smoke789

DC Metro MINIs 5th Annual MINIs Take the Beltway!

I'm talking to MC2 about getting MTTB5 in issue #48 that comes out in February. Barry, the MC2 Editor said we can have 2 pages of the magazine.

People who took photos... can you look through them and send me your best 5? I need to submit up to 15 photos for the magazine to select from. Note... by sending me your photos, you'll be giving me permission to send them to MC2 to be published. I can't guarantee that any or all pictures will make the magazine.

I'll need the highest quality you can send me. :) And use your last name in the photo title so we can track which ones are submitted so that person gets credit.

Send to: lona.mcveay@gmail.com

Thank you!

How soon do you need the photos? I took a bunch and would love to contribute.

So I was standing in the SecDef's office today and he turns to me and goes

"hey Erin, were you on the Beltway on Sunday with all those MINIs? You raised money for Veterans right? I heard you guys on the radio."

Me: "Yes Sir I was, we raised over two thousand dollars"

Hahaha, I was so caught off guard. Everyone knows about my MINI obsession, and how awesome is it that he heard about MINIs take the Beltway!!!!

:top::wavey:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"hey Erin, were you on the Beltway on Sunday with all those MINIs? You raised money for Veterans right? I heard you guys on the radio."

Hahaha, I was so caught off guard. Everyone knows about my MINI obsession, and how awesome is it that he heard about MINIs take the Beltway!!!!

That really is awesome!!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

That is incredible! Soooo Cooooool!!!!

Still time to donate!

On another note, I've lost / misplaced two t-shirts from the event. :frown: We'd ordered 2 shirts to give to the ladies who run 'Operation Second Chance.' They are ladies size medium and size large. They were in the same bag. I could have misplaced them at the dealership or the restaurant. Has anyone seen them, or discovered they arrived home with extra shirts? Please let me know.

We did it! We broke that $2000 threshold! Thank you to those last contributors who helped push that number up!

Today I put $2017 in the mail to Operation Second Chance.

We had 77 cars in the Sears parking lot; 76 made the drive. (Chris remained behind to take departure photos.)

Edited by smoke789

We did it! We broke that $2000 threshold! Thank you to those last contributors who helped push that number up!

We had 77 cars in the Sears parking lot; 76 made the drive. (Chris remained behind to take departure photos.)

Thanks to everyone that made this happen

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yay, great news! It was fun for us MINI owners and we got the chance to give back to those who've done so much for us and our country.

My thanks to all who put so much effort into making this an enjoyable and profitable charity event. I look forward to next year's Beltway run.

Lawry

Buckle in & hold on....