GreenCactus

Was it you???

I think Lona accomplished a first for tagging a fellow MINI owner yesterday!

As we left the Sheetz in Haymarket and were getting on Hwy 29, I spied an Astro Black 1st Gen with a really cool offset yellow stripe front to rear. VA Plates "JCWORX". We waved at the guy as we went by him and he jumped onto the end of our little MINI train. After about 30 miles, we pulled off to say hello but he kept on going. After that, he pulled up alongside us in the right lane and Lona and he rolled down their windows and Lona passed him a DCMM card. They turned off shortly afterward. It was a nice looking car, hope to hear from them soon!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Driving along today with Mark in Max and he spies the Red Bull MINI. I tell him to catch up so I can wave. He is dubious that they'll wave and tells me it will have a couple of cute young women in the car. Sure enough, we catch up and there's two young cute blonde women and they don't even glance at us, much less wave. They were not MINIacs, just doing their job I guess.

It would be fun to have a job that involved driving a MINI

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Driving along today with Mark in Max and he spies the Red Bull MINI. I tell him to catch up so I can wave. He is dubious that they'll wave and tells me it will have a couple of cute young women in the car. Sure enough, we catch up and there's two young cute blonde women and they don't even glance at us, much less wave. They were not MINIacs, just doing their job I guess.

It would be fun to have a job that involved driving a MINI

Ali

One of the people I work with at my temp job used to drive the Red Bull MINI when she was in college. She got really excited about Cricket when she saw her in the garage, but I don't think she knew about the MINI community.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I was motoring :motor:home today (Friday 11 March 11) going west on Little River Turnpike and I saw this AWESOME hot orange MINI Convertible….I started flashing my lights :joyman:and honking my horn:bootyshake:….I think the people in the cars around me thought I was having a seizure by the way I was waving:itsme::hello::ciao::wavey::aetsch:….as the MINI got closer I saw flames on the bonnet and a plate with TGGRRR….and the driver didn’t wave back….:dontknow::frown::dontknow:

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

Hahaha! Greg - don't mind Ali, she was probably skimming the traffic! :rofl:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Yippey! I finally got in touch with my new neighbor Angela.:top:

Her LB/W MCS's name is Darwin and she is coming to the Spring Fling run! :motor:

It took some time but MINIac persistence is a force to be reckoned with!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Her LB/W MCS's name is Darwin and she is coming to the Spring Fling run! :motor:

All that MINI stalking paid off

:captain:

Tggrrr010.jpg

That's awesome! :top: Can you get her to register on the forum and RSVP? An accurate count is very important for the restaurant. :stupido:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I've been pretty busy lately.... has anyone seen me? :laugh:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Really? Where'd ya see me?

:itsme: I had a siting recently

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

:tee:

Uh, at Gordon Biersh :biggrin:

:congrats:

I tagged a Countryman in Georgetown today!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

This morning as I parked my car in the garage I saw them directing a nice chocolate brown (I don't know the official color name) MINI into a spot near mine. Well you know I killed some time and then introduced myself and gave her a card. It was so new she had paper plates on it. She said she used to be a member of the club, so hopefully she comes back.

Then rotten day at work, with a crazy PM

Then heading to an appointment down the GW Parkway and I spy a Horizon Blue MINI, the driver tooted and waved. I was so happy and waved back. As he passed me I saw the JCW badge. About 10 miles down the road and after passing 4 non waving MINIs I saw him again as he was stuck in traffic in the right lane and I was passing. He waved again and yelled something, but I couldn't catch it. I had an SUV up my butt, so I couldn't slow down enough to chat.

The waves made my day! :wavey:

Tggrrr010.jpg

It was good to see you TGGRRR! :wavey: I tried to yell my "screen name" but I wasn't loud enough, Ha! That is my normal commute route. These days it is so rare to see a fellow enthusiast who waves... let alone someone I recognized from the Mini community. The only other one I've seen in the last couple years was HZBLUR.... So, I couldn't help but get a bit over-excited.

You were the envy of the GW yesterday, with the top down and big smile on your face. All the hard tops and "just another car" folks were checkin out your ride! :rock:

Then heading to an appointment down the GW Parkway and I spy a Horizon Blue MINI, the driver tooted and waved. I was so happy and waved back. As he passed me I saw the JCW badge. About 10 miles down the road and after passing 4 non waving MINIs I saw him again as he was stuck in traffic in the right lane and I was passing. He waved again and yelled something, but I couldn't catch it. I had an SUV up my butt, so I couldn't slow down enough to chat.

The waves made my day! :wavey:

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.