RDG_RCR

DCMM Allsports Karting Day III

Do we have a time yet?

Actually we do!! The racing starts at 2:30, but we have to be there NLT 2pm for drivers meeting, but I suggest getting there at 1:30 so you can register and suit up. If you miss the drivers meeting they will not let you race!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I am pretty sure you get partial credit for my quick lap, since I think it was after following your tire tracks.

Also Duane's time was still fastest, the guy in first place was in a super kart (i.e. the SK). so 9hp as opposed to the 6.5 we had

Woot!!! (Duane) usually never kicks my ass that bad, I was following behind him and he was much smoother!

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

That was a blast! It is SO much more fun with fewer people on the track. As I said yesterday, I think they should limit it to no more than 8 on the track at a time, like we had. Fewer = better. :biggrin:

My only frustration is their complete timing screw-up. I did some of my best driving and best laps after they restarted us... and yet the computer printout at the end only judged the first 2 laps. Bah!

Still, I had a great time anyway. :motor:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

AWESOME! :top:

<ahem> Tyler... I think you owe me your 3rd place trophy... and you didn't believe me! :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

AWESOME! :top:

<ahem> Tyler... I think you owe me your 3rd place trophy... and you didn't believe me! :tongue:

LOL, I don't think you read that correctly, I have multiple laps faster than your fastest lap. Can't touch this!

EDIT: AAAnd my average lap time is a 1/2 sec faster than yours, but regardless, you did very well.

EDIT again: Also, the final points score was based on how you did during qualifying and the race (which is dumb in my opinion)

Qualifying: 1. Mark

2. Duane

3. Me

Race: 1. Me

2. Mark

3. Mish

4. Duane

Though if it wasn't for the restart Duane would have finished 1st in the race unless he really screwed up and spun out (like he did after the restart).

Edited by RDG_RCR

LOL, I don't think you read that correctly, I have multiple laps faster than your fastest lap. Can't touch this!
All I know is that the computer says I came 3rd. Our spectators (Laura & Susan) said that it clearly showed me in 3rd place at the end of the race... yet the printouts they used for podium only showed the first 2 laps (before the restart) and put you 3rd, me 4th.

As far as average lap goes - the same link that Craig found shows mine as 26.021, yours as 26.149. Extremely close, but hey, that's what the computer says. Yes, you had a better "best lap" (I think you got them backwards), but one lap does not make a race.

Finally:

Heat Results

Heat Type: 40 Lap Main (Corp)

Win By: Position

...doesn't look to me like those results included the qualifier. "40 Lap Main"

Nice trying to claw it back though. :biggrin:

EDIT: Wait, I mixed up your racing name and Duane's. Fair enough. :angel: Not editing the above because I don't try to hide my mistakes.

Edited by Edge
OOPS

All I know is that the computer says I came 3rd. Our spectators (Laura & Susan) said that it clearly showed me in 3rd place at the end of the race... yet the printouts they used for podium only showed 2 laps and put you 3rd, me 4th.

As far as average lap goes - the same link that Craig found shows mine as 26.021, yours as 26.149. Extremely close, but hey, that's what the computer says. Yes, you had a better "best lap", but one lap does not make a race.

Nice trying to claw it back though. :biggrin:

Mish....Ummm you are completely wrong, look at the times, I finished 1st in the race and my best time was 25.039! Your best lap was 25.2. The print out that was handed out of the actual race was only the first two laps, if you read the actual link Craig posted you will see all the details.

Nice try though!

Mish....Ummm you are completely wrong, look at the times, I finished 1st in the race and my best time was 25.039! Your best lap was 25.2. The print out that was handed out of the actual race was only the first two laps, if you read the actual link Craig posted you will see all the details.

Nice try though!

See my edit above, I already took it back.

See my edit above, I already took it back.

:congrats: I thought I was being trolled... you should have kept on. So how it was broken down, Duane received two print outs when he got his trophy, it had the points earned from qualifying and it had the points earned from the race. Different print outs from what we recieved.

:congrats: I thought I was being trolled... you should have kept on. So how it was broken down, Duane received two print outs when he got his trophy, it had the points earned from qualifying and it had the points earned from the race. Different print outs from what we recieved.
Yeah I just mixed you two up completely at that point. I don't troll... I knew I ended the final heat in 3rd place, which is why I was very surprised by the podium results. Because you ended up getting 3rd, I got all kinds of mixed up, I thought they had you and me backwards, when it was actually Duane I finished ahead of in the final heat (his spinout really cost him!). You both wearing pink helmets didn't help matters in keeping things straight.

I screwed up, I fully admit it, but it was exciting for me regardless because I never thought I'd even come close to a podium spot! (I surprised myself!) :biggrin:

BONUS: No sin bin for me this time! Woohoo!