RDG_RCR

DCMM Allsports Karting Day III

Hey everyone, it's that time of the year again!

DCMM Karting Day III!!!

What: Indoor Karting event at AllsportsGP

Where: Allsports Grand Prix 45915 Maries Rd #170 Dulles, Virginia 20166

When: Sunday February 22nd, 2015 @ TBD

Who: MINI enthusiasts and their friends

Here are our current choices, the race we do will depend on how many people show up. The deadline for payment will be February 18th! All payments will need to be sent via paypal to Tyler.Pepin@gmail.com If I have not received payment by then you will not be on the roster, but feel free to attend the event as a spectator. Just like the previous two events we will probably grab some food after the event. Since we have chosen the Sprint racing option for the past two years I will start with that price, if we end up doing a cheaper race I will refund everyone as needed. So the price as of now is $85.00 to tyler.pepin@gmail.com via paypal.

Here are our current choices, the race we run will depend on the amount of PAID sign ups we get and votes.

Micro Grand Prix

Suitable for 6 to 11 drivers – $50-$60 per person

Option #1 – 10-lap Qualify, 25-lap Main race

Option #2 – 10-lap Qualify, 35-lap Main race

The Micro Grand Prix format is a shorter, modified version of our popular Mini Grand Prix! Jump right into the racing action! It takes 30-40 minutes to complete.

Mini Grand Prix

Suitable for 8 to 11 drivers – $90 per person

25-lap Qualify, 40-lap Main race

The Mini Grand Prix is our most popular format, accommodating the entire driving field at the same time. (That’s right, race with up to 11 people on the track at the same time!) It takes around 1 hour to complete.

In addition you get a personalized Safety Briefing which includes race driving tips and techniques as well as Podium ceremony and trophies to the first three finishers.

Sprint Heat Racing

Suitable for 12 to 20 drivers – $85 per person

5 races for each driver, 10-lap races

Sprint Heat Racing is a highly competitive format that pits drivers against each other in multiple short racers, giving a variety of different starting positions to drivers, and awarding points to top finishing positions. This format is fast and furious, and allows for some great surprises! This format takes 1.5 hours to complete.

Again, personalized Safety Briefing which includes race driving tips and techniques as well as Podium ceremony and trophies to the first three finishers.

Team Racing

Suitable for 16 to 100 drivers – $95 per person

5 min. warm-up, 120-lap Main race

Team Racing is the ultimate team-building and corporate event! It can accommodate large quantities of drivers and relies heavily on teamwork to make it to the top! 120+ laps provide plenty of opportunity for changes to top teams – can you lead your team to the top of the podium? Call us and book your event today! Length of event varies with number of participants.

Hope to see you there! :motor:

EDIT:!!!

Sorry I had to disable RSVPs. In order to keep track of who paid, I will maintain to lists in this post "Paid" and "Spectators".

PAID:

RDG_RCR

SneakyBaron

theMichael

NYRican MC40

1975_mini

Almighty (Duane)

Edge

MarkDDrew

Spectator:

SneakyBaron's + 1

GreenCactus

Edge's +1

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

So how fat guy friendly are the carts?
Speaking from experience (I'm no lightweight at ~250 lb), you'll definitely be feeling it in the long straightaway... takes forever to regain any lost speed from the last hairpin prior. Still a blast to do though!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Speaking from experience (I'm no lightweight at ~250 lb), you'll definitely be feeling it in the long straightaway... takes forever to regain any lost speed from the last hairpin prior. Still a blast to do though!

Distance races I run have recently added a Clydesdale class (over 200lbs), we can have our own unofficial category. It also give you an easy excuse for any slow times you may turn.:top:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Distance races I run have recently added a Clydesdale class (over 200lbs), we can have our own unofficial category. It also give you an easy excuse for any slow times you may turn.:top:
Haha - "Clydesdale class" - that's funny!

Tyler - I just paid. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Tyler - I have another +1 to spectate on Sunday. Looking forward to it! :)

Also - I see another option is going to open up this summer in Manassas... maybe we could try it for the next one? :motor:

Autobahn Indoor Speedway Manassas, VA