I used to seafoam my camaro but never did my MINI. When you say the pcv method, what do you mean? I used to disconnect the tube from the master cyl and suck it in to the camaro block that way, how are you doing it on the mini? I checked Youtube but all I found was people showing the smoke.

Joel

My Flickr Site

The proud owner of a 2005 DS/B MCS-JCW...God is my Co-Pilot, but Satan has his foot on the Gas!!!

Half of a two JCW family, I am the fast one!

CARdiac,

Since we don't have a vacuum line to the master cylinder, we just use the vacuum line to the PCV valve. I think it's to the rear passenger side corner of the valve cover. Some use a small section of plastic tube, I just use my thumb to drip it into vacuum line.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

So are you leaving the PCV valve in and removing the tube from it and driping it in there or are you pouring it thru the PCV valve?

Joel

My Flickr Site

The proud owner of a 2005 DS/B MCS-JCW...God is my Co-Pilot, but Satan has his foot on the Gas!!!

Half of a two JCW family, I am the fast one!

I tried using the youtube icon but it didn't work for embedding it
Fixed. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Look I did it!!!!!!!

I looked at what Haemish did and backwards engineered it

:biggrin:

Great job! :congrats: Now if you could just spell my name correctly, we'd really be getting somewhere! :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Oh right, no I

Thanks HaemEsh :biggrin:

You know it's not like it's in spell check, I have to remember it every time. Somedays I remember better then others

ONE E, not two. And YES it -does- have an I. I corrected and bolded it in the quote of your post. You just repeated the mistake, again!

It's not hard, and if you aren't sure, you can click on my profile to check. Or shall I start calling you Ally again? :biggrin:

It's not in your profile, I can never find anyone's names in their profile. Maybe I can now with my new powers but I don't know how to
Click on my name (the blue one at the top of my posts), and click View Public Profile. It doesn't show my real name?

OK, I think I've fixed it now. Didn't realize the first name field was set to hidden. :embarassed:

Make sure the engine is up to temp and wait 10-20min's before cranking it:top:

Also try and have a buddy cut it off as your sucking it in so some stays in the tract.

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.

Anyone planning a seafoam party soon? I would love to try some in NGTT and my daughter's Solara. I told a friend about it when he was having trouble passing MD emmisions....he passed after laying down a smoke screen on HWY 50...LOL

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

I was waiting for it to get a tad warmer, I think the can says it should be over 60 degrees. I did do a Seafoam treatment back in Jan on a warmish day that was well under 60 degrees, there was hardly any smoke.

That's cool that it helped your friend pass emissions.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I had made the recommendation to him based off of all your comments about SeaFoam....I also directed him to youTube for instructions. He is retired from the Navy and wished he had video taped it himself...quoted as saying..."it was bigger than any ship generated smoke screen I had ever seen"...

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

I am watching the forcast for our next day in the upper 50s!

:bandit: :bandit: I'm all for smoking out K Town! :bandit::bandit:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Very interesting reading! Unfortunately I just changed oil a few weeks ago, so will have to wait until next time I need to change oil. Although I guess I can always put some of the Seafoam in the gas?

Would love to see the cloud from Dora sometimes though. :rock:

Very interesting reading! Unfortunately I just changed oil a few weeks ago, so will have to wait until next time I need to change oil. Although I guess I can always put some of the Seafoam in the gas?

Would love to see the cloud from Dora sometimes though. :rock:

Actually to get the smoke you are not putting it into the oil. You can do the Seafoam treatment at any time. It's going into the PVC valve not into the oil.

It's finally getting warm enough to do it again. We need to have a Seafoam party, but where? It's kind of obnoxious with all the smoke.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Actually to get the smoke you are not putting it into the oil. You can do the Seafoam treatment at any time. It's going into the PVC valve not into the oil.

It's finally getting warm enough to do it again. We need to have a Seafoam party, but where? It's kind of obnoxious with all the smoke.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ali

The DIY place didn't seem to mind.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186