Edge

Spring Fling 2012: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

As of right now, it looks like I am! I need some help though. The 13th is my 27th anniversary. We're doing a run with the new Richmond MINI group Saturday and then heading up y'all way after that. I'll be staying somewhere close to Wegmans.

Looking for a good steak place up that way around Sterling. If someone could email me at maacodale@aol.com to keep the clutter off this thread, I'd appreciate it.

Wegman's on Columbia Pike correct? Not sure if I remember exactly or not.

45131 Columbia Place, Sterling, VA 20166.
Yep! Thanks for helping Dale, Brian. I have gone ahead and added the address of the Sterling Wegmans to the main event post. It was already on the route sheet, but I should have put it in the thread too. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Hey everyone - the Spring Fling has become a victim of its own popularity! We're currently at 53 people and 33 or 34 MINIs who have RSVPed "Yes"! :hmmmm:

So... we're going to have to implement some contingency planning here:

• I've spoken with the Griffin Tavern, and they are OK with the number we have, but they'd like to set a cap of 60 people. Therefore, once the "Yes" RSVP list reaches 60, it will be closed. At that point, "Maybe" RSVPs will be removed from the RSVP altogether. Sorry, I hate to do this, but we need confirmations, not fence-sitting!
    _
  • We will be breaking the MINIs up into 3 subgroups:
    • Subgroup A - New members & first timers (also includes all non-members)
    • Subgroup B - Veteran members who prefer a "casual" driving style
    • Subgroup C - Veteran members who prefer a "spirited" driving style

We are going to travel together in one large combined group, but between each of the subgroups (and at the very end) there will be a designated "relay" person who will serve as the sweeper for the group in front and the leader for the group behind. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all important messages are relayed forward and backward to me and the other relays.

Either Laura (GreenCactus) or I will be contacting some of you over PM to inform you which group you will be in, and the relays will also be contacted. If you don't hear from us, we'll be sorting you into your groups in the drivers meeting on Sunday morning.

We can make this work - we've done it before! It just takes a little coordination. Thanks everyone for your patience as we get this sorted out. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

I'm pretty sure Mark and I are going to double up and bring one MINI. So if you need us to help out let me know.

Max is going into Passport on Friday morning for a check engine light, not sure we'll have him back and we won't bring a loaner on a run.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

RSVPs for this event are now closed. I already heard back from colejd via email earlier, and promised him what was to be slot 60 for lunch (since FUNN SIZ + guest aren't attending lunch), but one last RSVP (SJDiv) just made it in under the radar, pushing us to 62 for lunch. :s: Oh well, we'll make it work! :dontknow:

would someone might have an extra walkie talkie that i might be able to borrow for the run :biggrin::biggrin:

thanks

chris

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

If it helps any, some of us HR MINI folks could just head back before lunch, rather than after. We'd love to hang out with y'all, but if stepping aside will be better for the group as a whole. I know I'd personally, be glad to surrender my lunch spot.

If it helps any, some of us HR MINI folks could just head back before lunch, rather than after. We'd love to hang out with y'all, but if stepping aside will be better for the group as a whole. I know I'd personally, be glad to surrender my lunch spot.
Dale, don't be silly! We're doing just fine - join us for lunch!

My only concern (expressed on FB) is that for any given event hosted by a particular club, it's important to remember to RSVP directly with the hosting club. You did that, and we're happy to have you!

See you Sunday. :top:

Something will come up and and someone won't make it.

I happen to be one of those last minute scheduling disasters so between me and my +1 that opens up two spaces and should get us closer to 60 overall.

Hope you guys have an awesome drive tomorrow! Upset to have to miss it this year. Glad I got my motoring in today heading to and from Cars and Coffee.

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

I happen to be one of those last minute scheduling disasters so between me and my +1 that opens up two spaces and should get us closer to 60 overall.

Hope you guys have an awesome drive tomorrow! Upset to have to miss it this year. Glad I got my motoring in today heading to and from Cars and Coffee.

Sorry you can't make it :frown:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Bummer, sorry to hear that!

In light of this and one other cancellation that I was PMed about, I have re-opened the RSVP for last minute changes.

If any folks who can't make it could please update your RSVP now, that would be awesome.

By my calculations, we now have room for 2 more people in the "actual" count. :smile: