GreenCactus

4th Annual DCMM Picnic

4th Annual DCMM Picnic

Where: Black Hill Regional Park - Shelter "C"

Address: 20930 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds, Maryland 20841

When: Sunday, August 7, Noon to 5

Cost: FREE to current members and one guest, non members and additional guests are $5. Children 10 and under are free, children over 10 will count as a guest. Please remember to bring/wear your club badge!

Menu: DCMM will provide the following:

Hamburgers

Hotdogs

Veggie Burgers

Soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite)

Water

Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, and cheese)

Plates, utensils, cups and napkins

We are asking attendees to bring either a side or a dessert. It doesn’t need to be enough to serve everyone, but if everyone brings a dish for 4-5 people, we will have plenty! Please put what you are bringing in your RSVP.

We are also asking for volunteers to take a turn at the grill. Please send me a PM if you'd like to take a turn at the grill.

Important Information:

• Picnic is rain or shine. There is a shelter, so don’t let the weather stop you!
  • Dogs are permitted in the park, but they must be kept on a leash.
  • Alcohol is not allowed in the park, so please don’t bring any.

What to Bring:

• Sunscreen
  • Bug spray
  • Chairs (If you'd like to sit on something more comfortable than a picnic table)
  • You may want to bring a towel/change of clothes just in case any of the games involve water guns/balloons.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email at president@dcmetrominis.org

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I'm gonna do my best 2 attend this 1 ... haven't made it yet! :banghead: Just hope I won't have 2 work. According 2 Google's directions, it'll take me an hr & 10 mins 2 get there ... I hope we'll have a MINI caravan (I just love those!) :biggrin: on the way!

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Hey everyone! Take a look at the information for the picnic and get your RSVP's in. This will be lots of fun and Laura (Green Cactus) is still planning a meetup and run to get everyone there. By the time you arrive, the grill will be hot and the drinks will be cold so let's go have fun!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

The route check for the pre-picnic run is planned for this Sunday. If all goes well, you'll see a new event posted Sunday night or Monday. :motor:

The route check went well, but I've realized I'm just not going to have time between now and the picnic to do the final route checks (they're absolutely necessary due to a possible road closure). So, if someone else would like to take this on, I will happily pass on the route sheets. If not, I'll lead the run this fall when I have more time to prepare.

I'm planning to make several gallons of my fresh unsweetened mint tea. I have one of those 5 gallon orange drink coolers, I make the tea from the mint in the garden. It's really refreshing, great for those that don't want soda.
Sounds delicious, except for the unsweetened part. I don't suppose you could make some of each? :angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Sounds delicious, except for the unsweetened part. I don't suppose you could make some of each? :angel:

It really doesn't need sugar, but I can bring some on the side. I only have one big container to bring it in, or I would try and separate it out for you.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

So cool. My dad just told me he's taking me through the scenic route and we're taking the White Ferry accross the Potomac River on our way to the picnic. If anyone would like to meet us at Wegmans of Sterling to ride together please let me know. Route takes a little over an hour so we could plan to meet at 10:30am.

http://canal.mcmullans.org/whites_ferry.htm

White Ferry is the only ferry that still runs on the Potomac. $4 one way, $6 round trip.

Signature.JPG

So cool. My dad just told me he's taking me through the scenic route and we're taking the White Ferry accross the Potomac River on our way to the picnic. If anyone would like to meet us at Wegmans of Sterling to ride together please let me know. Route takes a little over an hour so we could plan to meet at 10:30am.

http://canal.mcmullans.org/whites_ferry.htm

White Ferry is the only ferry that still runs on the Potomac. $4 one way, $6 round trip.

The White's Ferry is a lot of fun. I would join you, but I'm doing set up. I heard there's a sign there with the maximum capacity in MINIs

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Laura, do you need folks to come early to help set up?

I will be getting there at 10:30 to start setting up. I have a few helpers, but if others want to come, they're welcome to help.

If anyone would like to come early to help with set up, please PM me. I don't want 25 people there early. :biggrin: