GreenCactus

Was it you???

One was a blue R56 with a white roof with a Union Jack and the tag was "R56". I walked over to put a card on it and it already a DCMM Cling!

That was me! I did see about 3 or 4 others in the lot, seeing a MINI around there happens every 30 seconds not matter what day or time.

Edge - Yes, the one by MoS. I did not realize Wegmans was worth the drive form DC.

I drove Wensley to work for the first time in weeks on Monday, got a wave from a lady in a PW/B R56 MCS on the way home :) I think I have put on just about 300 miles since the start of 2009.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There are 200 hour pilots who fly like they have 2000 hours and there are 2000 hour pilots who fly like they have 200..."

Wensleydale - A cheezy yet sophisticated little lady

Did everyone see the announcement posted a few days ago about the business cards? They had been dormant for a little while as we transitioned from our old website to the new forums, but they're back online again. So, in addition to waving, if you happen to get up close and personal enough, you can have a card ready to hand out. If you don't see an owner, a common method of tagging is to stick the card on their MINI. You can slide the corner of the card under the window molding of the driver's door or put it under the windshield wiper, although the molding is the preferred location. However you distribute the cards, it helps to get the word out about DCMM so other MINI owners can join in the fun. Have fun and Happy Motoring:)

(Click here for direct link)

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Did everyone see the announcement posted a few days ago about the business cards? They had been dormant for a little while as we transitioned from our old website to the new forums, but they're back online again. So, in addition to waving, if you happen to get up close and personal enough, you can have a card ready to hand out. If you don't see an owner, a common method of tagging is to stick the card on their MINI. You can slide the corner of the card under the window molding of the driver's door or put it under the windshield wiper, although the molding is the preferred location. However you distribute the cards, it helps to get the word out about DCMM so other MINI owners can join in the fun. Have fun and Happy Motoring:)

(Click here for direct link)

Maybe we can start a "Have you been tagged ?" Thread ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spotted GP 434 today at MoS; sorry to see what happened to your front bumper.

'03 JB MCS- SOLD: JCW front bumper, intake, exhaust, brakes, CF dash, 15% pulley, Multifunction Steering Wheel retrofit, Euro white taillights, Factory Driving Lights, Wyvern Motorsports Rear Seat Delete, and more....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yesterday, Fairfax County Parkway, Northbound approaching the Dulles Toll road, pre 2004 MCS (R53) IB/W "Amoeba" VA tags. Gave the wave, received the wave. Good day to you sir and I certainly cannot complain about your color choice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw 7 MINI's in the Wegman's parking lot on Sunday. One was a blue R56 with a white roof with a Union Jack and the tag was "R56". I walked over to put a card on it and it already a DCMM Cling!

Inside the store I saw two other members - Jade and Pete (but not their MINI!). I had no idea Wegman's was a such a hang out for MINI's on a Sunday. :)

That lightning blue MINI with white roof is Marcus Neeley - he works at MoS. :-) He'll appreciate that you saw his MINI. :star:But looks like he's already said so in here. Silly me.

Edited by Krut
Marcus already posted that he'd been spotted.

Hi,

For the last week or so, I keep seeing a fellow DCMMer's MINI at my company, a major consulting company. This MINI is a dark grey MCS with black 'viper' stripes (I think) and customized scoop, and usually park in a corner of the parking garage (today the car's parked in the NE corner of the parking garage, on P4). How do I know the car owner is a fellow DCMM member? Easy--grill badge holder proudly showing the DCMM badge! :top: The MINI in question has MD license plates that starts with "MCC" and few other stickers on the side window. Today Dora (dark green with gold stripes) is parked about a car away, only because some meanie took the space next to the MINI. :( Obviously she'd like to spend the workday with a fellow MINI, rather than be all by herself among strangers.... :bored:

PM me if that was you. :wavey:

I saw a red with black parked on tammel road on my was home. I live a couple of blocks away.

Jason

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wensleydale passed Maxicooper on Rt29 this afternoon, Chris appeared pre-occupied motoring with all that northbound traffic :motor: So I doubt he saw us zing by heading south.

We were heading home from a nice walk around Ellicott City

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There are 200 hour pilots who fly like they have 2000 hours and there are 2000 hour pilots who fly like they have 200..."

Wensleydale - A cheezy yet sophisticated little lady