Edge

Spring Fling 2013: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

What an amazing day. While Haemish didn't deliver on a nice warm morning the day was amazing and the roads were awesome. We didn't have too many issues with slow vehicles and I think everyone was having a great time.

I also really enjoyed my special dairy free, gluten free pizza at the restaurant :top:

Thanks Haemish, another great run.

I hope things went well at the Fire station, sorry we had to bail early. But we did try to do a last good deed and mark that tricky right turn off of 7 for everyone :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Great Morning Run! I hadn't planned on bailing at lunch but getting up at 0'dark:30 to work on a research paper in addition to motoring with some great MINIacs, did me in!

Barely made it home! Crashed on the couch for three hours! Nothing better than to be rocked to sleep (not by boredom) by some great Motoring!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Old school shot, but it's good Spring Fling MINImorabilia for me (even got the Lotus in :) ) Thanks Haemish for a wonderful day, weather and all.

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s494/LostDenverite/16685223-C26E-424E-9E33-D11B621273B8-7758-00000555F6F62211_zps763a0237.jpg

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s494/LostDenverite/C5C95875-273C-4808-BAC7-E3AE63FD5053-6275-0000040F955BD90C_zpsc61d3574.jpg

Edited by LostDenverite

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Thank you to all who attended for making it a really fun day!

A special thanks to Janelle for being my navigator, to Mark, Ali, Laura & Michael for being relays, and to Rab & Tyler for sweeping! You all made it much easier for me, thank you! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

That drive was AWESOME!!!! I can't think of a better way to kick off Spring other that good times with great friends.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey everyone,

Thanks for a great day! Rigsby and I arrived with only 125m which we more than doubled on the drive. I couldn't have imagined a better way to put the first miles on my new Mini.

Even with the top down the weather was great, the route was perfect and lunch was excellent. I came home with sunburned ears!

Thanks, Haemish, for arranging a great event. :congrats:

After more than 12 years driving a Land Rover, the switch to the Roadster is, well, dramatic - definitely a lot to remember/relearn, but what a blast!

Thanks also to everyone who graciously offered tips and advice. Anything you can share with me is most gratefully received.

When I got home my partner asked me how the day went. I told him I think I've found some new friends!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC

Hey everyone,

Thanks for a great day! Rigsby and I arrived with only 125m which we more than doubled on the drive. I couldn't have imagined a better way to put the first miles on my new Mini.

Even with the top down the weather was great, the route was perfect and lunch was excellent. I came home with sunburned ears!

After more than 12 years driving a Land Rover, the switch to the Roadster is, well, dramatic - definitely a lot to remember/relearn, but what a blast!

Thanks also to everyone who graciously offered tips and advice. Anything you can share with me is most gratefully received.

When I got home my partner asked me how the day went. I told him I think I've found some new friends!

You've found new friends for sure. I'm glad you had fun. Bring your partner out with you for the next run.

I think I chatted with you about the convertible top care. You really want to baby it so it lasts

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

did you manage to stay on course?

I didn't race :( ... I sold stuff from the PTUNING tent and played with my friends' daughter and got her to like Joey (Justin's chihuahua). But then I got to ride in the race car FRS!!!!!! There were no MINIs at this one (probably since everyone was at Spring Fling!)

I didn't race :( ... I sold stuff from the PTUNING tent and played with my friends' daughter and got her to like Joey (Justin's chihuahua). But then I got to ride in the race car FRS!!!!!! There were no MINIs at this one (probably since everyone was at Spring Fling!)

You didn't drive!?!? :stupid:

Hey everyone,

Damn, Rigsby is such a damn good name!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

So earlier this week I received this email from the owner of Griffin Tavern. I meant to post it sooner, but I was caught up with other things. Please let me know if you'd like me to pass along any comments (including constructive criticism):

Hello Haemish, this is Debbie Donehey from Griffin Tavern. I believe we spoke originally for this years visit. I'm following up for two reasons:

1. I want to make sure you and your group were happy with the lunch and the service, and
  2. I'd like some thoughts on how we can make it smoother.

I personally believe that groups are wonderful for us. I know the building isn't the best for large numbers but I love the vibe they create. So when you have a moment, please let me know what could have been done better, differently or any thoughts you have based on other venues you've traveled to. I'm always trying to learn and make things better for our wonderful customers!

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Tavern.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I personally thought they did and outstanding job managing our size group the menu was easy (mini Cooper sandwich was really good) can't find anything wrong that they needed to improve on

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I forgot to let everyone know what happened after everyone drove off on the run last week.

A few of you might have noticed that during the drivers' meeting a tall man was checking out our MINIs, especially Monster. So, after everyone drove off and just as I was getting into Ernie to drive home the 6'4" man walks over and asks if we were having a car show. I explained about the run, DCMM, and gave him one of our cards. It turns out that his commute just changed from ~30 miles to 60 miles a day and he wanted to pick up a smaller car and not drive his pickup for commuting. He said that he just saw the "larger MINI" (Countryman) on the road last week but did not have a chance to look at one close up.

Well, I explained the different models (to the best of my ability) and gave him a chance to sit in Ernie, look around, and ask a bunch of questions. I told him to check out our web site and ask "the faithful" a bunch of questions. (Sorry, I forgot to mention the Paceman.) He knew that MINI of Sterling was around the corner and I said that he should drive over and see what they had in stock.

Keep a look out for a guest asking about our larger MINIs and maybe we can get another convert. Needless to say, I was late getting back home but it was well worth it.

Remember, they are "smaller on the outside." :wink:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street