smoke789

DC Metro MINIs 5th Annual MINIs Take the Beltway!

Had a great time today, was awesome seeing everyone all 100 people haha. great job planning Lona, and great prizes. I am going to make a thread for everyone to post pictures of the event soon.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

BIG thanks to Lona and the others that helped for planning and organizing this event! Aside from a minor detour getting out of the mall, everything went great and I had a blast!

The WTOP traffic updates were great... the WTOP news story following the event - which I heard at 1:05p heading up a number of veteran-related stories - was totally cool.

I'm working on an event video, starting with video and time lapse pictures from GoPro cameras belonging to Craig and I. If you had a GoPro or took video clips using another camera and would like to share some of your video with me for possible inclusion, please send me a PM or email. If you want to share a large amount of video (of which I'll only likely use small clips of), I can set up space for you to upload it to. Just let me know. I would like to have it done by next weekend at the latest, and I'll only really have evenings of this upcoming week to work on it, so please contact me when possible.

Edited by mikev

A HUGE Thank You to everyone who participated today. The number of people who came out to support this event was the best we've ever seen.

I'd really like to thank everyone that volunteered to help out. There were so many! Will, Corey, Craig, Mike and Laura helped with registration set-up. Craig and Mike made registration paperwork a breeze. Erin gave a fantastic driver's meeting. Lawry and Catalina sold tons and tons of raffle tickets. Laura did an amazing job designing the t-shirts. Haemish kept WTOP updated on our status. And little Ray stole the show at the Raffle Prizes. He's a natural with a great booming voice!

Thank you to the Run Leaders! Sara, Chaquitta, Brandy, Corey and Greg. And the impromptu run leaders! Great job in getting everyone to the restaurant!

Our photographers were Craig M, Chris M, Mike B and MikeV. And that guy you saw taking your picture from the Baltimore Ave overpass... that was Justin. And everyone else who took photos and video all day, right? :) Can't wait to see all the photos and videos.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. This couldn't have been put together without the team effort!

Now the numbers... these aren't firm yet!

At first tentative count, there were around 80 cars. Once we have video, it'll be much easier to count and come up with a firm number.

(RSVPs never equal the number of cars.)

We counted the cash box before we left the restaurant. Again, not a complete total as there are the credit card transactions to consider. But from what we collected today just in cash and checks from donations and raffle sales, there was $1715. :)

Oh, and I have the raffle prizes for the people who won but weren't there to claim. I'll be PMing these individuals to coordinate a way for them to get their prizes.

Thank you again, EVERYONE for a really great day!

Sadly I didn't get to take as many pictures as I had hoped - my "walk-around" lens starting acting up yesterday and only got worse today... However, where should I upload my photos from the day?

And it was awesome to see the Countrymen representing! :congrats: It's Countrymen in the picture WTOP posted! :rock:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It wasn't likely that anyone really noticed but I had a couple of cameras out and about today so here's an opportunity to relive MTTB5 from the first cars arriving, right up until everyone was arriving at Kilroy's. In 4 1/2 minutes.

Enjoy and you should be able to download this. If you can watch it on a television, it's shot in 720p - it'll look goooooooodddddd. :)

MTTB5 in 4 minutes.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I had a great time - especially for my first run, and despite the fact Moneypenny's giving me an error message kinda put a damper on it.

I think my husband now "understands" why MINI groups are so addicting. :motor:

And it was awesome to see the Countrymen representing! :congrats: It's Countrymen in the picture WTOP posted! :rock:

Yes, they are! :itsme:

A HUGE Thank You to everyone who participated today. The number of people who came out to support this event was the best we've ever seen.

I'd really like to thank everyone that volunteered to help out. There were so many! Will, Corey, Craig, Mike and Laura helped with registration set-up. Craig and Mike made registration paperwork a breeze. Erin gave a fantastic driver's meeting. Lawry and Catalina sold tons and tons of raffle tickets. Laura did an amazing job designing the t-shirts. Haemish kept WTOP updated on our status. And little Ray stole the show at the Raffle Prizes. He's a natural with a great booming voice!

Thank you to the Run Leaders! Sara, Chaquitta, Brandy, Corey and Greg. And the impromptu run leaders! Great job in getting everyone to the restaurant!

Our photographers were Craig M, Chris M, Mike B and MikeV. And that guy you saw taking your picture from the Baltimore Ave overpass... that was Justin. And everyone else who took photos and video all day, right? :) Can't wait to see all the photos and videos.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. This couldn't have been put together without the team effort!

Now the numbers... these aren't firm yet!

At first tentative count, there were around 80 cars. Once we have video, it'll be much easier to count and come up with a firm number.

(RSVPs never equal the number of cars.)

We counted the cash box before we left the restaurant. Again, not a complete total as there are the credit card transactions to consider. But from what we collected today just in cash and checks from donations and raffle sales, there was $1715. :)

Oh, and I have the raffle prizes for the people who won but weren't there to claim. I'll be PMing these individuals to coordinate a way for them to get their prizes.

