melissa99

Skyline Drive Adventure Run

So I was able to get off ( awesome) I'll see you all there

Sweet - looks like we'll have a good sized group!

For the AM meetup, I think there will be more/better parking at Naughty Girls than The Apple House. Plus I want to check it out. So I'm going to change it unless anyone has any objections!

Brandy and I are in. Picked up ebony from Dr passport today, she had spiked a fever, lucky no EBOLA just a bad thermostat housing. [emoji6]

Her too? Lucy did that shenanigans last month. I couldn't comprehend why she was drinking coolant!! We had some words exchanged :banghead: :stupid:

I'm not going, but considering the delays with getting through the gate, perhaps the lead car can have payment for the number of MINIs in the line or the drivers should have exact change to speed up the process so you all can stay together.

If they have all lanes open (3-4) we'll inevitably get split up. We'll figure it out. It's an Adventure Run, after all :top:

There's a wide shoulder right after the gates. Last time we pulled over and waited for everyone to go through. There were 5 or 6 minis and a Z

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

This is a great idea for an adventure run. Skyline drive is well traveled so won't need a pre-run and it's easy to find routes.

What does "adventure run" mean? adTHANKSvance

2009 IY JCW R57 "Cinq à Sept"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pnuw said:
What does "adventure run" mean? adTHANKSvance

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/3103-idea-for-planning-new-runs/?do=findComment&comment=41463

In a nutshell:

1. No route sheets.

2. No dry run.

3. Due to #2, you 'may' end up on a dirt/gravel road and/or get turned around momentarily.

That being said, #3 won't happen on this run. For one thing, I'm hoping to do a dry run of at least part of the route on Saturday (read: I want to try the donuts). And, there are several 'trusted' roads in the vicinity.

carman63 said:
http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/3103-idea-for-planning-new-runs/?do=findComment&comment=41463

In a nutshell:

1. No route sheets.

2. No dry run.

3. Due to #2, you 'may' end up on a dirt/gravel road and/or get turned around momentarily.

That being said, #3 won't happen on this run. For one thing, I'm hoping to do a dry run of at least part of the route on Saturday (read: I want to try the donuts). And, there are several 'trusted' roads in the vicinity.

Thanks to both of you!

2009 IY JCW R57 "Cinq à Sept"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]