Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

Hey all, been a little while... this Thanksgiving morning, I plugged my scanner in and took a drive. I wanted to check that my radiator fan was working properly. I determined that it does seem to be working fine. I wasn't sure whether my 1st stage had failed again, but it appears it has not. I think the fact that the weather is cooler and my new CSF radiator is so good, the coolant temp is staying below 200, more like in the low 190's. So, the first stage doesn't kick in until something over 200, I don't remember precisely what.  Anyway, this is good news!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 1

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Added wireless CarPlay to the Roadster old CiC nav setup. Zero instructions, so it took a bit of fiddling to get it all hooked up (and disassembling the entire center stack all the way back to the armrest to get to the i-drive stalk). But works really well and definitely updates the car.

mini-carplay01.jpg

mini-carplay02.jpg

mini-carplay03.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chris_V said:

Added wireless CarPlay to the Roadster old CiC nav setup. Zero instructions, so it took a bit of fiddling to get it all hooked up (and disassembling the entire center stack all the way back to the armrest to get to the i-drive stalk). But works really well and definitely updates the car.

mini-carplay01.jpg

mini-carplay02.jpg

mini-carplay03.jpg

That looks great, and your Waze map looks bigger then the one that shows up in my OEM nav system 🤣

I finally picked up my 03 Chili R50 with 183k  from my mechanic today!!😊,had to replace my alternator again! I just had another Mechanic install a new alternator,head gasket, replaced cooling system parts and flush radiator in Jan, and the day I got her back I drove 9 miles and when I stopped and turned the ignition off the coolant overflow container cap blew off and was doing exactly what I just paid to have fixed,well he  forgot to put the belt back on when he put her back together. So he met me in the shopping center parking lot and was scratching his head as to why it happened,and I pointed out that he didn't replace the belt!! So I went to my local Auto Zone that I have an account with and told them I needed a new serpentine belt, so they verified that I needed it for the Mini I have in my garage. And the mechanic installed it and immediately when I started it we heard a loud squeal, and I told him something isn't right, either the tension or alignment was off,he disagreed and said that some oil had gotten on the pulley,of which I disagreed with but it was Super Bowl Sunday evening, drizzling and dark so I decided that I would deal with him tomorrow. So It continues to Squeal Everytime I started it for the 1st time everyday mainly, and then he stopped returning my calls and messages (He has a garage and works on the side). I eventually gave up on him standing behind his work and learned my lesson!  The car ran great,38-40 mpg no overheating didn't burn 1 drop of oil! But still squealed.I was ISO finding someone that could check it out an exactly 2 mths later,I had checked my oil &coolant before heading out that night and the oil was a smidge low for the 1st time. Didn't go into a panic,but was aware Drove 6 miles and the clock went out then the instrument panel, headlights etc,and I knew it was the alternator because I had the same thing just happen in Jan. So I had it towed to a well respected man in my area and ordered a new alternator and he installed it and after installing the belt started fraying before we even took it on the road! So Auto Zone had sold me the wrong belt to begin with. I am dealing with that issue as we chat. So today when I picked it up , everything ran great, but for some odd reason my sunroof will not work? Never had an issue with it B4, then my stock stereo displayed, DISABLE!Never have had any issues with the Hardon Kardon factory stereo either?? I have looked at my Haynes manual,Owners manual and googled both. Checked fuses,reset the ECU,tried to reset the sunroof as instructed on my Google searches. Nothing.i unhooked my battery and waited a little bit and reconnected it and now it's dead?? WTHEAVEN IS WRONG?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated and will send good vibes your way. I don't understand why the battery would have died? I stopped at a few places on my way home and didn't have any issues starting it. Got the battery last Oct. and the car was out of commission pretty much from Oct til Feb. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏✌️❤️🇺🇲

• Sad 1

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.  I'm Andrew. I live in Alexandria, VA, USA.  I have a MY12 Mini Countryman S ALL4 with 120k miles.  I recently started working on a lot of overdue service items.  I replaced the timing chain, oil pump and chain, water pump and its pulley, friction wheel, coolant pipe, and thermostat.  I walnut blasted the intake valves and performed a fuel injection service through the rail.  This was the first time I've done any of thise work, and I learned a lot.  I'm happy to answer any questions and hope to learn from the community.

Thanks

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.  I'm Andrew. I live in Alexandria, VA, USA.  I have a MY12 Mini Countryman S ALL4 with 120k miles.  I recently started working on a lot of overdue service items.  I replaced the timing chain, oil pump and chain, water pump and its pulley, friction wheel, coolant pipe, and thermostat.  I walnut blasted the intake valves and performed a fuel injection service through the rail.  This was the first time I've done any of thise work, and I learned a lot.  I'm happy to answer any questions and hope to learn from the community.

Thanks

Hi Andrew, welcome to DCMM, I'm sure the gearheads on here will be happy to engage with you on all things MINI repairs