smoke789

DC Metro MINIs 5th Annual MINIs Take the Beltway!

DC Metro MINIs 5th Annual MINIs Take the Beltway!

~~ This is our annual run around the beltway to honor our Nation's Veterans ~~

8:00 – Registration at Passport MINI of Alexandria

Passport MINI of Alexandria

5990 Duke St

Alexandria, VA 22304-3212

8:00 – Rally the MINIs!

Landmark Mall / Sears parking lot – across the street from Passport MINI

8:45 – Driver’s Meeting

Landmark Mall / Sears parking lot – across the street from Passport MINI

9:00 – Departure

HWY 395S to 495 followed by one clockwise loop around the beltway.

Exit at Braddock Rd.

11:00 – Kilroy’s Restaurant – *there is a separate calendar event for lunch RSVPs

Ravensworth Shopping Center

5250-A Port Royal Rd

Springfield, VA 22151

Donations will benefit: Operation Second Chance – Helping Heroes Move On

http://www.operationsecondchance.org/

Operation Second Chance is a local charity committed to the wounded, injured and ill combat veterans, and their families while they recover in military hospitals.

Suggested donation is $10 per MINI.

RSVPs will close on 6 Nov 2013.

I'm confused - are we meeting at Passport or at Landmark Mall?

Is it register at Passport then crossover to the mall?

You can park at either location to register. But all cars must be staged at Landmark before departure. Some people park at the mall and walk across Duke St to register at Passport. Some people park at Passport to register, then drive over to Landmark. It's completely up to the individual.

Everyone who participated in this event last year or in previous years ~ If you still have your window flag, please bring it to this event.

We may have a sponsor for flags, but it's around $400 to purchase 100 flags. So if you still have your flag around, please bring it. :)

I can't make the event but I would like to donate. When you have a chance can you post the details on how I can make a donation?

I am so glad you asked!

How to make donations:

Options:

#1 – payments@dcmetrominis.org - You can make donations toward DCMM and after the event, DCMM will submit one check to the charity with everyone's donations.

#2 – A credit card reader will be available at registration prior to the drive and again at the restaurant following the drive.

#3 – Check donations – Make checks out to Operation Second Chance (best option for tax benefits). Checks will be collected before/after the event and will be mailed to the charity in the same envelope. If you want to write your check earlier, just give it to any board member.

#4 – Give your donation (cash or check) to any board member. Cash will be deposited into the DCMM account and a final check will be written to the charity after the event.

Donation suggestion: $10

Will there be shirts this year?:rock:

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

Everyone who participated in this event last year or in previous years ~ If you still have your window flag, please bring it to this event.

We may have a sponsor for flags, but it's around $400 to purchase 100 flags. So if you still have your flag around, please bring it. :)

This is my first DCMM Beltway run so, I don't have a flag in my car window. Should I bring the big one from the front of the house? :elephant:

Seriously, how much to get the window flag? Thanks!

Lawry

Buckle in & hold on....

Any chance of T-shirts this year?

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

Yep, we'll have T-shirts this year. There should be something posted in the near future about them. Once again, our favorite MINI artist has done a great job with a design and I think folks will really like them.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

More info on everything will be posted here as we get closer to the actual event. The team of people coordinating all of this are working with the charity, the locations, vendors and all sorts of stuff to ensure we have a great event that is safe and fun. I can say that the team is working with a potential vendor for clings and there is a rumor based on reliable and credible sources that there will also be stickers. Several vendors have also agreed to contribute "stuff" that will be a part of the raffle prizes.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Here's the update everyone's been waiting for!

We will need a few people to help on the day of the event: Job openings are:

Run Leader #1 - Sara (omgMINI) - Coast Guard represents!

Run Leader #2 - Chaquitta (FAST 060) - Ahoy Navy!

Run Leader #3 - Brandy (Brandy_Brown) - Semper Fi!

Sweeper - Greg (gtrnka) - Hooah Army!

Registration -

-- Lona (smoke789)

-- Michael (mbiedzinski)

-- Craig (SneakyBaron)

--

Photographers -

-- Chris M. (minime331)

-- Michael (mbabischkin)

Raffle Sales

-- Catalina (LOLAMini)

-- Lawry (DragonsMate)

--

Restaurant Set-up

-- Laura (Green Cactus)

-- Lona (smoke789)

-- Kevin (volunteered by mbiedzinski)

Please submit resume's to me via PM and we can negotiate your wages.

Just kidding... :laugh:

Edited by smoke789

On the run last year a few of us called WTOP (103.5 FM) to let them know of our progress around the Beltway. They were really great and made at least 4 or 5 progress reports during their traffic reports on the :08s to announce the looonng line of MINIs rounding the Beltway.

All Verizon and AT&T users need to do is to dial #1035 on their cell phones, usually the traffic team picks up the phone. The first caller needs to explain the event and the direction the line will be taking (395 South to the Beltway - Inner Loop towards Tysons Corner, that is the clockwise loop) and then follow on callers should tell them a landmark or exit number you just passed or will be approaching. WTOP was trying to follow us on the TrafficLand cameras last year.

REMEMBER... hands free in Maryland now. It is now a primary offense to be using a cell while driving.

I only wish that I could make it this year. :frown:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Here's the update everyone's been waiting for!

We will need a few people to help on the day of the event: Job openings are:

Run Leader #1 -

Run Leader #2 -

Run Leader #3 -

Sweeper -

Registration -

-- Lona

--

--

--

Photographers -

Raffle Sales

-- Catalina

--

--

Restaurant Set-up

-- Laura

-- Lona

--

Please submit resume's to me via PM and we can negotiate your wages.

Just kidding... :laugh:

Hi Lona,

I'd be happy to help with registration or raffle sales - just let me know when/where.

As for experience, I can read/write/speak English and will accept a bottle of water as payment. :laugh:

Lawry

Buckle in & hold on....

I've updated the Volunteer section of this thread with those who have contacted me. Thank you! I love the responses!

There are still some run leaders out there that haven't notified me. Our Coastie stepped up! Where are the Army/Navy/Air Force or Marine representations?