GreenCactus

4th Annual DCMM Picnic

Thanks to everyone that came out to the picnic today! The rain held off until the very end and it looked like everyone had a good time. I know Lona and I certainly did!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It was great pleasure to meet all of you. This was my first event attending and everybody was so nice and kind. Meeting all ladies driving sticky Mini, I hope my wife could also drive manual transmission, ha, ha.

Thanks so much for those who organized this.

HC

Hey guys...I realized when I got home, I had left my fireplace shovel behind. Did anyone pick it up, I hope? I don't need it right away obviously, but it's part of a hand-forged set that I'd like to keep together.

BTW, the pics are great!

Hey everyone. We had a really great time today, just sad we had to leave early to head to the airport. I just uploaded my photos and a short video of the MINIs all lined up on my facebook page for Lola (link in my signature). Also I asked Lona today when the follow-up BBQ would be to finish all the food... Aug Dinner maybe? Just Kidding. Again thanks to everyone who put it together. Amazing job as always!

Signature.JPG

Of all the days for things to come unglued, today was the worst! Bad enough that I have to rescue someone from their self-created mess, but I end up missing my first picnic :banghead:

Sounds like it was a wonderful time...

Things happen and I'm sure we'll get to meet you at another event. We're in the process of setting up the August dinner, maybe you can make it out to that

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Scoopie & I had a gr8 time, as usual. It was 1derful seeing every1 and meeting new folks/MINIs (glad I got out of working 4 once!); highlight 4 me was watching all the other folks come cruising by 2 admire the MINIs ... priceless! :top:

Did some1 mention an August dinner? Can't w8 4 details! :biggrin:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

That was fun! Thanks in particular to the folks who did so much of the hardest work - grocery shopping, setting up and grilling in particular. Yeah, you know who you are. Thank you for an awesome job. :congrats:

Thank you also to the people who patiently kept moving their MINIs for some neat photo shoots - we hope to put some of the better shots up on the website soon (in the banner at the top). :top:

One other thing - when packing up at the end of the day, I found that someone had left a camera case on the table in the shelter. The case was empty (except for a Harris Teeter receipt from that morning for macaroni salad and potato salad, amongst other things), but I saved it and took it home. It's a small black case, the brand name is "Lowepro". If it's yours, let me know and I'll bring it to the next (mutual) event. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Had a great time, despite the heat. I wanted to second Edge's comments and thank everyone who set up the event. I know these things are a lot of work to get put together. You guys did a great job and we enjoyed it very much!

Posted a few pics from my iPhone, nothing fancy, but wanted to at least offer the link.

-Justin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D.B.'s Facebook Page - facebook.com/DBMiniCooper