I plan on getting my windows tinted within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go? I know on NAM Carlos at Solar Solutions is recommended, does anyone have experience with him? Also I'm thinking about getting 20% on the front 2 windows 18% on the back 3, and 15% on the sunroof, how does that sound? Any advice or pictures will help.

-Jordan

Hands down, Carlos is the person to go to. You can see me rave about him in a few posts on NAM, and I've sent several other peoples cars to him as well. He does excellent work, stands behind the quality of his work, and he knows how to apply tint well in the Mini.

I had to get new tint put on my drivers window after I got broken into back in the fall, and Carlos checked out how his work was holding up in the other areas of my Mini. He spotted a TINY bubble that I had never seen, and told me to set time aside when I could and he'd take that tint out and do a fresh install.

You really won't find a better tint service anywhere else.

I took my Clubman to Carlos a few weeks ago and I can't express well enough how pleased I am with the job that was done.

After expressing in interest in having some stripes put on, he told me about a friend of his that might do that for me. By the time I picked up my car, he had already contacted him and worked out a deal. I just haven't had the time to get back down there to get the job done though...

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Thanks, and yes that was me! I was looking for the "was that you?" thread so I could post on there, but I forgot that was on NAM.

Nice looking car! :) I'm leaning on getting tint (at least on the sunroof). Not sure if it'll look wrong on a Laser Blue/White though.

Oh, and there's a "Was it you" thread here too, a couple posts down from this one :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks everyone! It sounds like solar solutions is the best place to go, so that's where I'm going!

Just had mine done by them. No complaints. If I knew how cheap this was, I would have been doing my cars for years.

Yeah, that does look great and your MINI is gorgeous ! :top: Love the aero bumper kit. I think you should do CR mirror caps though. :rock:

I have to take one of mine back to Carlos if I ever have a free Saturday. The driver side front window had a bubble in it, just smaller than a dime, since two days after it was done. The passenger side front... my other half scratched it with a purse as she was getting in the car recently. :banghead:

One was due to the install, the other not, obviously. But since I've waited so long, I don't expect Carlos to do either one of them free.

Just had mine done by them. No complaints. If I knew how cheap this was, I would have been doing my cars for years.

yea, they're prices are the lowest I've seen anywhere, and they do great work.

Yeah, that does look great and your MINI is gorgeous ! :top: Love the aero bumper kit. I think you should do CR mirror caps though. :rock:

I have to take one of mine back to Carlos if I ever have a free Saturday. The driver side front window had a bubble in it, just smaller than a dime, since two days after it was done. The passenger side front... my other half scratched it with a purse as she was getting in the car recently. :banghead:

One was due to the install, the other not, obviously. But since I've waited so long, I don't expect Carlos to do either one of them free.

Thanks! I think I'll stick with all black, although your CR mirror caps do look really good! And as for him fixing for free, I doubt it will be free, but I'm sure he will not charge a whole lot. I had to get him to take my tint off (thanks to long arm of the law), which was a lot cheaper than most places charge; and when I of course got it put back on, and he gave me even more of a discount.

Not sure of the general opinion of it but I took "KOOPDUP" to Hallstar Tint & Detail in Laurel MD. Good prices, really fast turnaround. I liked it so much, I took Lona's 350Z to have it tinted as well. The owner drove a Cooper for a while too, he likes us. Their prices beat anyone in NOVA too!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Semi-threadjack but...

Would you guys recommend either shop mentioned above to install graphics? Mike from AC is working on a design for me, and he did mention a shop in Laurel. Can't remember the name tho :embarassed:

-Jim

cmcveay - how much did they charge to tint your MINI?

Carlos at Solar Solutions only charges $100 to tint MINIs, for DCMM members only (at least, that's how much it was when he did mine within the last year). He also stands behind his work and will fix any problems that come up. I highly recommend him!

carman63 - I guarantee that Mike @ AC was talking about Solar Solutions. Carlos doesn't do vinyl, I think, but he (Carlos) has a vinyl guy that Mike has worked with before.

Mike & Carlos have done combined "tint & vinyl" install days a number of times in the past, where Mike actually flies out here and stays at a member's hose for a few days... and all of the installs are done at Solar Solutions.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Edge, I walked out for 140 for five windows and both sunroof windows and they too stand behind their work. I took my bike rack off to make it easier to get to the sunroof to fit & pre-shrink the film and next thing I knew, one of their guys had a buffer and he was cleaning up the area where the "feet" of the roof rack sits with no charge for that little trick. I was there when the opened on Saturday morning at 10 and I was on my way home by 11.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Edge, I walked out for 140 for five windows and both sunroof windows and they too stand behind their work. I took my bike rack off to make it easier to get to the sunroof to fit & pre-shrink the film and next thing I knew, one of their guys had a buffer and he was cleaning up the area where the "feet" of the roof rack sits with no charge for that little trick. I was there when the opened on Saturday morning at 10 and I was on my way home by 11.
Nice to hear you had excellent service. :top:

Seems that Carlos is the better deal though. He does charge notably more for MINI owners who aren't members of DCMM - but that's not a problem for us!

I don't know if he'd tint the sunroof as well for the same price, but I suspect he would. I didn't need mine tinted because it's was already covered with vinyl. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129