smoke789

DC Metro MINIs 5th Annual MINIs Take the Beltway!

I have a friend that does baked goods, is that suitable for the raffle?

Melissa

I think it would be a great raffle gift. Do you think she would be donating a gift card for a future baking need or would she be giving you a goodie to bring and raffle off?

I butt in a lot to help out Lona since I know she can't get to the forum from work.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hasn't someone given a press release on this to WTOP before? Anyone remember who or how?

Their contact page (http://wtop.com/?sid=2243710&nid=700) has an e-mail address for Jim Farley the VP of News & Programming. I'd send it to him and use the contact form at the bottom of the page...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all - this may seem like a dumb question, but since I've never done the Beltway run before and lunch, how do over 100 people pay for the luncheon? Do we pay ahead of time at Kilroys or what? How do 100 people or close fit in to this restaurant and pay for their lunch. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question - most of you probably have done this before. Thanks - Nora

Couple things. There's a separate reservation for the lunch that has 75 people currently registered. Some people won't do the beltway drive and just join us for lunch and vise versa. The lunch is a buffet so that makes the bills a lot easier, typically you get charged for your buffet and beverages. We've been to Kilroys for many years and they give us a room in the back all for us (including parking in the back). Having cash makes the payment process much easier.

Signature.JPG

Scouser said:
Hi all - this may seem like a dumb question, but since I've never done the Beltway run before and lunch, how do over 100 people pay for the luncheon? Do we pay ahead of time at Kilroys or what? How do 100 people or close fit in to this restaurant and pay for their lunch. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question - most of you probably have done this before. Thanks - Nora

Nora, so far only 75 people have RSVPd for lunch. Here's the lunch thread:

Kilroy's has a large back area that they give us each year. It holds about 75 people, but if anyone feels crowded, they can sit in general seating within the restaurant.

Kilroy's is also an all-you-can-eat buffet. Each person pays for themselves on the line when they get their food.

Hope that helps!

Spoke with the Frau about this and it looks like we're in for the run but lunch may be pushing our luck with the kids and naps. Just gave to register (where? Facebook?) and there's a small matter of reinstalling some back seats ;-)

You just have to use the RSVP options at the top of this thread.

IMG_0147.jpg

Their contact page (http://wtop.com/?sid=2243710&nid=700) has an e-mail address for Jim Farley the VP of News & Programming. I'd send it to him and use the contact form at the bottom of the page...

Thank you for the link! I just wrote Jim Farley, and I'm waiting for a reply. Last year, Bert called the station and periodically relayed our progress around the loop. The station gave us quite a few shout-outs during the event.

Thank you for the link! I just wrote Jim Farley, and I'm waiting for a reply. Last year, Bert called the station and periodically relayed our progress around the loop. The station gave us quite a few shout-outs during the event.

You might want to consider sending press releases to the 3 TV stations in the area as well, they might be interested in covering it...

Better yet, see if you can convince the PR person at Operation Second Chance to draft the release and send it out... They could probably do a better job and get more interest than any of us could... Unless we have a PR person in the club...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You might want to consider sending press releases to the 3 TV stations in the area as well, they might be interested in covering it...

Better yet, see if you can convince the PR person at Operation Second Chance to draft the release and send it out... They could probably do a better job and get more interest than any of us could... Unless we have a PR person in the club...

I think we alerted the TV stations for the 1st one if I remember correctly (which I may not). All 3 were a no show..

Wahoo try removing the battery, clean the connectors and charging. I had one that had battery corrosion on the connections.

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

It's going to be chilly in the morning! Dress warm.

This is our biggest ever MINIs Take the Beltway event. We have an amazing number of people who have RSVPd. Thank you, everyone, for your support!!

We'll open registration at 8am at the dealership. Driver's meeting is at 8:45 in the Sears parking lot. Departure at 9am sharp!

The suggested donation is $10. We'll take cash, check or credit card. Credit Card transactions may be a little slower to process and we have a LOT of people registered. And a small request... please don't bring big bills because we have limited change money.

Don't forget your: Radios. Flags. Cameras. Gas. And scarfs... it's going to be blustery.

See you all in the morning!

Wahoo try removing the battery, clean the connectors and charging. I had one that had battery corrosion on the connections.

'Twas an electrical engineer in the past life,

Tried your suggestion with no luck :( must be the batteries

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe