RDG_RCR

DCMM Allsports Karting Day

What's the sin bin? I want to hear stories

It's basically the penalty box, but Sin Bin is a much cooler name obviously. You got stuck there if you had an oopsies, accidental or intentional. I came around the first corner, and while there was no one around me, I tapped the breaks too late while I was turning and skid into the side wall and moved a couple of barriers. Oops :embarassed: Someone else ended up in the Sin Bin for the same move I made, not sure who it was but whoever you are, don't fret, I did the same exact thing and ended up in the same exact section of the wall you did! :top:

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

Tyler - another thanks for stepping up to the plate to organize this event. A wonderful time was had by all... that was the first time that I've done the Sprint Heat Racing format, and I really like it!

Good times! :motor: :biggrin:

Tyler, thanks again for organizing this, it was so much fun from start to finish (the intro safety lesson was hilarious!) I can't wait for the pictures, though the couple of us that ended up in the Sin Bin won't be laughing at those. Regardless, I'd love to do it again!!

No worries at all! Now that they have seen us with a big turn out, maybe we can work on the price a little bit with them. I woulld like to start a league, I know BMW use to have one with them, but I haven't heard much about it.

I would like to set it up almost like F1. We can run the winter months (the off season for actual racing), Maybe October - March, 1 or 2 events a month, either Micro Grand Prix or Mini Grand Prix format. So roughly 6-12 events (depending on pricing of course) at the end of each race your placing assigns a point value, add up the points accrued at the end of the season and determine a winner. :questionmark:

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Also, had a great time with our little mini-adventure (pun not intended) afterwards. Scared the crud out of some woman as 6 MINIs zipped past her on a road :motor:, then watched a giant truck take off a side-view mirror of a parked Mustang (ouch). Still got LR beer though! :top:

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

Sorry for the delay everyone, it's been kind of hectic. But, no more excuses! Here's the "pick of the litter" for photo's. It seems to work best if you do the slideshow. Feel free do download any that you like!

Edited by cmcveay

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It's basically the penalty box, but Sin Bin is a much cooler name obviously. You got stuck there if you had an oopsies, accidental or intentional. I came around the first corner, and while there was no one around me, I tapped the breaks too late while I was turning and skid into the side wall and moved a couple of barriers. Oops :embarassed: Someone else ended up in the Sin Bin for the same move I made, not sure who it was but whoever you are, don't fret, I did the same exact thing and ended up in the same exact section of the wall you did! :top:

It was me!! :proud:

image.php?u=1181&type=sigpic&dateline=13

:highfive: Lesson learned: don't hit the brakes in a corner! Ooooops

I'm just glad that I was there to document Melissa's trip to the "Sin Bin"!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm just glad that I was there to document Melissa's trip to the "Sin Bin"!

All I could think of in that moment was Forrest Gump's bumper sticker :top: and the owner guy going "skidding is sexy, but won't win the race!"

Go Wahoos!