GreenCactus

Was it you???

It was good to see you TGGRRR! :wavey: I tried to yell my "screen name" but I wasn't loud enough, Ha! That is my normal commute route. These days it is so rare to see a fellow enthusiast who waves... let alone someone I recognized from the Mini community. The only other one I've seen in the last couple years was HZBLUR.... So, I couldn't help but get a bit over-excited.

You were the envy of the GW yesterday, with the top down and big smile on your face. All the hard tops and "just another car" folks were checkin out your ride! :rock:

That's so funny. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what you were saying. I take that route very rarely, I just had to go from DC to Reston. Last time I took it, I ran into another MINI, it was all stickered up and there was much less traffic. We played and had fun passing and following each other.

That's a nice JCW you've got there. I hope you'll make it to the run tomorrow

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I briefly caravanned on 267 eastbound last night with two laser blue MINIs; one S and one Clubman. The Clubman grabbed my attention because it had a nearly identical VA plate, same letters but just nine higher on the number portion -- do us MINI drivers get a special section of the license plate run??

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

I briefly caravanned on 267 eastbound last night with two laser blue MINIs; one S and one Clubman. The Clubman grabbed my attention because it had a nearly identical VA plate, same letters but just nine higher on the number portion -- do us MINI drivers get a special section of the license plate run??

That's so cool. I bet Baxter had a great time!

Tggrrr010.jpg

As much driving as I do in/around DC, I am surprised I haven't seen any of you all:frown:

Same here...although to be honest, I've been doing a lot of telework over the last few months.:pcguru:

I'm hoping to get out for the Spring Fling tomorrow morning... :rock: :motor:

I tagged my first Australian MINI today. It was a yellow R56 on the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) in Melbourne. I could't take a photo since no cameras allowed. I will go by the Melbourne MINI dealer tomorrow after my workshop. I'll get some photos from there and post them here.

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

I tagged my first Australian MINI today. It was a yellow R56 on the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) in Melbourne. I could't take a photo since no cameras allowed. I will go by the Melbourne MINI dealer tomorrow after my workshop. I'll get some photos from there and post them here.

That has to be the longest distance tagging

Tggrrr010.jpg

Awesome - you're right near where my family is from! On my last visit (a little over 2 years ago), I visited a couple of Melbourne-area MINI dealerships. They have several down there. Hope you're enjoying your trip! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Awesome - you're right near where my family is from! On my last visit (a little over 2 years ago), I visited a couple of Melbourne-area MINI dealerships. They have several down there. Hope you're enjoying your trip! :biggrin:

I have tagged a few more...took photos with my phone. I will have to post them when I get back in the states. The Brit's I am here with think I am crazy....I told them about Ali and they changed that to me being just Looney.:stupid: (Love you Ali :wink:) We are going to an Australian Rules Football match tomorrow night...then I fly back on Saturday. Wish I could drive :motor:one over here!!!

image.php?u=620&type=sigpic&dateline=129

Next Generation Trnka Toy

2003 R53 MCSm, EB/W

I have tagged a few more...took photos with my phone. I will have to post them when I get back in the states. The Brit's I am here with think I am crazy....I told them about Ali and they changed that to me being just Looney.:stupid: (Love you Ali :wink:) We are going to an Australian Rules Football match tomorrow night...then I fly back on Saturday. Wish I could drive :motor:one over here!!!

Tell them that I'm not looney, I'm interesting :biggrin:

Besides, they started this whole MINImania thing, they should embrace our MINI madness :motor:

Tggrrr010.jpg

As I was going home on 395 south this afternoon a mini wanted to merge into the next lane to take the glebe rd exit so I tapped the horn twice in my sprinter and let a topless ali :top: into the lane. I thought going topless in nova was illegal. :wavey:

I saw a dark red MINI during that merge but it was a woman who didn't wave. I can't believe I missed you, I was all fuming at the non waver while I was being waved at.

Thanks for letting me in! :wavey:

I guess I'm just a lawbreaker with my topless ways, it was a great drive home.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

I had a MINIrific evening. First in the 5 miles to get to from our house to the restaurant we got two good waves. One interchange yellow Cabrio and a black one (is Astro Black the only black).

Then we got to Food Matters and decided to sit outside. There are lots of MINIs in that area, and a dark silver one pulled up to the stop sign. I decided to try something that I have thought of before and flashed them the Peace sign. I figure, if they're MINI people, they'll get it. THEY DID!!! She rolled down the window and said "Tigger?"

It was Christina from the club. Now I'm not sure if I know Christina yet, but she promised that next time she sees us at the restaurant that they're going to come down and join us.

See... A fun MINI night :party:

Tggrrr010.jpg

is Astro Black the only black
Nope - there have been 4 other black MINI colors: Absolute Black, Cosmos Black, Jet Black and Midnight Black. :rock:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Have seen 2 MINIs, one in courthouse plaza here in FFX, the other, today, up on P and 11th. Both had Club Stickers, Neither waved:(

There are club stickers:biggrin: I def need one, and I had some fun with a yellow mini yesterday over by Chick fil a... he was test driving it by himself w/ dealer plate and sticker in the window, and I just got my intake filter:motor:

06' MCS Chilli Red... K&N PF

I was on a walk in the neighborhood and trying to cross Braddock to get to Green Springs. Even though we had a crosswalk no one was stopping. finally the right side was clear and from the left, I saw a chili red with white mirrors MINI.

I waved nice to them, and they stopped and let us cross

MINI people are the nicest!!! :biggrin:

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg