GreenCactus

Was it you???

For some reason, I've gotten more waves this month then I have in the year Ive owned the car. Maybe its the new stripes. I've noticed that with the economy and gas prices, more and more people are buying Mini's because they have good MPG a high resale and are relatively cheap. One of my coworkers has one and didn't even realize they had an S model....:hahaha:

I usually wave if I see that the Mini is modified, clean or I can tell the driver is an enthusiast. Other then that they never notice or give me the bird as a reaction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had a quite a few waves recently, compared to how many I normally get.

Other then that they never notice or give me the bird as a reaction.

I've had people look at me like I'm crazy, but I've never had anyone give me the bird! Why would someone do that? :stupid:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

got a nice wave today from a CR/W with white bonnet stripes and number decals on sides on York Rd in Hunt Valley this afternoon around 5pm

Then passed another CR/B with black bonnet stripes on shawan rd 2 seconds later- no wave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a wave from a CR/W with white bonnet stripes and a big number on the side. They were southbound on Rock Creek Parkway and I was Northbound.

I think I saw Got MINI? (Lisa) on Route 1 near Crystal City earlier this afternoon. I waved as I was going past (she was making a right turn), but didn't see if she saw me.

I got a wave from a CR/W with white bonnet stripes and a big number on the side. They were southbound on Rock Creek Parkway and I was Northbound.

i wonder if it was the same guy i saw?? did he have chrome side mirrors?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that's christina

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw a bunch of MINIs today.

28th & Q - Silver/Black Checkmate with bonnet stripes

Mass Ave and Florida - Hot Orange Cabrio

20th and Columbia - BRG/White with Vermont tags (and a tow hook license plate mount!)

I didn't wave because I was in a cab. :biggrin:

Got a wave (and returned a wave) from Mr. EZ this afternoon on the beltway. I was driving a MINI at the time, but not mine.

(Had to deliver a car for work)

'03 JB MCS- SOLD: JCW front bumper, intake, exhaust, brakes, CF dash, 15% pulley, Multifunction Steering Wheel retrofit, Euro white taillights, Factory Driving Lights, Wyvern Motorsports Rear Seat Delete, and more....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I keep waving, no one waves back, kind of dis heartening... Being a Jeep™ driver also, I am good at the sudden 'oh look another mini' *wave* thing. my mini is sleeper ish, no stripes, roof and body match, but the ALL chili red cooper in the Springfield area being driven by the heavily tattooed Asian guy.. well that's ME :) *virtual waves*

I keep waving, no one waves back, kind of dis heartening... Being a Jeep™ driver also, I am good at the sudden "oh look another mini, " thing. my mini is sleeper ish, no stripes, roof and body match, but the ALL chili red cooper in the Springfield area being driven by the heavily tattooed Asian guy.. well that's ME :)

Don't worry, you'll get some wave backs and in the meantime, maybe you'll educate some other Mini drivers :) I'll keep an eye out when I'm down around Springfield, and if you are up in the Shirlington area keep your eye out for a Laser blue w/ white roof & white wheels... giving you a description of me wouldn't help though. I'm not distinguishable ;)

Personally it seems like I get more waves when I'm just cruising down the GW parkway on a nice day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't worry, you'll get some wave backs and in the meantime, maybe you'll educate some other Mini drivers :) I'll keep an eye out when I'm down around Springfield, and if you are up in the Shirlington area keep your eye out for a Laser blue w/ white roof & white wheels... giving you a description of me wouldn't help though. I'm not distinguishable ;)

Personally it seems like I get more waves when I'm just cruising down the GW parkway on a nice day.

Do you have any other marking on your car like a badge or stickers or something? We frequent the same roads...

I keep waving, no one waves back, kind of dis heartening... Being a Jeep™ driver also, I am good at the sudden 'oh look another mini' *wave* thing. my mini is sleeper ish, no stripes, roof and body match, but the ALL chili red cooper in the Springfield area being driven by the heavily tattooed Asian guy.. well that's ME :) *virtual waves*

I work in springfield...maybe I'll see you sometime :)