Thank you again, EVERYONE for a really great day!

I had a wonderful time and want to thank the organizers for all their hard work. :top: The food was good, weather cooperated in a lovely way, fellow MINIacs were out in force, it seems we raised a lot of money for a GREAT cause, and the "idiot Beltway drivers" didn't cause any accidents. What more can one ask?

I was glad to see some of my friends and quite a few of those to whom I sold raffle tickets win some swag. I whined a bit in good fun but don't mind not being one of today's swag winners; I'm already a winner because I hang with two great groups of folks - C3M and DCMM.

Look forward to more runs and next year's trip around the Beltway.

And finally, my thanks to all the Vets for their service and all they've done/given up for the rest of us. Hat off and hand on heart to you!! :congrats: "Thank you" just doesn't seem adequate but it's what I have to offer.

Lawry

Lawry

Buckle in & hold on....

I was glad to see some of my friends and quite a few of those to whom I sold raffle tickets win some swag. I whined a bit in good fun but don't mind not being one of today's swag winners; I'm already a winner because I hang with two great groups of folks - C3M and DCMM.

It was great getting to meet you (and also Jason) today at the lunch. I look forward to seeing you are more events! :biggrin:

Alice broke down *again* :( This time the clutch slave cylinder went, woke up to a puddle of brake fluid on the ground. Did you know that brakes and clutch use the same reservor. (this is getting really old!)

Is there anyone I can send the vetrans donation to?

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alice broke down *again* :( This time the clutch slave cylinder went, woke up to a puddle of brake fluid on the ground. Did you know that brakes and clutch use the same reservor. (this is getting really old!)

Is there anyone I can send the vetrans donation to?

Beau,

If you go up to page one, post #7 of this thread, you'll find the way to make a donation.

Sorry to hear about the clutch problems with Alice. Brian had the same thing happen last year on a run and had to have a tow truck come pick him up.

That was a blast. It was awesome to be calling in to WTOP every ten minutes, right before the traffic broadcast, and hear my own update read out over the radio for the whole trip. What fun! :biggrin:

Even better than the article on their website... last night I heard the news story on WTOP and heard Craig's own voice! Fantastic! I hope they post the audio version of the story on the website for future posterity. :top:

Great job everyone - I can't wait to see how much the final donation total comes to this year. :rock:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I'm talking to MC2 about getting MTTB5 in issue #48 that comes out in February. Barry, the MC2 Editor said we can have 2 pages of the magazine.

People who took photos... can you look through them and send me your best 5? I need to submit up to 15 photos for the magazine to select from. Note... by sending me your photos, you'll be giving me permission to send them to MC2 to be published. I can't guarantee that any or all pictures will make the magazine.

I'll need the highest quality you can send me. :) And use your last name in the photo title so we can track which ones are submitted so that person gets credit.

Send to: lona.mcveay@gmail.com

Thank you!

That was a blast. It was awesome to be calling in to WTOP every ten minutes, right before the traffic broadcast, and hear my own update read out over the radio for the whole trip. What fun! :biggrin:

Even better than the article on their website... last night I heard the news story on WTOP and heard Craig's own voice! Fantastic! I hope they post the audio version of the story on the website for future posterity. :top:

Great job everyone - I can't wait to see how much the final donation total comes to this year. :rock:

You did a great job with the updates Haemish - thank you very much!

Great news! We've almost reached $2000 to send to Operation Second Chance. Our total for donations as of today is $1922.

For people who didn't make the event but wanted to donate, we'll take donations for Operation Second Chance until midnight Saturday. :)

PayPal

Login to Paypal

Select the "Send Money" tab

Enter the following email address:

~~ payments@dcmetrominis.org ~~

Select the “I’m paying for goods and services” option

On the next page:

Select “No Shipping Required”

PLEASE Enter a message, so the donation will be applied to:

Operation Second Chance

Great news! We've almost reached $2000 to send to Operation Second Chance. Our total for donations as of today is $1922.

For people who didn't make the event but wanted to donate, we'll take donations for Operation Second Chance until midnight Saturday. :)

PayPal

Login to Paypal

Select the "Send Money" tab

Enter the following email address:

~~ payments@dcmetrominis.org ~~

Select the “I’m paying for goods and services” option

On the next page:

Select “No Shipping Required”

PLEASE Enter a message, so the donation will be applied to:

Operation Second Chance

Done, that was easy :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Since no one has contacted me about any additional video footage, here's the video. Yes, you may have already seen some of this since Craig posted his stuff separately... I've added some rear-facing video from my own camera, as well as titles, credits, music, and one of the WTOP traffic reports that mentioned us. Clicking the link will take you to Youtube's site, where you can watch it in the full glory of 720P HD. But I've also embedded it below for convenience.

http://youtu.be/sZrIyIZTTwg