GreenCactus

Was it you???

So, I stop by Popeye's 4 lunch, and notice a Senate Insurance-branded 1st Gen MINI. Of course, I got a DCMM card 4 branding & notice a tall, dark, handsome guy checkin' Scoopie out, but head on over 2 tag the MINI. 2 my surprise, TD&H guy heads 4 the same MINI! I introduce myself & hand him the card, along w/a 10-second brief about the club & that he should check us out online. He seemed interested & a little excited that there's a local MINI club; his name's Reggie & I hope he visits soon! :biggrin:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

So, I stop by Popeye's 4 lunch, and notice a Senate Insurance-branded 1st Gen MINI. Of course, I got a DCMM card 4 branding & notice a tall, dark, handsome guy checkin' Scoopie out, but head on over 2 tag the MINI. 2 my surprise, TD&H guy heads 4 the same MINI! I introduce myself & hand him the card, along w/a 10-second brief about the club & that he should check us out online. He seemed interested & a little excited that there's a local MINI club; his name's Reggie & I hope he visits soon! :biggrin:

TD&H :top:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I hate to do this but...:embarassed:

BRG II MCS going Eastbound on 267/66. Flying like a bat out of :evil:'s place! Non vanity VA plates but I saw the Passport plate holder.

I saw you coming and was hoping you would chill out as traffic got heavier. I would have waved but I am sure you wouldn't have seen it anyways.:frown:

I hope you got to wherever you were going, safely! :itsme:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I had a good waving day

First I was driving along down 95 South and I hear a horn toot, it was a little black cabrio with the top down, he waved a nice big cabrio wave (Us cabrio people shove our hands way up and wave high) :itsme:

Then I exited and was driving through Bristol and I saw a pepper white coming in the other direction. I gave him a big wave and he flashed the peace sign. :wavey:

It was a happy drive :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Today was easily, by a LONG shot, the MOST MINI's I had ever seen out and about, AND. . . The MOST waves I have EVER gotten back!

Have a best friend in town, haven't seen in years, took on the nickle&dime tour of NOVA/DC today, saw SO many MINIS it was kinda silly, and I got a total of 11 waves!

I don't know who any of them were, but hell, I can go a month and be surprised to get a single wave, so today was just awesome!lol.

Stopped in falls Church at Ba Lee for some Banh Mi, and talked to a MINI owner, Chen, gave a card and hope that he will come over to say hi. Had a great looking first gen, with an awesome stance(god I want to go a little lower), and was a really enthusiastic MINI owner.

VIVA LA MINI WAVE!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

With the great weather I made the excuse of not doing my household chores and burning half a tank of gas (after I washed my buggy just to get road dust & grime on it again :))

I went by to pick up a friend who was also willing to procrastinate and ride shotgun (her new hardtop pictured behind my buggy) and we rode out to Brandywine Auto to window shop/scavenger hunt for any Cooper parts we may come across.

At the end of the day we did late lunch/early dinner at the Carraba's near the Bowie Baysox stadium and I made the comment how we saw not a single MINI on that side of town to wave hi to. We both agreed that MINIs are in over abundance NOVA, seen more parked than moving in DC, and also seen in Montgomery County (but seldom with happy drivers waving back).

Any op on the above?

Live_small.JPG.0cb40f3edff0b8bcbc37f961a37ee37c.JPG

Live_small.JPG.0cb40f3edff0b8bcbc37f961a37ee37c.JPG

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

We both agreed that MINIs are in over abundance NOVA, seen more parked than moving in DC, and also seen in Montgomery County (but seldom with happy drivers waving back).

We spent all day yesterday house shopping from everywhere between Manassas to Sterling to Warrenton to Leesburg to Berryville and we saw our fair share of MINI's on the road bu we saw the most Countryman style that ive ever saw in a 10 minute window going from 66 up 15 to Leesburg..It must have been 15-20 MINI's with 10 of them being CM's.. Also Burned a whole tank of gas hunting but we got to meet our first official DCMM member yesterday.....HI LOLA!!!!!:tongue:

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I spent another day playing hooky and I saw a few MINIs around town. Hi-beamed a couple on the opposite side and got waves and flashed back in reply.

But the one I could actually get close-up and personal on treated me like my name was Casper. I pulled up on his left side and honked. No response. I pulled up behind him and hi-beamed and waved. No response. I pulled up on he right side and honked. No response.

Oh well...I'm enjoying my motoring :top:

left.jpg.3d3f37430d778ff86d6c65a8080d8c6c.jpg

center.jpg.93d01fddc0c2dccd631b9e07ec192570.jpg

right.jpg.8c3dc65a895598455921f34ffd6023d3.jpg

left.jpg.3d3f37430d778ff86d6c65a8080d8c6c.jpg

center.jpg.93d01fddc0c2dccd631b9e07ec192570.jpg

right.jpg.8c3dc65a895598455921f34ffd6023d3.jpg

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I spent another day playing hooky and I saw a few MINIs around town. Hi-beamed a couple on the opposite side and got waves and flashed back in reply.

But the one I could actually get close-up and personal on treated me like my name was Casper. I pulled up on his left side and honked. No response. I pulled up behind him and hi-beamed and waved. No response. I pulled up on he right side and honked. No response.

Oh well...I'm enjoying my motoring :top:

Some people just don't get it. I get ignored a lot too

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

While I was at lunch I came across in the parking lot a very nice Green w/ white stripes "S" so I admired it for a few and tagged it..then went and got lunch.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Just an FYI, I am tooling around Vienna today running errands, but doing it in the wife's Escape due to having to take the dog. Which means she got the POD to go to work.

So if you see a Crazy guy in a black escape waving at MINIs, pay no mind. :stupid:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Also, meant to post this yesterday...

This GP is in an office parking lot near my work.

e676b82e9f8e11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

He has a MINIs of Carolinias sticker, but VA plates.

Any clue?

Steve "Wizzer" P.

I noticed that it has the move expensive tow hook inserted. Does that come with the GPs? I know that is over $100 aftermarket.
Nope - the R53 GP came with the same OEM tow hook as the rest of us. That GP owner probably just bought one in the aftermarket.

Or... that could just be a tow hook license plate mount.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Did anyone notice the other offensive act taken? The driver/owner replaced the OEM mirror cap with a union jack. I'm sorry but if I'm going to own a special edition like that, I'm not going to change things like that....

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Did anyone notice the other offensive act taken? The driver/owner replaced the OEM mirror cap with a union jack. I'm sorry but if I'm going to own a special edition like that, I'm not going to change things like that....
I agree, and I wouldn't have done that... but MINI does offer that Union Jack mirror cap themselves, so technically it's probably still an OEM part. I agree that it takes away from the overall classic look of the GP though. If I had a GP, I'd have been much less likely to do anything to it (mind you, some people have teased me that I have almost made my own GP by now. Hah! Not quite - too heavy).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Have you tagged this ride?

That is a sweet GP, and I like the GP without the side stickers on the new GP2.

I noticed that it has the move expensive tow hook inserted. Does that come with the GPs? I know that is over $100 aftermarket.

Yes, I did Tag him. Too bad there isn't some GP database where you could look up the number and see who owns it (:

Steve "Wizzer" P.