a thing here for the first 4 or 5 years that MINIs were around (2002 through 2005/2006). After that, MINIs started to take off as more of a mass market vehicle in the DC area, and the wave percentage started to drop. DC is full of them now - with 5 dealerships within driving distance of DC (if you count Annapolis & Baltimore), there's just so many of them here now.

Still, some of us still try, with occasional success. :itsme:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

If I see a MINI, I will wave. Downside is sometimes when I am driving I am off in my own little world and don't catch another MINI till it's too late.

I have gotten some interesting looks before they drive by though, and I like to think that I am spreading the wave, and that even if they don't wave at me, they might wave at the next MINI and pass it along.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

POOP, I can't remember the plate, I think it was RAB 67 or something, we had a honk, and a wave going down towards FFX Blvd. Always nice to see members out in the wild!

Was it a Coupe or a Pepper White S? If it was a Coupe, it was Rab. If it was a PW, it was JAB67. :biggrin:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Lets see...On the way home from dinner Saw

A White w/ black stripes w/ 2 occupants

A Nice Red w/ White Stripes and I kid you not 5 ppl in it

and

A nice Blue one with the license plate MINIPETE

All of these were withing about 2 miles

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Lets see...On the way home from dinner Saw

A White w/ black stripes w/ 2 occupants

A Nice Red w/ White Stripes and I kid you not 5 ppl in it

and

A nice Blue one with the license plate MINIPETE

All of these were withing about 2 miles

Five people???!!! There's only 4 seat belts :hmmmm:

Did anyone wave? :wavey:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Five people???!!! There's only 4 seat belts :hmmmm:

I once gave a ride to 5 women at the same time, in my MINI. It was a relatively short distance in downtown DC until we dropped one or two of them off... but it was fun!

• Two women in the front passenger seat (one on the other's lap)

• Three women in the back, with the one in the middle leaning forward and squeezing between the legs of the other two

Yep - 6 people in my R53. It was hilarious, but I probably wouldn't do it again... I'm thankful that DC police aren't usually too attentive or strict! :embarassed:

Pretty sure I saw Merlin tonight at the movie theater across from GMU. We were eating at the Thai place. I messaged Craig about it - hope it was him :tongue:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com