osofast10

Got the good old brake warning light..need a place to get it done

well my car is up for a few maintenance item... my brake light senor went on so i need to take car of that. What would everyone suggest? Live in springfield and will to go just about anywhere, even drop off the car for a couple of days as i have a spare car. Just want to go somewhere that people trust.

so DCMM.... where should i take my car to get stuff done:top:

The sensor is as simple as unplug the old one and plug in the new one, and the brakes are an hour taking your time. What are the other maintenance items. If you just want to drop it off, ptunning might be a better option than dealer if you are choosing non-oem replacements. Does anyone know the dealers policy on non-oem.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

My light just came on too! I am living in PA now though so i have to make a trip happened. Montgomery Mini gave me a quote for 600 on the front alone :banghead: I very quickly decided I am going to do them myself.

I want to upgrade them. Any one have preferences?

I've been using the Hawks for a while now and I like them. They're lower dust and the dust you do get is orange. Well you know that's just a bonus for me, more orange!!! :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

My light just came on too! I am living in PA now though so i have to make a trip happened. Montgomery Mini gave me a quote for 600 on the front alone :banghead: I very quickly decided I am going to do them myself.

I want to upgrade them. Any one have preferences?

It really just depends on your driving style and how you plan to use your car. If you don't plan on racing or any aggressive driving find something similar to stock, but with maybe less dust (and possibly cheaper) You won't need anything with a high heat tolerance, so find something that has good cold bite.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Looks like a nice kit, just keep in mind that "cross drilled" rotors are strictly for looks nowadays, and offer no real performance improvement....

I disagree the sweet looks make you stop ten feet shorter. Also every aftermarket performance sticker adds 1.5 bhp. Lol

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I second Dan - Have someone help you DIY. Replacement for the stock stuff will cost you less than $250 for pads and rotors all around. Add in the cost of the sensor and a pizza or two, and you will be done for cheap.

2007 Cooper S - Chili Red - White Roof

I've been very happy with the EBC Red Stuff pads. They are fantastic. Yes, they cost a little more, but less dust, and great performance...

just make sure you get rotors that are coated. Nothing worse than putting on new rotors and the first time they get wet, they turn to rust (the hubs, not the actual rotor)

I'd be more than happy to do brake work for any DC Mini member, Gratis... (that means free... Just bring the correct parts)

Yes, I've got a lift and tools, 55" Hidef, wifi in the garage..lol... Just come on over, hang out, done in no time...

No matter where you go, there you are!

I've been very happy with the EBC Red Stuff pads. They are fantastic. Yes, they cost a little more, but less dust, and great performance...

just make sure you get rotors that are coated. Nothing worse than putting on new rotors and the first time they get wet, they turn to rust (the hubs, not the actual rotor)

I'd be more than happy to do brake work for any DC Mini member, Gratis... (that means free... Just bring the correct parts)

Yes, I've got a lift and tools, 55" Hidef, wifi in the garage..lol... Just come on over, hang out, done in no time...

I'm also willing to work on member's cars... I'm just a little more expensive- I require beer and pizza :embarassed: