Edge

URGENT HELP - NEED MINI PART

Help! Detroit Tuned at MOTD has found a serious problem with the rear suspension on my MINI.

I need 2 special bolts only available from MINI.

Can someone who is still in town PLEASE call the local dealers, see if they have the part in stock, and if so, PLEASE stop by and pick them up for me before heading down?

The part number is:

Many thanks - hoping and praying one of you can help. My MINI is undrivable without these bolts!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Haemish, I called Moalexandria and they said ONLY Mini of Annapolis has three of them. If anypne from that vicinity can get them for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

Crap. I hope someone who lives in MD won't mind a detour to MoA before they leave for MOTD! :embarassed:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Haemish, you should also call the closest dealership in NC and any along the route. Perhaps, someone can pick it up on the way.

Also, this is a standard BMW part, going by this: M14X1.5X101, so you might even be able to try a BMW dealer. (The part number is the same)

Edited by Scavenger

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Edge,

If there are any dealerships between here and there, out wagon train can hit it/them on the way down.

My cell phone number is 305-712-0254 if you can find them.

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Haemish, you should also call the closest dealership in NC and any along the route. Perhaps, someone can pick it up on the way.
I don't think there are any dealerships "along the way" for the routes people are taking. :(
Also, this is a standard BMW part, going by this: M14X1.5X101, so you might even be able to try a BMW dealer. (The part number is the same)
Same parts database, but it's NOT a BMW part. It is only used on 2nd Gen MINIs (and the GP). Laura drove me in to Robbinsville this afternoon and ACE Hardware had some bolts that MIGHT work, but even if they do, they are only rated with a strength of 8.8, and the OEM bolts are 10.9. I really don't want to use a weaker bolt for such an important role.
Did you get the bolts?
Not yet, no. :(
Edge,

If there are any dealerships between here and there, out wagon train can hit it/them on the way down.

My cell phone number is 305-712-0254 if you can find them.

Thanks Craig, but as I mentioned above, I don't think there are any other dealerships on the I-81 route. There's one in Nashville but that's way out of the way.
How about having Annapolis Fed Ex em? I wish I'd seen this earlier this evening, but by the time I did they were closed anyway.
I may end up resorting to that if no other option pans out, but shipping stuff to Fontana Village is notoriously slow and even unreliable at times. I've dealt with it before. :(

It'd be faster to FEDEX them from Nashville. I think it's what, 200 miles to Nashville?

What about Tim coming from Atlanta? I'm trying to remember his screen name... He just posted the pics of his CR Clubbie that looks like a Lego and I'm drawing a blank on his screen name.........

I really don't go on NAM any more so I'll avoid that option, but I just posted on the MOTD wall. If I don't get a solution by tomorrow mid-morning, I'll try contacting MINI of Nashville to see if any are in stock.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :)

How about Fex Ex to something nearby, Robinsville maybe a mailing center, or a hotel someone is staying at? A NAM'er live in the Robbinsivlle or Asheville area or somewhere closer to civilization? Any one of a few hundred of us (myself included) will be glad to run you out to civilization to a drop place that FexEx can next day to Thursday a.m.

I am planning on leaving here around 5 to meet up with the caravan at 6 in Centreville... I see MINI of Annapolis parts opens at 7am. If push comes to shove I could go there when they open. I'd have to do rush hour then back across the beltway. And I'd not get the part there till late late Wed then, vs. Fed Ex then next am. I'd rather drive you two hours from fontana and back Thur am than do the rush hour from Annapolis to 66 west but if that's what must be done I'll certianly do so...

I'll check on here again this evening. I'm looking for the nearest dealer to there that it could fed ex to also... I'll pm you my phone #

Edit: Looks like Greenville is closest dealer, just over 100 miles. maybe ship to a Mailboxes etc?

Edited by MMatarella

Edge -

If MINI of Annapolis can transfer the bolts to Passport MINI I can get them and bring them with me. Passport is 3 miles from my house. We leave tomorrow night so I could get there right before 6:00

Let me know if that would work.

My cell is 703-201-6899 if you can get them to do the transfer.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sounds like you're on the right path. Yeah, Haemish, for the purpose you need these for, definitely don't go under the required strength rating. Good luck!!!!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Edge,

If FEDEX can get the parts to Robbinsville, There's a whole bunch of us at the Microtel and you can have sent in my name. We'll be arriving this evening. I'm hitting the road in 45 minutes so I'll be on my cell phone.

Microtel Inns-Suites

111 Rodney Orr Bypass

Robbinsville, NC 28771

828-479-6772

Craig

What about a dealership in Atlanta? It's 100 miles closer than Nashville! I'll volunteer to made a run down there right after I get my stripes done on Thursday morning!

Tali and I are working together to try and accomplish this. He's calling now to see if the parts are in stock, if they are, he's picking them up and bringing them to me in DC at my work.

I'll bring them with me and have them to Fontana by tomorrow

It's the MINI network at it's finest. I will let you know more after he calls and confirms that he has the part.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It seems my post on the wall of the MOTD Facebook page has born fruit - someone who is arriving this afternoon is bringing two of the bolts.

Bill, Ali, THANK YOU for your efforts - I will still buy any of the bolts you bring, reimburse you for your additional mileage, and buy you both lunch (or a beer or something) for your trouble!

You guys are awesome. See you soon. :)

(having spares is not a bad thing - once this is all resolved, perhaps I'll give them to Detroit Tuned to keep in stock for the next person that needs them!)