GreenCactus

Was it you???

I swear I have tagged about 50 MINIs, and to no avail. Not a single person has joined us here, that I can tell, by way of being tagged. . .that makes me sad.

Even if they don't join, you're increasing the awareness that we exist. Tag them and eventually some of them will come, and have fun!!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think I saw TGGRR this morning, at about 8:10-15, when we were going from N. Beauregard St to Little River Turnpike before getting on 395 South, where I lost him (I think he went on 95-S while I went up and over to 495 toward the river. At least what I saw was an orange convertible with non-personalized license plate (I wasn't sure if TGGRR has personalized license plate?)???

If that was you, TGGRR, cool! :rock: I flashed a couple of times, but not surprised if you didn't see me. :)

I think I saw TGGRR this morning, at about 8:10-15, when we were going from N. Beauregard St to Little River Turnpike before getting on 395 South, where I lost him (I think he went on 95-S while I went up and over to 495 toward the river. At least what I saw was an orange convertible with non-personalized license plate (I wasn't sure if TGGRR has personalized license plate?)???

If that was you, TGGRR, cool! :rock: I flashed a couple of times, but not surprised if you didn't see me. :)

I live in that area, but I don't think it was us. We take Beauregard north of Little River and I take it all the way to Walter Reed, through Pentagon City and get onto 395N at the latest possible place. It's nice to know there's another HO (Hot Orange) in the area :biggrin:

Tigger does have personalized plates, they say "TGGRRR"

I hope if I do see you, that I wave :itsme::itsme:

Tggrrr010.jpg

As I was loading stuff in Cricket after trivia last night around 10pm, I saw a Horizon Blue MINI, with VA tags (not personalized), make a left turn from I St NW onto 9th St. It had a DCMM cling in the window as well as an event cling, but I couldn't tell which event it was from.

Cricket was parked on the left side of 9th - I would've waved or something, but I didn't want to scare you!

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I pulled up behind MINIBEE this morning on Janelia Farm then I must have looked like I was following since we were both heading to Loudoun Co Parkway, I turned right, he turned left, but I honked and we waved! :wavey: Now go to sleep, I know you're probably getting off from work.

Signature.JPG

I pulled up behind MINIBEE this morning on Janelia Farm then I must have looked like I was following since we were both heading to Loudoun Co Parkway, I turned right, he turned left, but I honked and we waved! :wavey: Now go to sleep, I know you're probably getting off from work.

Haha.. I did think you were following me for a minute, then i remembered you went down LoudCty the last time we "met" :p

:wavey:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BLUR and I had a true MINIac moment this afternoon.

We spotted a nice SS/MCS motoring behind us as we approached mi casa. BLUR went right and UNK MINI went left! BLUR wasn't going to miss out on a Neighbor Tagging so she "Italian Job'd it" and did this crazy reverse spin. (Maybe a quick reverse into an open parking space and then safely proceeded thought the gate.)

We quickly spotted UNK MINIac parking, boot in :top:, in his garage. BLUR :motor: just in time to catch him before the garage closed. I assured him, a few times, that I wasn't a weirdo and invited him to DCMM.

Hey there neighbor, forgot your name (sorry :embarassed:):wavey::itsme::wavey::itsme:! Come hang out, I swear I'm not a weirdo! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by FAST060
Spell check check

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

BLUR and I had a true MINIac moment this afternoon.

We spotted a nice LS/MCS motoring behind us as we approached mi casa. BLUR went right and UNK MINI went left! BLUR wasn't going to miss out on a Neighbor Tagging so she "Italian Job'd it" and did this crazy reverse spin. (Maybe a quick reverse into an open parking space and then safely proceeded thought the gate.)

We quickly spotted UNK MINIac parking, boot in :top:, in his garage. BLUR :motor: just in time to catch him before the garage closed. I assured him, a few times, that I wasn't a weirdo and invited him to DCMM.

Hey there neighbor, forgot your name (sorry :embarassed:):wavey::itsme::wavey::itsme:! Come hang out, I swear I'm not a weirdo! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually you kinda are a weirdo but in a very good way

Tggrrr010.jpg

Saw a great looking Classic MINI on 66 last night in Centerville/Manassas area. Right side drive with a Purple Heart plate GOT1LEG.

Was my first official MINI wave.

Made me happy.:rock:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Saw a great looking Classic MINI on 66 last night in Centerville/Manassas area. Right side drive with a Purple Heart plate GOT1LEG.

Was my first official MINI wave.

Made me happy.:rock:

He lives in my neighborhood...He just had the transmission rebuilt on it. I think he is going to participate in MINI's Take the Beltway. He is registered on the forum as "smcurry83", it is a '71 Classic!

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

Yep, that was me. I just got it back on the road after 16 months of being in pieces. So, I've been trying to drive it as much as possible before it gets too cold out.

As long as it doesn't rain, I'll be at MINI's take the beltway.

Hopefully I can situate my interior by then.

71_mini.jpg

Edited by smcurry83

That Mini looks SHARP. Nice car you've got there! :)

Yep, that was me. I just got it back on the road after 16 months of being in pieces. So, I've been trying to drive it as much as possible before it gets too cold out.

As long as it doesn't rain, I'll be at MINI's take the beltway.

Hopefully I can situate my interior by then.

71_mini.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That Mini looks SHARP. Nice car you've got there! :)

Thanks. It looked a bit nicer when I bought it two years ago. I used it as a daily driver for the first 4 months I owned it. Gainesville to Tysons, 5 days a week, from September to January, rain or shine!!! Not the greatest idea...

Thanks. It looked a bit nicer when I bought it two years ago. I used it as a daily driver for the first 4 months I owned it. Gainesville to Tysons, 5 days a week, from September to January, rain or shine!!! Not the greatest idea...

Well it looks amazing and I was giddy that my first MINI wave was a classic.

I am hoping to make the Beltway run but I heard from work that I may be on travel leaving the 12th. :banghead:. It may change tho so cross fingers.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

Another great sighting, this time by my wife on her way into work:

She said she was surrounded by 4 red MINI's, and snapped a pic but the 4th one had just turned away:

IMG_20111104_082409.jpg

That's the 66 exit to Key Bridge, fyi

Steve "Wizzer" P.

That is a cool pic. You guys will have to go to the Dragon where you'll be surrounded by dozens or even hundreds of MINIs. :biggrin:

Dragon is on my list of things to do actually. Especially if my friend from Vegas brings his up. I have another bud in Franklin TN that would come over to Co-Pilot. He wants to get a MINI but is strapped right now so Co-Pilot would be the next best thing.

Debating trying to get a Cabin/Room or just Camp it.

Steve "Wizzer" P.