Edge

Spring Fling 2013: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

Hey folks! A quick update:

In order to help with the sudden kitchen demand when we show up on Sunday, Griffin Tavern has set us up with a (mostly) set menu, with traditional fare, including a special sandwich they are creating just for us! If the sandwich is popular and well received, it may become a permanent part of the menu! :biggrin:

• The MINI Cooper
    Cold Roast Beef, English Cheddar, Onion Chutney, Arugula
    And Horseradish Sauce on (tbd)
  • Shepherd’s Pie
  • Fish and Chips
  • Bangers and Mash
  • Burger, choice of cheese

There will also be salads available, and there is a kids menu for the few kids who will be joining us.

Speaking of... it appears we have 3 kids? (coming with: nharrison21, NYRican_MC40 and George). The good news is that I have their permission to convert the "50 people" limit to "50 adults"... which means that we can squeeze 3 more adults in! Woohoo!

I am opening up the RSVPs again until we hit 53. Good number, I think (i.e. R53). :wink:

Looking forward to Sunday! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

What is the planned route.....Since we are coming from the other direction I was thinking of meeting somewhere on the route or just meeting the group there.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Looks like I'll still have a loaner. I still want to go since I can't go to the dragon, so I guess the loaner gets to go on the twisties... unless they give me a Justa. Then there's no point.
Nonsense... Justas can handle just as well as Ses. Even better in fact (with the same suspension), because they are lighter. Don't let a Justa get you down! :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Nonsense... Justas can handle just as well as Ses. Even better in fact (with the same suspension), because they are lighter. Don't let a Justa get you down! :smile:

What Haemish said, what ever MINI you get will do just fine. Run that Justa in manual mode

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

What Haemish said, what ever MINI you get will do just fine. Run that Justa in manual mode

Lola is automatic!
Steph - Ali said manual mode, which is not the same as manual. Every MINI automatic has the ability to run in manual mode, which means you can still select which gear you want to be in. :smile:
Take the loaner! I had a Justa loaner the other day and took it out on some twisties. It was just as much fun! :motor:
:top:

Nick, Haemish attached the 2013 route sheet.

Im such an Idiot....Saw the past ones and blew right past the last two....:stupid:

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I got a 2013 Countryman S All4. Definitely taking this loaner to the Spring Fling. Mom and Dad will be more comfortable too.
What color is the Countryman? Light White? Light Coffee? Or some other color? A few of us have had Countryman loaners lately, just wondering which one. :smile:

Hey folks... I just wanted to give you an advance "heads up" about one additional thing we are doing this year.

Every Spring Fling for the past 5 years, the good folks at the Philomont Volunteer Fire Department have been very kind to us in allowing us to use their "facilities" for our afternoon rest stop. In that area (Philomont, VA), there really aren't any other options. Although there is a general store right next door where you can buy snacks, they don't let customers use their bathroom. However, the Philomont VFD has always given us a warm welcome, without getting anything from us in return.

This year, as a small gesture of gratitude for their past and ongoing support, the DCMM board voted to donate $100 to the VFD, and we will be presenting them with a check on Sunday during the rest stop.

Optionally, if any of you folks attending would like to add to the total (contribute additional funds to the donation), please let our esteemed Treasurer Ali (TGGRRR) know, and give her the extra funds by lunchtime on Sunday. She will add those to the total for the check.

I want to stress that this is completely optional, and nobody is going to be strongarmed into donating. I may mention it at the driver's meeting, but that will be it.

Thanks!

Getting excited! Weather looks to be good with highs near 70!
Latest forecast is a high of 59 and "mostly sunny". This is why I really don't trust the forecast any further out than 1 day ahead.

Oh well - I'll take it over 75 and pouring rain! :biggrin:

Brief reminder... everybody bring your member badges! We are going to have 50 people there - all the more reason to make it easier for us to wear our badges so we know who is who! :)

Change in change in plans - Will not be attending.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...