GreenCactus

16 Days...

Sounds like a blast! ill keep my eye out for a place close by to stay..hopefully not everything in the area has been booked already

Everything at Fontana Village is booked. Tapoca is not far, I don't know if it's booked. I think the Microtel is booked.

I remember last year some people were able to stay around Bryson City when some things really booked up. It is a lot of fun. Those of us repeats actually book our cabins before we leave each year. However, if you go to Motoring Alliance and register for their forums, you can watch the thread for rooms. That's usually the best place. Rooms tend to open up in the last few weeks as people find out they can't go at the last minute.

Good luck!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I wanna stay at Fontana!!! :turtle:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

So, who all is planning to drive down on Tuesday? Travelling in a group/caravan can be fun and prevent boredom. I prefer one that doesn't overdo the stops and can make it in one shot. Also, would like to make it to the Spaghetti dinner if possible.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

So, who all is planning to drive down on Tuesday? Travelling in a group/caravan can be fun and prevent boredom. I prefer one that doesn't overdo the stops and can make it in one shot. Also, would like to make it to the Spaghetti dinner if possible.

Im planning on leaving Tuesday

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Dragon brain is contagious!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Change again. Due to some unexpected reasons Geno and I will not be going to the dragon after all. We are sad about it, but especially as the possibility of the furlough is looming its the smart thing to do. We still have a reservation at the Microtel in Robbinsville at $76.46/night from Tuesday-Sunday. If anyone wants to take over I can call to have it transferred to you. It's a good insurance while you're waiting for something to open up closer since you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance. PM me if you're interested.

Signature.JPG

Change again. Due to some unexpected reasons Geno and I will not be going to the dragon after all. We are sad about it, but especially as the possibility of the furlough is looming its the smart thing to do. We still have a reservation at the Microtel in Robbinsville at $76.46/night from Tuesday-Sunday. If anyone wants to take over I can call to have it transferred to you. It's a good insurance while you're waiting for something to open up closer since you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance. PM me if you're interested.

I'm sorry you guys can't make it.

We're having a furlough meeting on March 5, have no idea what's coming :frown:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

We got a letter from the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Even last year when we were facing furloughs and it was stopped the night before in the middle of the night he didn't send us a letter. This is different, it's a "cost saving" planned furlough that will cause us to loose 20% of our pay. I don't want to turn this into a sour conversation, but it's worth being prepared.

Signature.JPG

i know, right!:rock: its probably gonna take me at least two weeks to get it traced out on the computer, then a week or so to get it all cut, then a week to put it on.:top: So ill be cutting it close like always but at least i know what im doing unlike most years when i pull it out of my ass two weeks before i leave.:banghead:

i know, right!:rock: its probably gonna take me at least two weeks to get it traced out on the computer, then a week or so to get it all cut, then a week to put it on.:top: So ill be cutting it close like always but at least i know what im doing unlike most years when i pull it out of my ass two weeks before i leave.:banghead:

Art is supposed the be spontaneous. If you just wing it you will always be suprised:top:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels