RDG_RCR

The Great Pumpkin Run III

The Great Pumpkin Run III

Meet at TARGET(45131 Columbia Pl, Sterling, VA 20166 at 9:00am and head to

Great Country Farms for pick your own pumpkins, a corn maze and more...

We will leave TARGET by 9:30am and the drive to the farm is about an hour.

What to bring: $12/person ($10 for kids) for admission to the farm; two-way radios

Children 2 years and under, Active Duty and Retired Military ID card holders, CSA members and Fan of the Farm Season Pass holders, are free of charge.

There is a restaurant at the farm, but I have not made any arrangements for our group. The farm will likely be very crowded, so please plan accordingly.

The

Bluemont Vineyard is across the street, if anyone is interested in wine tasting. If your MINI is lowered, you may not want to drive up the road to the winery. Cricket made it just fine, but she went very, very slowly. It's gravel and rough pavement with large holes in places.

Please note, the parking lot at the farm is gravel (small gravel, not too bad) and grass.

Here is this year's route, its the same but with an optional loop for the ride home. http://goo.gl/maps/xoz0l

THE LOOP HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!!!

*In the event of inclement weather this event will be CANCELLED* I will post here by 7:30am on Sunday if the weather looks bad.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Tyler, you might want to enable guests, or are you making us all ride solo?
Ali - I just enabled the guests.

Tyler (and everyone else who creates an event) - whenever you set up a new event, it defaults to not allowing people to RSVP with ride-along guests (i.e. 0 guests). You have to change it to allow guest RSVPs. I generally recommend allowing up to 3 guests per RSVP, as that's how many passengers can fit in a MINI. :smile:

I wish I could change it so that it always defaults to 3 when creating an event, but it isn't so easy to do that. :frown:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

It's almost Great pumpkin time!!!!! :top:

:motor::motor:

Tyler Mark is coming with me but not bringing Max. I think he wants a ride in the Lotus and if you're looking for a navigator he could ride with you a while.

That works for me!:top:

Pre-run complete! A few updates, some good and some bad! I'll have them posted this evening.

EDIT!!

So Sara, Ali and I did the pre-run today. Everything involved with the traditional route is still great, no surprises. Earlier my post read that we would meet up at Caribou Coffee, that is wrong! We will be departing from the Target parking lot (same as spring fling, there is a Starbucks so you can still get coffee). We will spend roughly 2 hours (weather dependent) at the farm before we start the optional loop. We had to make changes to the optional run due to some gravel spots. Now before we get to the twisty section there will be a nice drive on river road. There will be NO run sheet for this route and this run will also be FAST! So please keep that in mind before you make your decision to attend, but of course all are welcome!

Edited by RDG_RCR