TGGRRR (Ali)

MINIs Take the Beltway

On my calander as well. I can't confirm due to work but I would like to go. Although you guys will probably lap me a few times. :motor:

We classics bring up the rear in our own group (4 of us last year) as long as you can run 55 to 60 you will keep up no problem.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

We classics bring up the rear in our own group (4 of us last year) as long as you can run 55 to 60 you will keep up no problem.

60? As in miles per hour! Is this cannonball run? Is the beltway downhill the whole way? I may have to drift with Watson so we can have 80 hp between us. :laugh:

1979 and blurple

60? As in miles per hour! Is this cannonball run? Is the beltway downhill the whole way? I may have to drift with Watson so we can have 80 hp between us. :laugh:

Don't worry, I've got a tow strap and you can "hang out" with Homer for a lap.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

80hp is generous, mine came from the factory with 36hp and a few have likely fallen out along the way.

We can cruise at our own pace.

1975Mini001.jpg

80hp is generous, mine came from the factory with 36hp and a few have likely fallen out along the way.

Bring a couple of tow straps, we'll have a party! I'll even wash the mud off of Homer before the event so he doesn't drop any "land minds" on the road for you!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

The classics should be leading this drive - it gets too fast toward the back of the line for them to realistically keep up.

image.php?u=1181&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Not a bad idea. I tend to lay back due to stopping distance more than keeping up, 7 inch drums don't stop quickly from 60mph compared to newer MINIs. We had a brake check last year on the woodrow wilson bridge, that had a lot of brake pumping once it reach celia and I at the back.:afraid:

The classics should be leading this drive - it gets too fast toward the back of the line for them to realistically keep up.

1975Mini001.jpg

Not a bad idea. I tend to lay back due to stopping distance more than keeping up, 7 inch drums don't stop quickly from 60mph compared to newer MINIs. We had a brake check last year on the woodrow wilson bridge, that had a lot of brake pumping once it reach celia and I at the back.:afraid:

It would look cool to see the classics in the front

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg