GreenCactus

Was it you???

passed a countryman (blue w/ white stripes) vanity plates "quantco". They live in q-town, but first time i passed her on the road. She gave a full windshield wave, so I returned it with a hand out both windows wave back.:hello2:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Saw a nice and clean silver with black stripes R53 near Rt. 32 in Howard County. Actually got a wave. First one in...oh, I don't know. Not counting the 15 or so I received in the IN/MI area over the July 4th weekend. Nice not to get "the stare" back. haha.

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Saw a nice and clean silver with black stripes R53 near Rt. 32 in Howard County. Actually got a wave. First one in...oh, I don't know. Not counting the 15 or so I received in the IN/MI area over the July 4th weekend. Nice not to get "the stare" back. haha.

Alex, did you see the two MINIs on 211 Saturday? They waved like crazy and honked. Some they and is were being rather spirited I barely saw them but one was a Countryman and one was red.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Alex, did you see the two MINIs on 211 Saturday? They waved like crazy and honked. Some they and is were being rather spirited I barely saw them but one was a Countryman and one was red.

You got me, Ali...I did forget about those two. That was nice to see. :top:

Driving down 395 South with the top down rocking out and annoyed that the stupid Audi in front of me didn't know that you should merge at speed and not 40mph when I hear a tooot tooot

It's a red Countryman flying by

Hi Michael :itsme:

Got a Waze message right after

Made my night as I was on the verge of grumpy!!!!!

Tggrrr010.jpg

I got a very nice wave from a woman driving a yellow Countryman this morning on Wootton Parkway and turning onto Seven Locks Road this morning in Rockville, MD. I passed her, she caught up at the light, and she initiated the wave. It took me by surprise since so few Country-people wave. I gladly waved back. :wavey:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Bert, how have we not run into each other yet? I'm always in that area

Edited by Shadow

So I'm driving to work on 395 into DC and I see a chili red on my right, but she won't look at me. Then I see a spice orange coupe on my left and he is looking straight forward. I try to wave but he's just not looking. He has dealer tags so I really want this wave.

I let him in front (MINI privilege) and he crossed to the right.

I got next to him one more time and this time he looked and smiled and waved back!!!!! :itsme: :itsme:

It was a happy time

Tggrrr010.jpg

Bert, how have we not run into each other yet? I'm always in that area

how have i not seen either of you as i am in rockville all the time

Alexander and Erik, Sorry that we have not met.

Will you be at the next M&G at MINI of MoCo?

I am usually only up in Rockville and Gaithersburg on Saturday morning when running errands or going to out to dinner or to the dentist (like next week). I was just dropping clothes off at Zips and going to Batteries+. I live near Potomac village and work in Reston and from home. :biggrin:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Alexander and Erik, Sorry that we have not met.

Will you be at the next M&G at MINI of MoCo?

I am usually only up in Rockville and Gaithersburg on Saturday morning when running errands or going to out to dinner or to the dentist (like next week). I was just dropping clothes off at Zips and going to Batteries+. I live near Potomac village and work in Reston and from home. :biggrin:

Bert, you and I actually did meet at the Scandinavian import meet if I'm not mistaken. We were discussing routes we take home from work and you accused me of being part of the problem with the backups on Falls Rd. :hahaha:

I'm just surprised I haven't seen you in the wild yet. But, I will be at Mini of MoCo on Saturday. So, see you then! :motor:

Anyone know a African-American young guy driving a tastefully blacked out CM running around Maryland? I've seen him twice, he is friendly and always waves.

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

That could be my husband. Was it a Royal Grey CM with a die on the antenna? Where do you usually see the car? He is usually in the Silver Spring, Rockville, G'Burg area. We wave whenever the opportunity presents itself, but most times people ignore us. :-(

Lolo

Naw it was more like the special edition Cm that comes all blacked out. Saw him in the Bowie area recently.

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

Met a gentleman tonight at Sam's on Rockville Pike with a black F56 with a custom exhaust. Thing sounds righteous. If you make it onto the forums...welcome and enjoy!

So Quitta and I are walking the dogs through the neighborhood today and we see a couple in a volcanic Orange MINI right there in front of us coming to a stop. We both start waving and giving them the thumbs up and squealing in delight. She finally opened her window and Quitta yells "We both have MINIs" I'm yelling "Mine is orange"

The nice girl smiled and nodded but I think she was confused a bit. We let her go, but she was well greeted

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think I set a record for most waves today. I got 3!!

1. Black Cabrio on 395N

2. Black Cabrio on MacArthur, just past Great Falls

3. BRG Cabrio on Partnership at Sugarland.

It seems that Cabrio drivers are likely to wave..... :wavey:

Tggrrr010.jpg