GreenCactus

Was it you???

I've gotten 3 waves in less than 24 hours!

The first was from a BRG/silver clubman in Alexandria. The second was a BRG/black as I was getting on Rock Creek near the Watergate. This morning, a dark silver/white in Pentagon City retuned my wave!

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I am living a vicarious joy through the waves you have received

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

I did see Craig yesterday and didn't see him wave, well of course he had and so had Lona. But to be safe I called him and said "Did you wave?" He went into full detail describing the quality of both of their waves. He knew if he missed me and didn't wave, I'd have been up here in a heart beat issuing a non waving violation.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I saw a crazy lady in an orange drop top MCS and she was waving with both hands! About a week before, we saw her and she was talking on the phone with one hand and waving like crazy with the other and you won't believe this but she was TOPLESS! Okay, the car was topless - she had clothes on but.....

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

OK not only did I have my first tag today but it was a horizon blue Clubman. It has nice silver stripes and was in the Costco parking lot in Chantilly.

It was funny the people I went to lunch with not only pointed it out as soon as we rounded the bend but understood that I wanted to park next to it even though we had to walk a little further.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2010 MCS HzB/HzB|Alexandra "Alex"|Auto|Carbon Punch Leather|Cold Weather|Premium|16in alloy bridge spoke|USB/iPod|Sirius|Center Armrest|Auto A/C| Born 11/01/09 - Motoring 5/21/10

(Sold) 2002 BMW 330xi Black|102K miles|Bilstein HD Struts|H & R Sport Springs|Cold Weather|Premium|Xenon (Sold) 1999 BMW M3 Triple Black Convertible|Manual|100K Miles|Projector36 by Umnitza Ellipsoids + Predator 6000K Xenon

Non MINI people don't always get us, but they do seem to understand that we are a little bit more "involved" with our cars then the regular person.

This morning I drove a co-worker to work and first thing she asked was "Why do you love this car so much"

I then went on for the next 15 mins about how wonderful it was while zipping in and out of traffic and showing her how quick and nimble it is. I think she may have been sorry she asked.

On the way home I was waving at MINI's (no waves back) she was asking "What are you doing?" I explained, then she was actually properly mortified that they didn't wave back. :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg

i always wave--or usually throw a peace sign..not much response here in southern md..perhaps they dont "get it" yet???..tagged a 2010 red drop-top at the pr. fred. walmart lot--nice MINI (but then i havent met one i didnt like : ).

Today we were doing a test run for the MINIs rally against melanoma run. I asked two friends to drive the run and test out our directions. I had a hard time finding two people to do it, so I had to offer to let them take Tigger and we drove behind them in Mark's Acura.

We gave them a walkie talkie

As we're doing the route I saw a MINI come by and wave at them I, got on the walkie talkie right away "Did you wave?"

They replied yes but later confessed that they didn't. Right after they saw a Clubman and did wave and he didn't wave back. Now they understand...

Mark and I were also driving down Rock Creek Parkway in his car and spied a BRG, with white top and DC plates. I later confirmed that it was indeed Cricket. I didn't wave since we were in the Acura. It killed me to see Cricket in the wild and know she wouldn't recognize me

:wavey:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Wish I had my mini to wave in. It's been at the dealer since Wednesday and now I'm seeing minis everywhere.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stopped at the corner of Little River Turnpike and Braddock road this evening. A guy in a red Clubbie made the turn and when he saw us, Lona thought we must have known each other! He got a huge grin and started waving like crazy!

Pulled up to a 1st gen S w/ temp tags and H&R stickers on the back and sides. He waved first, then us. Stopped next to him at a light and gave him a card :rock:

Also tagged a red 1st gen S with black rims, parked in front of Ted's in Sterling.

I got two waves today. One from a Pepper white that was in front of me on the ramp from the highway to L'Enfant. I waved and they waved back through the mirror.

Then in my neighborhood I saw a silver with fat black stripes waved.

I used my last card on a new Chili red JCW with the aero kit, that lives in my hood. I even added a little personal note.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

Tagged two MINI's at Whole Foods. The first was parked next to us - a CR/B Cooper S with "MINI MYZ" plates. The other was a MY 1st Gen and here's a picture. Love the plates on it!

Hi all, prospective member here.

Was on I-95 between DC and Baltimore on I95 Thursday evening, driving my black 2005 Cooper S. Saw a blur go by me (and I was certainly moving at a good pace), and it was a yellow Cooper S, with the license plate "R56"...

Was it one of you guys?

Partnered up with an Indi (?) blue R50, w/ plate "funsiz", on the beltway and then onto route 4 last night. Received a greeting and goodbye wave.

Saw a BRG R56, plate "MO", with a checkered roof and mirror caps at route 2 and 214 in Edgewater this morning. Unfortunately in the wife's subaru today, so may have looked a little strange to start waving at him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

06 R50, BRG/W, OMP Upper Strut Bar, AFE CAI, Megan CatBack, AC Boot and Bonnet stripes, Angled Side stripes, window tint, Alta 19mm Rear Sway, Konig Feathers with 205/50/15 Yokahama S-Drives, VIP Customs quad light bar with 4 hella 500's, and TSW Upper motor mount.