TGGRRR (Ali)

Paw Paw Tunnel Run

Meeting at the Market Street Coffee house at 9:30

Drivers meeting at 10:00

http://marketstreetcoffeeshops.com/index.php?id=3

1020 E. Main St Purcellville, VA 20132

The route is about 66 miles in to the park. We'll be making a stop in Winchester to pick up food for lunch.

We'll spend about an hour and a half at the park and then head back. While at the park you can walk to and through the tunnel, we can picnic and enjoy the park. If anyone wants to grill, they have grills. There are picnic tables but they aren't close to each other. The walk to the tunnel is about a half a mile and is very flat. The tunnel is dark, but you can see light on either end.

We will not caravan back to the start, instead we'll stop at the Virginia Farmers Market on route 522 about 30 miles from Paw Paw. People can drop off from here as they see fit.

Here's a link to the route

http://goo.gl/maps/MrGbM

Here's a link to some information about Paw Paw tunnel

http://www.nps.gov/choh/upload/pawpawbrochure_final.pdf

and some pics we took today

http://www.alicyndrew.com/pawpaw#h6f51299a

The first part of the route is fairly straight and scenic, but it does get much better after Winchester.

There are NO RESTAURANTS in the town of Paw Paw, plan to purchase lunch in Winchester or bring it. We can also choose to potluck and all get something at the market.

This run is super friendly for kids and or dogs!

things to bring:

Flashlight

lunch/ drinks

chairs or blankets for picnic

comfortable walking shoes

Walkie Talkies

Expect to return to Northern VA around 4:00ish

IF it's Raining we will reschedule as there is no shelter at the park

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm going to need a sweeper, if you want to sweep please let me know :biggrin:
Is a green Mustang sweeper OK? :angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

If I decide to go the bike will need gas in order for me to get back home haha.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

You can easily fill up in Purceville, from there it's 67 miles to Paw Paw. How much range does the bike have?

There's also a gas station in front of the store we'll be stopping at in Winchester...

You can easily fill up in Purceville, from there it's 67 miles to Paw Paw. How much range does the bike have?

I have about 100 miles before the light goes on and an additional 20-30 miles after that before it dies. If I fill up in Paw Paw, it has to have premium though.

There's also a gas station in front of the store we'll be stopping at in Winchester...

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

I have about 100 miles before the light goes on and an additional 20-30 miles after that before it dies. If I fill up in Paw Paw, it has to have premium though.

None of us got gas there, but you can also get gas in Winchester which is less then 50 miles from Paw Paw. There's a station by the market and they will have premium

Tggrrr010.jpg

I don't think they have Premium in Paw Paw, I checked a bunch of gas pricing sites for Liberty gas in Paw Paw and they only give prices for regular and diesel

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sounds awesome!

What day is this again?

...Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC

The 3Ms and Rigsby will see everyone on Sunday!

Looking forward to it!

...Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC

So we're going to stop in Winchester at the market to grab lunch. I'm wondering if people would rather get their own food or grab parts to share like a potluck picnic. There's a grill so we could get charcoal and use that. I'm thinking if we decide to pot lock we might want to figure it out in advance and then just buy our part at the market.

OR what might be easier is we buy our own stuff and some small thing to share like snacks, cookies etc

What do you guys think?

There are really no food options in Paw Paw unless you want to count Grandmas kitchen which is a house with a sign. So if you're the type that likes to eat lunch, then we need to plan for it.

On the pre-run the only import we saw in town was an abandoned rusting VW Bug, so expect that we'll be noticed :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg

So we're going to stop in Winchester at the market to grab lunch. I'm wondering if people would rather get their own food or grab parts to share like a potluck picnic. There's a grill so we could get charcoal and use that. I'm thinking if we decide to pot lock we might want to figure it out in advance and then just buy our part at the market.

OR what might be easier is we buy our own stuff and some small thing to share like snacks, cookies etc

What do you guys think?

There are really no food options in Paw Paw unless you want to count Grandmas kitchen which is a house with a sign. So if you're the type that likes to eat lunch, then we need to plan for it.

On the pre-run the only import we saw in town was an abandoned rusting VW Bug, so expect that we'll be noticed :biggrin:

I'd rather bring my own food. :eating:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186