George

Cars and Coffee

Not sure if anyone here ever goes to these things, but here's some information in case you are interested. I love all types of cars and, from what I understand, some pretty amazing cars show up.

http://www.facebook.com/KatiesCoffeeHouse

It's called Cars and Coffee. I don't know if posting links to non MINI related activities is a no-no. If so, I'm sorry. I haven't been yet, but I'm planning on going soon.

I went almost every week for a while. Once the weather warms up a bit I'll start going back. The 'official' hours are 7-9AM, but there is usually a good show of cars between 6:30 and 10:30 or so.

You'll see quite the selection, from Stanley Steamers to McClarens, with a handful of Minis and MINIs as well :top:

I'll be at tomorrow’s Car and Coffee at Fair Lake Circle Starbucks (I will be very low-key). As long as the weather isn't silly, there should be a nice crowd out. It's a different crowd from Katie’s but that is my perception.

Q

Oh yeah, BTW... you can post this kind of thing in "Events". We are car enthusiasts and never pass up a chance to mingle with the like-minded. Drive events are the postings that we ensure to let people know who the hosts are and such.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

There have been quite a few threads on it, but it's always a nice thing to think about with the weather starting to break. I fully anticipate getting out there in a month or so, the mix of cars at the Falls Church C+C is awesome. I am hoping that the 458 Italia and the Noble still go out there. There are also a few classic Minis that make the trip.

We should coordinate a Saturday for us MINI folk to go grab a section of the lot and park a bunch up there.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Woke up earlier than normal today so decided to hit Cars & Coffee on a whim. What a great selection of interesting rides! Classic hot rods, new and old exotics, new and old muscle, imports something for everyone. I am definitely in for showing up "in force" with a rack of Minis!

Wasn't there an accident last year by a guy who left Katie's and wrecked his Ferrari on the beltway?

yep

http://jalopnik.com/5945517/this-ferrari-458-was-obliterated-after-a-crash-in-virginia

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

WOW! I wasn't expecting that! I was thinking maybe a small fender bender.

If I remember correctly it was wet out and he tried to race someone I forget

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Anyone going this Saturday?

I would but my car is still stock. I might go some time in April though, I just ordered coil overs.:rock:

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Went to the Summit Point Cars & Coffee Saturday morning, a bit of a hike but worth it. Cool cars, leaning a little toward domestics and a few less exotics but a good turn out for the first one. I think they had 120 cars or so but only one Mini, MINE!

Being able to hit the Karting track if you want and watching a Porsche club rip around the track at the same time was a bonus.

Might be worth a trip some time this summer, we could do a DCMM trip to the Cars & Coffee and finish with some Karting.

Went to the Summit Point Cars & Coffee Saturday morning, a bit of a hike but worth it. Cool cars, leaning a little toward domestics and a few less exotics but a good turn out for the first one. I think they had 120 cars or so but only one Mini, MINE!

Being able to hit the Karting track if you want and watching a Porsche club rip around the track at the same time was a bonus.

Might be worth a trip some time this summer, we could do a DCMM trip to the Cars & Coffee and finish with some Karting.

Sounds fun!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Karting!!!! Yes please!!!!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13