omgMINI

Vinyl Cling Horror!

So, I put a new sticker on Minnie today. Accordingly, I wanted to adjust the vinyl clings on the inside for a more eye-pleasing composition. I started to peel back the rectangular DCMM 10th Anniversary cling - and *GASP* the colors had come off the vinyl and embedded in the tint.

I quit peeling and left it alone. OMG... Minnie! :bawling:

The oval DCMM cling came off just fine and I was able adjust the grouping that way.

Bottom line - has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm not that worried about it since I didn't intend to totally delete the cling. But, let's say I wanted to remove this egregious offender. Will the print ever come off the window tint without damaging it or will it be ghosted there forever?

image.php?u=1181&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Oh no!

I have not experienced this but I did have some bleed-over from cling to cling when I had mistakenly stacked them during detailing.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

ive never had that happen before:dontknow: but at least you have clings, i took all mine off when i sold STKRS and when STKRS 2 got here i couldnt remember where i put them!! still cant find the to this day! :bawling:

carlos is swinging by the dealership tomorrow, ill ask him about it. :top:

I tested with mine and it did the same thing. I am really disappointed since I found the cling vendor and he gave us a good price for a small order. I sent him a note regarding the issue.

If anyone doesn't have tinted windows I'd love to know if they're having the same issue

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Im not sure if my issue is along the same lines but has anyone had this happen to their DCMM sticker also.....Might be time to get and new one..

IMG_3195_zpsd4db4373.jpg

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

If you're going to do "rubbing" alcohol, aka Isopropyl Alcolhol (IPA), I'd dilute it first, probably 50/50 with water and try it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't have an adverse effect on the tint.

- Darryl

So, try Windex? Same composition for the most part.

I am tempted to see if there has been any color leaching now, not that it matters to me too bad, I rock the DCMM cling for a reason. perhaps if it shadows into things, then I can stop bugging laura for new clings.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

I just asked carlos and he says to try window cleaner even windex or rubbing alcohol is ok just dont rub the crap out of it and just use it this once

Is Windex bad for aftermarket tint? :hmmmm::stupido2:

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

It is bad to use it on a regular basis, it turns the tint purple (at least it did in the 90s). I think a one time quick wipe won't hurt, but as darryl said, a descrete test spot should be done first.

Ahhh. Whoops. So how do you clean dog snot off windows? :tongue: Just water wipes?

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe