Brian0758

4th of July Weekend Happenings

I was just curious what you all are doing this weekend :questionmark:

I am planning on hanging out at the Cruise-In at the Chik-fil-a near the Dulles Town Center on Friday. A friend will be there with his Corvette club and there should be lots of old hotrods, current muscle cars and imports.

On Monday I am going to the AMA flat track motorcycle races in Frederick. The qualifying starts at 11 and the racing at 3. Here is the link to the race: http://www.barbarafritchieclassic.com/

I have never been to a AMA flat track event and it should be fun.

Hope to see some of you this weekend :top:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

The cruise in sounds fun, any other MINIacks going? I remember shortly after I moved here, there was a meet up at a Chic'fil'a (off willard road?)but was all honda kids, and a crap load of hondas/nissans/chevys/and Scions(toyotas)and maybe 3 notable cars. Wasn't worth the mean muggin' just going around the parking lot.

I, for one, am just glad I don't have to deal with the 4th this year. I plan on laying low, having a few Guinness, throwing a few birds on the grill, and keeping it low key. Will be the first 4th in 3 years I am not doing the roof top event at 12th and F for 3thousand people. I can watch those same National Mall Fireworks from the comfort of the mancave, and NOT have a 3 hour commute home!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

A few of us have showed up with our MINI's. Usually nothing organized.

As far as the types of cars that show up, the classics arrived early in the evening, then the modern muscle (camaros, corvettes, mustangs, etc) start arriving and later the imports/etc arrive.

Hope everyone has a great 4th no matter what you get into :rock:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Not sure yet, but that sounds fun

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

4th celebration at DaMoim, Saturday night, with DJ John K!! That's where I plan to be :rock:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

If anyone is interested, I'd like to run the Wegmans to Fburg route again on Monday.

If you are interested, please email me or text me as I'm going to be away from the web most of Sunday.

cmcveay@gmail.com or 305-712-0254.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold