1975_mini

Feeler for MINI Autocross School

I hope everyone  is ready for the holidays. We are looking to gauge interest in MINI Autocross school. Come out and join in some fun with your fellow MINIacs. Whether you are interested in competing in autocross or you just want to become better at understanding the handling of your MINI this is a fun way to really experience the handling of your MINI.

What is Autocross? Autocross is a safe, low-speed motorsport where competitors drive against the clock to turn in the best times as they navigate a driving course defined by orange parking cones in a large, open lot.

What can I expect?  Autocross school is the best way  to learn more about autocross and improve your driving performance through in-car instruction by some of the best instructors in the Washington DC area. Come join us for a fun and educational day filled with safe but adrenaline raising motorsport.

Class is in session: Sessions will include a variety of topics to help novice participants better understand what goes on in a day of autocross, and what they will likely be seeing and hearing around them as they participate in the motorsport. Instruction on how to prepare both the car and driver for autocross, tech inspect, work a course, and safety topics will get you up to speed with the day-of operations for participating in autocross. Then, drivers will learn how to make the most of their runs by examining techniques like walking the course to determine good run lines, throttle modulation (your gas pedal is not an on-off switch!), and when to brake. Discussions will also cover basic handling conditions such as 'oversteer' and 'understeer' you may have heard of, and how to correct them, and try to prevent these issues to give you your best runs.

Learn by doingIt's time to put all of your newfound knowledge to work. Get ready to buckle up and drive, as you will get run after run to put your training and skills to the test with a series of handling and stopping challenges as you gear up to run a full autocross course. With one of our excellent instructors at your side, you will continue to receive guidance to improve your performance and lower your lap times. As you learn how to pick your turn-in points, choose your braking zones and work the throttle wisely, you will notice a consistent improvement in how your car handles confidently and smartly through the sea of cones.

There is no better way to get started in autocross than with the NCC Autocross school. Whether you've done a few events in the past, or if you've never been out to a course before, you'll find the program educational and the skills you learn useful not just on the autocross course, but for all of the driving you do. Instructor are ready to answer any questions you will have and will ensure you get personalized attention and instruction to overcome any concerns or issues. 

If you have any questions or are interested in attending please comment below, as we would like to get a general idea on the number of members that would like to participate, also please say if you would like a loaner helmet. Official ticket sales will be posted in the new year

Details

When: March, but official date to be determined. 

Where: Summit Point Raceway, West Virginia

Time: 8am to 4pm

Lunch: included

Things to bring: Your MINI, Helmet (loaners available on request), a fun attitude

Cost: $150

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

1 hour ago, Kitti said:

This is a cool event.  I would need a helmet.  And would it be appropriate for a countryman?  Or just the smaller minis?

Countryman are welcome, we want everyone to have to opportunity to learn the handling of the MINIs.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

21 minutes ago, 1975_mini said:

Countryman are welcome, we want everyone to have to opportunity to learn the handling of the MINIs.

Then count me in!  Wasn’t sure if it was a safety issue or not. I love track days. Usually, I’m on a motorcycle but can’t wait to try a car!

19 hours ago, STXMINI said:

I'd planned to do another push for interest on SM on Sunday (A good day for eyes to see it) any updates I should post about?

I shot you some more detail for the post

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

3 hours ago, inline4addict said:

I hope it’s not too late to ask to join this event! I will bring a helmet. 

You are not to late tickets will sale date will be posted this weekend

39 minutes ago, Eromitlab said:

Definitely interested depending on where the date lands…I’m a novice and may need a loaner helmet (considering buying one though as I think I’m going to like this!). 

—Bill

The event will be 26 March the ticket sale date will be announced later today

1975Mini001.jpg

As I see there are a decent amount of folks following this thread the MINI novice autocross school tickets have gone on sale. Paid members can purchase now at the link below, and tickets sales will be open to all on 8 Feb. Hope to see you there.

https://dcmetrominis.org/forum/store/product/56-bmw-ncca-mini-novice-autocross-school-ticket/

1975Mini001.jpg