smoke789

DC Metro MINIs 5th Annual MINIs Take the Beltway!

On the run last year a few of us called WTOP (103.5 FM) to let them know of our progress around the Beltway. They were really great and made at least 4 or 5 progress reports during their traffic reports on the :08s to announce the looonng line of MINIs rounding the Beltway.

All Verizon and AT&T users need to do is to dial #1035 on their cell phones, usually the traffic team picks up the phone. The first caller needs to explain the event and the direction the line will be taking (395 South to the Beltway - Inner Loop towards Tysons Corner, that is the clockwise loop) and then follow on callers should tell them a landmark or exit number you just passed or will be approaching. WTOP was trying to follow us on the TrafficLand cameras last year.

REMEMBER... hands free in Maryland now. It is now a primary offense to be using a cell while driving.

I only wish that I could make it this year. :frown:

Bert, Thank you for the speed dial number. I hope we can catch the updates from WTOP on a recording this year. It'll be a nice touch if someone makes a video.

Hey Lona

I can definitely do registration, and might be able to be a run leader, Marine wife, does that count? As long as I am not the leading car as I have only done this once before. Just got word that Corey will not be out of town till the following day but I don't think he would want to lead in Watson.

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

So the Navy comes around AFTER the Coast Guard has stepped in... :tongue:

No, the NAVY was allowing someone else a chance to take the lead since she has helped out in previous years. :top:

I am honored to follow my Brethren/Sisters in Blue. :beer:

For great leaders to exist there must be devoted followers. :captain:

:highfive:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Here's the updated list of volunteers. If I missed anyone, please let me know. I received a ton of PMs this week and I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Run Leader #1 - Sara (omgMINI) - Coast Guard represents!

Run Leader #2 - Chaquitta (FAST 060) - Ahoy Navy!

Run Leader #3 - Brandy (Brandy_Brown) - Semper Fi!

Sweeper - Greg (gtrnka) - Hooah Army!

Registration -

-- Lona (smoke789)

-- Michael (mbiedzinski)

-- Craig (SneakyBaron)

-- Will (LostDenverite)

-- Corey (1975_mini)

Photographers -

-- Chris M. (minime331)

-- Michael (mbabischkin)

--

--

Raffle Sales

-- Catalina (LOLAMini)

-- Lawry (DragonsMate)

Restaurant Set-up

-- Laura (Green Cactus)

-- Lona (smoke789)

-- Kevin (volunteered by mbiedzinski)

Communications Coordinator

-- Craig (cmcveay)

Edited by smoke789

Once again we will be offering shirts. picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=615

The shirts are light blue and available in the style/size options below. Please note that the sponsors of MTTB will be listed on the back of the shirt. I don't have a graphic of that as the list is not yet finalized.

• Mens short sleeve crew neck... $14.50 (S-XL)... $16.50 (XXL)... $17.50 (XXXL)
  • Mens long sleeve t-shirt... $19.50 (S-XL)... $21.50 (XXL)... $22.50 (XXXL)
  • Ladies Crewneck short sleeve t-shirt...$14.50 (S-XL)... $16.50 (XXL)... $17.50 (XXXL)
  • Ladies Crewneck long sleeve t-shirt... $19.50 (S-XL)... $21.50 (XXL)... $22.50 (XXXL)
  • Ladies V-Neck Tee... $19.00 (S-XL)... $21.00 (XXL)
  • Pullover Hoodie (Unisex)... $27.50 (S-XL)... $29.50 (XXL)... $30.50 (XXXL)
  • Zippered Hoodie (Unisex)... $35.00 (S-XL)... $37.00 (XXL)... $38.00 (XXXL)

How to order:

Send me (GreenCactus) a PM with the following information:

• Subject line of PM should be: MTTB 2013 Shirt Order
  • Color, style and size
  • Email address to send Paypal invoice to

Deadline: Orders and payment must be received by October 18, 2013. No shirts will be available for purchase at the event.

Payment: You will receive a Paypal invoice for your order. Please double check to make sure your order is correct. You are not required to pay via Paypal, but you need to let me know. Also, you don't need to have a Paypal account to pay the invoice. You MUST pre-pay for your shirt(s) by October 18, 2013.

Pickup: Shirts will be available for pickup at the event.

As always, there is a minimum order of 24 shirts. If we do not reach the minimum, everyone's payments will be refunded.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I really love the color, it's different then my other club shirts!
You mean because it's not orange? :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Sweet Shirts ordered (via PM) :rock:

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+